deleted

DisAl

It is an elevator at Disneyland. The ride building is on the opposing side of the DLRR train tracks from the mansion entrance. Elevator down, hallway underneath the train tracks, and enter your doom buggy. I do find it interesting how they try to make the effect the same without the use of an elevator at MK.
The ceiling of the "elevator" goes up while the floor does not move at all. Did you also know they have two different rooms? (At least they do at Disney World.) One opens in the back, the other to the left as viewed from the entrance. The two rooms let them keep an almost constant flow for boarding the doombuggys.
As for things overheard, we were there one August and as we were walking in the World Showcase at Epcot we met a family walking the other direction. The snippet of conversation we heard was the mom who was obviously not happy. Her comment was "And we are the stupid family that had to come at the hottest time of the year!"

Last edited:

Cosmic Commando

The ceiling of the "elevator" goes up while the floor does not move at all. Did you also know they have two different rooms? (At least they do at Disney World.) One opens in the back, the other to the left as viewed from the entrance. The two rooms let them keep an almost constant flow for boarding the doombuggys.
As for things overheard, we were there one August and as we were walking in the World Showcase at Epcot we met a family walking the other direction. The snippet of conversation we heard was the mom who was obviously not happy. Her comment was "And we are the stupid family that had to come at the hottest time of the year!"
In Disneyland, the guests actually do go down in the elevator. It's like @NotAddictedToDisney said... the elevator brings you below the level of the RR tracks, then there's a long hallway that guests walk through under the tracks to get to the load area. It's similar to the longer caverns in DL's Pirates. In WDW, the guests don't change elevation, and guests ride through the changing portrait hallway. Not sure if that's what you meant; just wanted everyone on the same page.

ninjaprincesst

The best I have overheard was a large family walking very quickly down main street , with one of the teens asking "where is Shamu" and the Mom replies it's got to be right here somewhere just keep walking" And I have had two separate people at the Wl bus stop , one asked me where you wait for the bus to Universal, the other asked me where the bus to Sea World was.

Sonconato

While I was trying to order ice cream from Storybook Treats, a man jumped in front of me with a half-eaten sundae. He said that he was going to share it with his wife, but she was gone longer than he expected and he wanted the employees to put his ice cream in their freezer. For obvious reasons, the employee said that they could not take it back. The man with his ice cream asked him again, and this happened a few times before he got the hint.

_caleb

I may be responsible for some of the inaccurate things overheard at the parks:
  • "I never ride Space Mountain until after dark- they speed it up at night, you know."
  • "Every Ten-thousandth visitor through the gates wins a lifetime pass to Disney World."
  • "Some of the Cast Members aren't actually Disney employees. They just love it here so much they volunteer."
As I kid I believed these and told anyone who would listen!

KBLovedDisney

"That is Walt Disney's bust that is turn sideways and singing in the Haunted Mansion"....um, no. That is Thurl Ravenscroft.

I think what made this bad was that a CM told me this...I wanted to correct this person so bad, but they said it with such belief them-self that I couldn't correct them at the moment.

RememberWhen

My sister and I were in line for tower of terror one time and were chatting with a family who hadn't risen before. We ended up in the same elevator with them. At some point before the drop when the elevator begins to move forward my sister loudly started saying "oh no! This isn't right! It's not supposed to do this!" The family (all adults) were panicked and then we dropped. We all had a good laugh after, but she really scared them...

Foltzy

This year I was at MK and walking by Tomorrowland Speedway heading to MTP and this random guy approaches me and says "Dude what the heck. Your shirt is in Spanish and it doesn't say anything". I was wearing my monorail shirt that says "por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas".

I replied "Have you taken the monorails yet?"
He said no, and everything became clear.

Foltzy

Ooh I've got one more.
My family was waiting in the Mission: Space preshow room and Gary Sinise was giving his spiel. He gets to the part in which he tells us about our vehicle and shows us a model of it.
Some guy pipes up from the back of the room "How are we supposed to fit into that?" in the most sarcastic voice ever.

The entire room cracked up and whenever I see that video I think of that quote.

The Mighty Tim

Ooh I've got one more.
My family was waiting in the Mission: Space preshow room and Gary Sinise was giving his spiel. He gets to the part in which he tells us about our vehicle and shows us a model of it.
Some guy pipes up from the back of the room "How are we supposed to fit into that?" in the most sarcastic voice ever.

The entire room cracked up and whenever I see that video I think of that quote.

Reminds me of the time when my brother and I were in the preshow room and when Gary Sinise appeared on the screen, my brother said in his best Forrest Gump imitation voice "LIEUTENANT DAN GOT HIS LEGS BACK!", which prompted some laughs from people nearby.

ScoobaSteve

Was in line for tower of terror and two people were on a tinder date. Both of their families were on Disney property and they decided to venture off for s tinder date.

Safe to say those conversations were interesting

Disney4family

We were walking into Adventureland early last week when a mom next to us started explaining to her daughter which attractions are in this land.
She said - "the Magic Carpets, Pirates, the Jungle Cruise and the Stairs ride".
Really??!!!!!!??? Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse much??? :confused:
We used that line for the rest of the trip for anything that fit. "We're going on the Stairs ride!"
Oh my!

Raineman

We were walking into Adventureland early last week when a mom next to us started explaining to her daughter which attractions are in this land.
She said - "the Magic Carpets, Pirates, the Jungle Cruise and the Stairs ride".
Really??!!!!!!??? Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse much??? :confused:
We used that line for the rest of the trip for anything that fit. "We're going on the Stairs ride!"
Oh my!
If I heard somebody talking about a Stairs ride in Adventureland, my mind would immediately go to something like "Really? Must be a new ride I've never heard of! Is it called Indiana Jones And The Escalator Of Doom?" :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom