Pandora is it safe for the heart?

rob0519

Maybe someone can post the warning sign, but in my opinion, if you have to ask, you probably shouldn't ride it.

Bacon

Original Poster
Like is FOP safe if u have a defibrillator? I know soarin' and star tours are defibrillator friendly

ToTBellHop

Are there any rides that kill people with a defibrillator? I thought it was always preexisting conditions.

In any event, the warning sign recommends that guests with heart conditions enjoy River Journey instead. Like most of their thrill rides.

Bacon

Original Poster
Are there any rides that kill people with a defibrillator? I thought it was always preexisting conditions.

In any event, the warning sign recommends that guests with heart conditions enjoy River Journey instead. Like most of their thrill rides.
If a person is fine on Soarin' And Star tours would they be safe?

ChrisM

This is actually a great question, but unfortunately one that likely can't be answered in any straightforward way.

My son has a congenital heart defect and is restricted from full contact sports, isometric exercises, and we have been told he should avoid rollercoasters and any rides with significant G forces. There was some debate during our last check-up as to whether it would be safe for him to ride Splash Mountain (our cardiologist is a big Disney fan so that helps the conversation go more smoothly) and she was straying into the "maybe" territory but then we realized it will be closed when we visit in the fall anyway so it became a moot point.

Anyway, the core problem is Disney is going to slap a "heart warning" on any ride that could possibly cause anyone any trouble whatsoever. But every heart condition is different and every patient is unique, so it's impossible to say with any certainty how an individual rider will be effected. Your best bet is to gauge your overall health and ask your doctor if you are concerned at all.

From what I've read about FOP, I'm not certain if I will allow my son to ride or not. If his doctor was almost willing to give him the thumbs up on the 50 foot drop on Splash Mountain, and if the ride is truly smoother than Star Tours (which he has ridden in the past) and only features an 8-10 foot drop of the vehicle, we may do it. Then again, maybe not. In a perfect world I'd ride it myself before allowing him to ride but FP+ will somewhat force me to make a decision one way or another at the 60 day mark.

Texas84

I thought FoP was more intense than Star Tours. That's going to vary by person. But FoP is definitely smoother.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
This is actually a great question, but unfortunately one that likely can't be answered in any straightforward way.

My son has a congenital heart defect and is restricted from full contact sports, isometric exercises, and we have been told he should avoid rollercoasters and any rides with significant G forces. There was some debate during our last check-up as to whether it would be safe for him to ride Splash Mountain (our cardiologist is a big Disney fan so that helps the conversation go more smoothly) and she was straying into the "maybe" territory but then we realized it will be closed when we visit in the fall anyway so it became a moot point.

Anyway, the core problem is Disney is going to slap a "heart warning" on any ride that could possibly cause anyone any trouble whatsoever. But every heart condition is different and every patient is unique, so it's impossible to say with any certainty how an individual rider will be effected. Your best bet is to gauge your overall health and ask your doctor if you are concerned at all.

From what I've read about FOP, I'm not certain if I will allow my son to ride or not. If his doctor was almost willing to give him the thumbs up on the 50 foot drop on Splash Mountain, and if the ride is truly smoother than Star Tours (which he has ridden in the past) and only features an 8-10 foot drop of the vehicle, we may do it. Then again, maybe not. In a perfect world I'd ride it myself before allowing him to ride but FP+ will somewhat force me to make a decision one way or another at the 60 day mark.
It's more like 6-8 ft drop in the room, and i didn't feel the zero gravity experience like on other rides (ToT specifically) definately the smoothest screen ride I've experienced in Orlando, you will enjoy it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom