Pal Mickey

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
He's the ultimate Walt Disney World insider, a cheerful friend who enhances a theme park visit with timesaving tips and fun facts.

Who is he? Pal Mickey!

Available for daily rental or purchase, Pal Mickey is a talking Mickey Mouse toy that entertains and assists guests in each of the four theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort -- Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Pal Mickey helps guests get the most out of a Walt Disney World vacation by bringing each theme park to life as a helpful tour guide. The huggable plush toy offers reminders about parades and show times, shares stories and trivia, recommends attractions, plays games and tells guests where to locate Disney characters. Each 10 1/2-inch Pal Mickey responds in all of the Walt Disney World theme parks.

Developed by Walt Disney Imagineering using advances in wireless communication, Pal Mickey is the latest Walt Disney World innovation to improve and enhance guest service with leading-edge technology.

"See the names written on those second-story windows?" Pal Mickey might say as guests stroll along Main Street, U.S.A. "Those folks helped Walt Disney build this Magic Kingdom!" In fact, the windows bear the names of key Disney cast members instrumental in the development of Walt Disney World Resort.

"Say, 'Fantasmic!' will be starting in about an hour," Pal Mickey might remind Disney-MGM Studios guests about the park's popular nighttime spectacular. "If ya wanna see it, now's a good time to go grab a seat!"

Pal Mickey keeps the whole family entertained with Disney jokes and fun interactive games guests can initiate, whether waiting in line at the theme parks or relaxing in a hotel room -- even back at home.

Pal Mickey is available to all guests as a daily rental ($8 plus tax per day and a refundable $50 deposit) or as a purchase ($46.94 plus tax). Guests who wish to keep a rented Pal Mickey can simply take him home; the deposit will be used as the total purchase price with tax ($50).

General Grizz

He sounds really cute and informative, huh? But I've also heard he can be quite a pain. (In more than one case, Mickey wouldn't stop laughing for the last 10 minutes of the American Adventure, and, though remaining silent on some rides (i.e. TesT TracK), he'll blurt out the parade times, etc. on attractions like Universe of Energy and Alien Encounter! :lol: )

General Grizz

I used Pal the day before yesterday.

(1) Don't get emotionally attached to him. When he says that he's so glad you spent the day with him, DON'T GIVE IN! It will cost you 50 bucks. And watch out for the kids, too! :lol:

(2) Keep him on around World Showcase...and impress some Cast Members with the languages he'll teach you!

(3) Turn him off during the Voices of Liberty. ;)

(4) Play with him in queue lines. It will make time go faster slightly. :)

Stefffe

hmm.....this is the first ive heard of "pal mickey"

is this thing worth having????? and is it pre programmed????

this is totally new to me.....

~stefffe~

RobVanDam

ya know, i wonder what pal mickey has to say about mission: space.. "@$#! @*^#!" well he sounds happy now doesn't he...:lol: seriously now, does he have anything to say about m:s, and what about for new attractions if you buy him..:veryconfu

ortis

Pal micky

Are there alot of pal mickys in the parks? If anyone here has used him what is the best park to use him in and what do you do with him when you go on rides?

figgyfan

I had mickey clipped to my backpack strap or my daughter's belt loop.He comes with a clip attached to his head. I thought he was a lot of fun. Even now at home....he still tells jokes and plays games.
He giggled a couple times even in the backpack.He was a little noisy in the hall of presidents.( He wanted to be sure we got good seats for the share a dream come true parade.)
I also noticed that the four times we rode ms he didn't
say a word. I'm not sure how they will get him to talk about new attractions. I sure hope he works everytime we go back.
The only think I would change about pal mickey are his hands. They should be plasic or some other easily cleanable material.I have two kids....his hands are dirty.

aim

Originally posted by figgyfan
I sure hope he works everytime we go back.

He sure does! :) I saw him on my first trip (around June 4) and I had to have him! My sister bought him as a Graduation present (she used her CM discount)! It was a nice gift. We brought him with us that whole trip. He was pretty neat! And when I went back down at the end of June, we brought him. He is (in my opinion) one of the neatest things Disney has done for the guests in the parks! :) If you don't buy one, at least rent one for a day! He told us about parades, if there was a short wait for a ride, facts about the parks, and corny little jokes. I feel he was worth every penny! :D

:wave:

RobVanDam

Originally posted by WDW*babe
I feel he was worth every penny! :D

Hmmm.... but you didnt buy it.. :hammer:

Anyway, I'm actually thinking of buying it, but i dont know $50 ... do i really wanna put out my hard worked (begging) cash to use on this guy? Or go and waste it at Mouse Gear or even the Pirates Shop...:veryconfu

Tim G

Originally posted by RobVanDam
ya know, i wonder what pal mickey has to say about mission: space.. "@$#! @*^#!" well he sounds happy now doesn't he...:lol: seriously now, does he have anything to say about m:s, and what about for new attractions if you buy him..:veryconfu
Rent / buy one... Then you will know.!!!!

It's the smartest item on the block

The_CEO

Corrus.. Maybe you can fill me in on this...

Can you talk to it? Because when I was playing around with some in the shop. They all start out the same. I thought they would be random. But its just a regular program that spits out "Hi I'm Mickey" It was cute. But like.. What kind of interaction makes it worth the $50?

Tim G

Originally posted by The_CEO
Corrus.. Maybe you can fill me in on this...

Can you talk to it? Because when I was playing around with some in the shop. They all start out the same. I thought they would be random. But its just a regular program that spits out "Hi I'm Mickey" It was cute. But like.. What kind of interaction makes it worth the $50?

Of course you can talk to him...
It won't help you much but you can talk to him...
But seriously, NO, you can't have a conversation with him.
You can sqeeze on his tummy or one of his hands.. to start him up...but beware... sometimes for more than an hour.. he knows what's worth while, he can guide you through the parks and will give you a lot of info of every spot in the parks...
Tells you little jokes.
He also remembers where he’s been, so he won’t repeat the same tip over and over again
But if you are visiting WDW frequently, Pal Mickey will run out of tips to share.
He knows just where he is in the park and can recite park touring tips and fun trivia for nearby attractions.
He even knows what time it is!
The only way to stop him is by putting him in your back pack or leaving the parks.

At home (wherever) Pal Mickey is a very nice fluffy toy and always quiet.. but if you take him back one time he will continue to do his job...

It's very nice and big fun for little children ... let's say 4 to 12 yrs.. And of course for the absolute disney addicts it's a must..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom