Overpaying on a vacation reservation.

Rachel S1321

Hi everyone! So if I book a year out from our travel dates and pay the full price and then a discount pops up or a pin code I know you get refunded. My question is can the money just stay on that account on your magic band for spending cash?

NYwdwfan

Hi everyone! So if I book a year out from our travel dates and pay the full price and then a discount pops up or a pin code I know you get refunded. My question is can the money just stay on that account on your magic band for spending cash?

You are only required to pay a deposit that far out (I believe it's $200 for a package or 1 night's room rate for room only), so if the full price is discounted sometime after you book, it would just be a reduction in what you owe when the full balance is due (something like 30 or 45 days before the trip). I don't think there would be any benefit in actually paying in full a year in advance. Better to have the money in an interest bearing account (albeit for little more than pennies of interest) than giving it to Disney a year before you have to.

Upvote 0

DisneyJill

@Master Yoda is correct...when you charge on your magic band, it is not an "account" that they have for you to deduct from, it is linked to a credit or debit card and not charged until 1) check out or 2) when you reach your resort limit, which is $500 at value, $1000 at moderate, and $1500 at deluxe. if you reach one of these limits before check out, you are notified from the front desk that your card on file will be charged, and then you are extended that "line of credit" again.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom