Page loading problems?

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
Just had the loading problem again. It's fine now, but when I hit "new posts" a minute ago I had time to check my email on another tab and come back before it loaded. Still using Firefox. :shrug:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I do, but the Trend Micro antivirus deletes cookies when I close my browser. I deactivated that so lets see what happens.

NOooo ...never deactivate your antivirus. :eek:

I had Trend for a while...it came with a Dell I have but it ran out and I never subscribed. I use AVG at home and at work....recommended by my company's IT guy....and it's FREE !! never had a problem with unwanted extra's that so many Anti virus programs come with ...and it doesn't wrap all around your operating system with a stranglehold like Norton seems to.

Edit...I can't believe I 'm having an intelligent conversion with the "Thick"! :wave:

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
NOooo ...never deactivate your antivirus. :eek:

I had Trend for a while...it came with a Dell I have but it ran out and I never subscribed. I use AVG at home and at work....recommended by my company's IT guy....and it's FREE !! never had a problem with unwanted extra's that so many Anti virus programs come with ...and it doesn't wrap all around your operating system with a stranglehold like Norton seems to.

LOL, not the antivirus, the deleting the cookies upon closing the browser.

Honestly, I love Trend, it takes up almost no resources and conflicts with nothing. Mcaffee and Norton are kinda meh to me. Norton, like you said is probably the worst anti on the market, Mcaffee was good but some things, like malware can get through. I was even getting blocks on this site at times for Disney Travel links...

Trend on the other hand, not counting the cookies thing, has been stellar. I encourage anyone in need of a good antivirus, especially gamers, to it.

Never heard of AVG, but you just can't beat that price, I'll look it up.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
LOL, not the antivirus, the deleting the cookies upon closing the browser.

Honestly, I love Trend, it takes up almost no resources and conflicts with nothing. Mcaffee and Norton are kinda meh to me. Norton, like you said is probably the worst anti on the market, Mcaffee was good but some things, like malware can get through. I was even getting blocks on this site at times for Disney Travel links...

Trend on the other hand, not counting the cookies thing, has been stellar. I encourage anyone in need of a good antivirus, especially gamers, to it.

Never heard of AVG, but you just can't beat that price, I'll look it up.

I've have never found paid antivirus programs that didn't let something thorough. I have always used Spybot and AdAware in addition to different antivirus programs...and they always found stuff that the paid-for A.V. programs let slip through. AVG has actually been better at preventing malware than the mainstream A.V. programs ever were. (not a paid testimonial) But I was happy with Trend while I had it. much more so than Norton or McAfee

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom