Pandora forgotten

drizgirl

The vast majority of WDW guests, i.e. 100% of the people who aren't on this type of message board plus half of us who are on this type of message board, never think to count numbers of attractions and evaluate the parks according to that criteria. WDW is at its best when you're being entertained without queuing for or riding a "ride." Think of the rave reviews Universal has gotten for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. That's two major new lands with one new ride each. Not at all impressive from a "quantity of attractions" perspective, but tremendously impressive from a themed entertainment perspective.
Perhaps. I hope the theming is so out of this world that it wins everyone over and don't even realize it's just 2 rides. But I still think there is so much anticipation for these things that some people will walk out asking if that was it.

CaptainAmerica

Perhaps. I hope the theming is so out of this world that it wins everyone over and don't even realize it's just 2 rides. But I still think there is so much anticipation for these things that some people will walk out asking if that was it.
If they walk in, do two rides, then leave, then that's their own fault, same if someone walked into Wizarding World, rode Forbidden Journey, and left. I don't understand this mentality at all. We see it all the time when people mock things like Treasures of the Seven Seas or Tom Sawyer Island. If people don't take the time to experience what a land has to offer, that's their fault, not Disney's.

correcaminos

The best thing about Pandora is that it increases capacity enough at AK that once SWL opens and draws so many people to HS it should give Disney the opportunity to shut down Everest and finally fix it. Also the fact that there are multiple Avatar movies coming in the future will give DIsney a chance to draw people back to Pandora in 2020, 2022, etc...
LOL

sorry I don't think Everest will ever get "fixed"

As for Pandora as I said we didn't care for the movie, but still interested to go. I had lower expectations (due to disappointments with Harry Potter at Universal and Fantasyland expansion) but from all I've seen and heard it is great. We'll see in a week and a half :)

JIMINYCR

I think Disney has done a good job of promoting Pandora. There has been a huge amount of media hype and celebrity spots drawing attention to the new attractions and features throughout the land. I think the big reason SW stands out more is because it has been a huge part of Disney for many years, has established a popular fan base, and has proven itself by continually drawing crowds to SW events. Pandora hasnt had multiple sequels which develops as much interest and thus a loyal fan base. Pandoras biggest draw at this time has been about the newness factor. Over time it might have popularity but I dont believe it will ever have the draw SW will bring.

Mickey5150

LOL

sorry I don't think Everest will ever get "fixed"

As for Pandora as I said we didn't care for the movie, but still interested to go. I had lower expectations (due to disappointments with Harry Potter at Universal and Fantasyland expansion) but from all I've seen and heard it is great. We'll see in a week and a half :)
Joe Rohde has promised that Everest will get fixed, let's just hope he doesn't get fired.

Mickey5150

If they walk in, do two rides, then leave, then that's their own fault, same if someone walked into Wizarding World, rode Forbidden Journey, and left. I don't understand this mentality at all. We see it all the time when people mock things like Treasures of the Seven Seas or Tom Sawyer Island. If people don't take the time to experience what a land has to offer, that's their fault, not Disney's.
I completely agree, if someone just wants to rush thru rides that's why Six Flags is around.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I can't believe how many people are still missing the point that you don't have to have even seen Avatar to enjoy Pandora at DAK. No extensive knowledge of the IP is needed. From all accounts, the majority of sneak peek visitors have been positive about Pandora. DLR & WDW have many classic attractions that did not have any tie in with an existing IP, and they became must do attractions for years, and are still hugely popular today. There are even Disney attractions that are IP based, but based on IPs that very few people know, and are still loved (Splash Mountain). I don't understand how people can't just wait until they actually go to Pandora, and let the experience speak for itself, instead of making judgements based on limited information they have gotten on the Internet.

THIS

correcaminos

Joe Rohde has promised that Everest will get fixed, let's just hope he doesn't get fired.
While I like Joe Rohde, I just don't have enough faith or trust ;) that Disney will actually do it. You know fork over money to make it better. Fortunately it's a good ride as it is!

rk03221

Are you talking about the Yeti on Everest? It doesnt swipe at you anymore because it was a safety hazard lol my friend works there and told me

correcaminos

Are you talking about the Yeti on Everest? It doesnt swipe at you anymore because it was a safety hazard lol my friend works there and told me
The yeti is not working and it broke down constantly at first. They changed that portion not long after. Not safety from what i understand.

4 hour waits reported at opening day of Pandora. A line just to get in if you do not have FP scheduled. Not forgotten sounding to me

drizgirl

The yeti is not working and it broke down constantly at first. They changed that portion not long after. Not safety from what i understand.

4 hour waits reported at opening day of Pandora. A line just to get in if you do not have FP scheduled. Not forgotten sounding to me
I guess it could be considered a safety issue if the foundation is cracked as has been talked about. I mean, I wouldn't want to be there if the Yeti came toppling over.

mergatroid

I really feel like Star Wars land has totally stolen the thunder from Pandora. When ever disney talks about new stuff it seems like they are like "omg new concept art of star wars land ! And oh yea heres some Pandora crap..

Especially when the fan base people get so excited for Star Wars Land they completely forgotten about Pandora.

Where do you get this notion from, any examples?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom