Packable Jacket for April

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Considering that the average temperature in WDW in April is in the mid 70's with highs in the mid to high 80's, I would go with as light as possible if any at all.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Unless the weather forecast calls for unusually cold weather, you'll be find with a standard hoodie or lightweight fleece jacket (for early morning or late evening, if needed) plus a rain poncho (I recommend disposable Dollar Store ones) will be more than adequate. You can each wear your jacket on the plane so you don't have to pack it, if you're flying (since planes tend to get a little chilly anyway). Truth be told, although my family always brought a hoodie or fleece when we traveled to WDW in April, we never needed to wear them, as the temperature was always comfortably warm for us, even at night.

This site does a nice job of recommending clothes based on the current weather forecast, although you may need to adjust it based on the weather to which you are accustomed. If you're from the South, add a layer. If you're from the northern U.S., assume you'll be comfortable in one layer less than recommended:
http://www.vacationpacker.com/index.php?q=Orlando,+FL

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jahona

Packable rain jacket or poncho. The weather should be warm enough that you shouldn't really need a jacket in the mornings for warmth unless you get cold easily. A rain jacket can provide some warmth if you end up needing it.

Upvote 0

NeedMoreMickey

No matter what time I year I go I always take a light rain jacket that will fold/roll up and fit in a backpack. I'll use a poncho if that's all I have but I'd rather have the jacket, it doesn't blow around in the wind, it has pockets, and it is a lot easier to have my arms free.

Upvote 0

Gaston's gal

Yes, definitely bring a very lightweight windbreaker or hoodie and maybe even a rain poncho you can get at the Dollar Store. Much cheaper there. Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom