deleted

Tick Tock

This wasn't funny or ridiculous, just rather odd.

Years ago we were in the pre-show room for Soarin' watching the video hosted by Patrick Warburton. It gets to the part when he says: "Please keep all personal items stored safely.....including these little beauties (referencing the Mickey Ears)...
A woman near us lets out a very forced laugh. She then turns to her child and says: "Wasn't that funny? Disney made a clever joke. Why aren't you laughing? Disney was creative and made a clever joke..." This went on until boarding time. Her child was obviously annoyed with her mother's nagging and finally said: "Yes, it was very funny." This shut the mom up.

Last edited:

Since1976

This wasn't funny or ridiculous, just rather odd.

Years ago we were in the pre-show room for Soarin' watching the video hosted by Patrick Warburton. It gets to the part when he says: "Please keep all personal items stored safely.....including these little beauties (referencing the Mickey Ears)...
A woman near us lets out a very forced laugh. She then turns to her child and says: "Wasn't that funny? Disney made a clever joke. Why aren't you laughing? Disney was creative and made a clever joke..." This went on until boarding time. Her child was obviously annoyed with her mother's nagging and finally said: "Yes, it was very funny." This shut the mom up.

Wow. Can't tell if the mom was being sarcastic or if she truly felt her child was not "getting" Disney. Annoying either way.

Since1976

On the parking tram at the end of a long day, ca. 1990:

The tram announcer made a pun at every stop. For example, when guests were let off at the Donald Duck section, he instructed them to step away from the tram as quickly as they could, and "waddle with a purpose."

The puns were inoffensive and usually elicited a small chuckle, but one older teen in our car rolled her eyes in annoyance at every one. At the Donald Duck one, she finally exclaimed loudly "Soooooooo funny." Her family looked too tired to to swat her down for being a party pooper.

The announcer happened to be on the back of the tram two rows behind her, and heard the teen's jab.

Without skipping a beat: "The Grumpy section is coming up, folks."

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
So is the refridgerator ... going to skip that also ?

Well no, William Cullen (non-vampire) demonstrated the first artificial refrigeration system in Glasgow in 1794. James Harrison (USA) created the first practical commercial ice maker in 1857. Edmond Carré made an absorption icemaker that used sulfuric acid (ouch! I can see why that didnt catch on), his brother Ferdinand Carré made the first liquid collant refrigeration system in 1858. So they improved it, not invented it.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Well no, William Cullen (non-vampire) demonstrated the first artificial refrigeration system in Glasgow in 1794. James Harrison (USA) created the first practical commercial ice maker in 1857. Edmond Carré made an absorption icemaker that used sulfuric acid (ouch! I can see why that didnt catch on), his brother Ferdinand Carré made the first liquid collant refrigeration system in 1858. So they improved it, not invented it.
You could argue it was idn siba that invented it and everyone else improved it so we would both be wrong-ish.

smee08

Several years ago I working at a Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween party handing out candy. I was stationed in Liberty Square where Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen where doing meet and greets. During the parade the candy line was pretty slow so I was standing waiting for the next group to come by. Without missing a beat a lady in an EVC comes barreling around the corner at full speed and yells to me without stopping "the headless horseman was better last year!". Just keeps going and doesn't even slow down. Thought it was pretty funny.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You could argue it was idn siba that invented it and everyone else improved it so we would both be wrong-ish.
Maybe you guys should just chill, eh? ;)

MississippiBelle

We overheard a family in line at Tower of Terror, who then were in our elevator sitting behind us. It went something like this:
Kid (maybe 10): This doesn't ACTUALLY drop does it? Like does it or does Disney make you think you're dropping?
Parents: No, it doesn't drop, Disney uses effects (snickering together)

Kid proceeded to find out the truth and cries and screams wildly "WERE ALL GONNA DIE!" as we dropped a number of times, and was furious at the parents when getting off. Yikes.

My parents told my little brother that Rock n Roller Coaster didn't go upside down. Granted, he actually did like roller coasters, he just got antsy when getting on new ones. A teenager in line ahead of us turned around and said "Yes it does!". My mom's face... if looks could kill! :D

Greg in TN

From what I could tell, it seemed like she was frustrated with her child not "getting" Disney. I get Disney, and have never found that mouse ear joke in the video to be laugh out loud hilarious. Not sure what exactly she was expecting from her daughter.

It's mildly cute. It fits in with the level of humor in the rest of the pre-show, but no, it's not "laugh out loud funny." I do like that pre-show, though.

KBLovedDisney

Last week, while we were waiting in a very long line for EE in AK (which I never really mind...it's Disney World. You're there. Who cares!) Anyways, a kid (I'd say about 10) along with both his parents were passing us to get to the exit, all the while the kid was shouting "It's not worth it! It's not worth it!".

I heard several people behind and in front of me (including myself) reply with, "Yeah, it is..."

jloucks

On one recent visit we were exiting MK for the night and we were walking back to CR to get back to our room (love that walkway)-there was a huge pedestrian traffic jam and if you weren't hopping on the monorail, there was one bottlenecked area for EVERYONE to exit the park. My husband @aw14 was able to make his escape rather quickly (I'm sure with some possible shoulder checks) and I was with our daughter (who was probably 12 at the time) trying to make our way out. I'm all for being patient and taking turns leaving and wasn't concerned with getting out, we would get out when we would get out. As my daughter and I were nearing the one exit, I could see that there was an older male cast member trying to direct the flow-and did so with professionalism and ease until all of a sudden a woman came up screaming at the top of her lungs "I'm going crazy! I need to get out of here, I need to get out of here! You need to open another exit! I'm going crazy!" I turned to my daughter and said "I think she probably reached crazy earlier this afternoon!" The woman unleashed on the cast member and he handled it without missing a beat in true Disney-calm fashion. She was rude and belligerent and had clearly reached the end of her patience rope and the cast member just kept saying "ma'am the exit is right here, you can exit right this way." And she just kept screaming. There was no emergency, she was just done. You know when your kids are little, and you know they've have had too much stimulation about an hour before they reach their breaking point and you know it's time to wrap it up, my hunch would be this woman reached that point around 2:00 that afternoon and just let all of her exhaustion and frustration fester until she just exploded. We had a good chuckle walking back to the hotel repeating "I need to get out of here! I need to get out of here!"

Oof, I have to at least partially side with her. As someone with claustrophobia, if you jam me in too tight, I too would freak out. Happened in line for the Imagination show. I can usually sense it is about to get bad and avoid the situation, but for some reason this line, correction, mob scene, just kept getting tighter and tighter until people were pressing on all sides of me. They were hot, sweaty, and stinky, and I just couldn't take it. I pushed thru a few people on the left and on over the cement wall I scampered. A CM attempted to correct me, but saw how twitchy I was, and let me go ahead and exit on out. This line was not light parade dense. It was not bus ride dense. It got Tokyo subway at rush hour dense. Probably unsafe level of dense imho.

JimW

Premium Member
Anyway, once I heard some teenager referring to a fountain with utter amazement as an upside-down waterfall. I now refer to all fountains at Disney as upside down waterfalls now so I'm probably someone else's answer to this question.

Was this at Epcot, near Imagination, per chance? I always thought the one fountain there was designed to be that exact thing, an "upside down waterfall".
c5cae875e35a1307ad430f797c34ce7b.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom