deleted

CosmicPrincess

My girlfriend and I were in Capt. Cook's at around 2 in the morning after a long night of EMHs at MK. No one else was in there besides us and a group of about 5 super fancy looking men. They were dressed in crisp suits and all looked exceptionally well-groomed to the point where they kind of looked like clones of one another.

They were sharing a pizza and were quietly eating until one said "I want to go on Splash Mountain tomorrow". Another responded, without missing a beat, "not until after the meeting. You'll get your suit wet and you know what happened last time." The group silently nodded in agreement and went back to eating and my girlfriend and I had to leave the area because we were laughing so hard.

Came to find out that Obama was on property during the time we were visiting so maybe it's possible that we accidentally stumbled upon the secret service discussing super secret Disney World ride plans :hilarious: either way, we still quote them to this day.

Patcheslee

My girlfriend and I were in Capt. Cook's at around 2 in the morning after a long night of EMHs at MK. No one else was in there besides us and a group of about 5 super fancy looking men. They were dressed in crisp suits and all looked exceptionally well-groomed to the point where they kind of looked like clones of one another.

They were sharing a pizza and were quietly eating until one said "I want to go on Splash Mountain tomorrow". Another responded, without missing a beat, "not until after the meeting. You'll get your suit wet and you know what happened last time." The group silently nodded in agreement and went back to eating and my girlfriend and I had to leave the area because we were laughing so hard.

Came to find out that Obama was on property during the time we were visiting so maybe it's possible that we accidentally stumbled upon the secret service discussing super secret Disney World ride plans :hilarious: either way, we still quote them to this day.
Lol, I could picture secret service with special mouse ears.

BigRedDad

Most ridiculous was hearing a "mom" yelling at her kids that they had to have fun because their dad had to take a huge loan out to come back just to stay at the Grand Floridian because their friends stayed there a few weeks earlier. Ranting all about having to come back because people in their social circle "out did" them and they can't be seen on a lower rung of the social circle.

G00fyDad

Most ridiculous? "Excuse me. We need to sit. Could you scoot down?" Said to me by a woman looking to pop in 15 minutes before the afternoon parade at MK as my family and I had been sitting on the wall outside Pecos Bill's for the past hour. My response? "We've been here for an hour now. We're already shoulder-to-shoulder with this family next to us. We're not moving." That is when she proceeded to demand that the other family move. :banghead: A CM finally had to shoo them away.

Something funny? I was going to say "See the first answer above ^^" but... we watched a guest sing (nearly) the entire Gaston song near the statue in New Fantasyland. By the way he was acting he was probably in a theater group. It was hysterical. He was really getting into it.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

This is not something "heard" per se but I have seen some EPIC mullets and one time just straight up took a picture of a guy because his mullet was so insanely bad. The whole top and sides of his head was completely shaved but starting from the top of the back of his head there was an amaaaazing Alabama Avalanche gloriously flowing down past his shoulders while he rocked a cut off tee shirt and jean shorts... in like 2009. It was FANTASTIC! LOL! Also I love a bad toupee and other bad haircuts. We once seen an old man who was balding on top but had taken the hair around the horseshoe that he had and literally wrapped it to one side of his head and had used like Butch Wax or something to hold it in place. It looked absolutely hilarious and we just couldn't stop laughing at it. I would have been much better for the poor guy to just count his losses and shave his whole head. Stuff like that kills me! LOL!

Weather_Lady

Overheard on the "Epcot loop" of the monorail (running continuously back and forth between the TTC and Epcot), from a young husband to his wife, "Now, don't you worry, honey. There's no way we're going to be late for our dinner reservation at the Grand Floridian. You see that other rail by the resorts? Well, what's going to happen here is that when this monorail gets to the end of the line, it's going to turn around on a big loop and come back down that other rail, and hit all of the resorts. No worries - I know what I'm talking about!"

(...and yes, I did politely straighten them out. They hopped off at the TTC to switch to the resort monorail, and hopefully made their dinner reservation on time.)

Last edited:

DisneyPrincess5

We overheard a family in line at Tower of Terror, who then were in our elevator sitting behind us. It went something like this:
Kid (maybe 10): This doesn't ACTUALLY drop does it? Like does it or does Disney make you think you're dropping?
Parents: No, it doesn't drop, Disney uses effects (snickering together)

Kid proceeded to find out the truth and cries and screams wildly "WERE ALL GONNA DIE!" as we dropped a number of times, and was furious at the parents when getting off. Yikes.

Diznyfan

Years ago I overheard a father trying to convince his younger son to ride on Spaceship Earth. Her son seemed visibly upset at the prospect of riding in the dark. I heard the mother reply "He's scared, he don't wanna go up in that big ball".

awheartsdw

On one recent visit we were exiting MK for the night and we were walking back to CR to get back to our room (love that walkway)-there was a huge pedestrian traffic jam and if you weren't hopping on the monorail, there was one bottlenecked area for EVERYONE to exit the park. My husband @aw14 was able to make his escape rather quickly (I'm sure with some possible shoulder checks) and I was with our daughter (who was probably 12 at the time) trying to make our way out. I'm all for being patient and taking turns leaving and wasn't concerned with getting out, we would get out when we would get out. As my daughter and I were nearing the one exit, I could see that there was an older male cast member trying to direct the flow-and did so with professionalism and ease until all of a sudden a woman came up screaming at the top of her lungs "I'm going crazy! I need to get out of here, I need to get out of here! You need to open another exit! I'm going crazy!" I turned to my daughter and said "I think she probably reached crazy earlier this afternoon!" The woman unleashed on the cast member and he handled it without missing a beat in true Disney-calm fashion. She was rude and belligerent and had clearly reached the end of her patience rope and the cast member just kept saying "ma'am the exit is right here, you can exit right this way." And she just kept screaming. There was no emergency, she was just done. You know when your kids are little, and you know they've have had too much stimulation about an hour before they reach their breaking point and you know it's time to wrap it up, my hunch would be this woman reached that point around 2:00 that afternoon and just let all of her exhaustion and frustration fester until she just exploded. We had a good chuckle walking back to the hotel repeating "I need to get out of here! I need to get out of here!"

Raineman

I've heard people say how much the "theming of Animal Kingdom is so on point, but they need to replace the flags around Expedition Everest" because they're getting ratty, lol.
I've heard something similar to that, at Animal Kingdom: "I heard Tusker House has great food, but it's pretty ratty looking-they need to fix it up." Yup, cause a building that is themed to look like a typical African building should look like it's straight out of Beverly Hills. :banghead:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
We overheard a family in line at Tower of Terror, who then were in our elevator sitting behind us. It went something like this:
Kid (maybe 10): This doesn't ACTUALLY drop does it? Like does it or does Disney make you think you're dropping?
Parents: No, it doesn't drop, Disney uses effects (snickering together)

Kid proceeded to find out the truth and cries and screams wildly "WERE ALL GONNA DIE!" as we dropped a number of times, and was furious at the parents when getting off. Yikes.
Parenting win :hilarious:

aw14

On one recent visit we were exiting MK for the night and we were walking back to CR to get back to our room (love that walkway)-there was a huge pedestrian traffic jam and if you weren't hopping on the monorail, there was one bottlenecked area for EVERYONE to exit the park. My husband @aw14 was able to make his escape rather quickly (I'm sure with some possible shoulder checks) and I was with our daughter (who was probably 12 at the time) trying to make our way out. I'm all for being patient and taking turns leaving and wasn't concerned with getting out, we would get out when we would get out. As my daughter and I were nearing the one exit, I could see that there was an older male cast member trying to direct the flow-and did so with professionalism and ease until all of a sudden a woman came up screaming at the top of her lungs "I'm going crazy! I need to get out of here, I need to get out of here! You need to open another exit! I'm going crazy!" I turned to my daughter and said "I think she probably reached crazy earlier this afternoon!" The woman unleashed on the cast member and he handled it without missing a beat in true Disney-calm fashion. She was rude and belligerent and had clearly reached the end of her patience rope and the cast member just kept saying "ma'am the exit is right here, you can exit right this way." And she just kept screaming. There was no emergency, she was just done. You know when your kids are little, and you know they've have had too much stimulation about an hour before they reach their breaking point and you know it's time to wrap it up, my hunch would be this woman reached that point around 2:00 that afternoon and just let all of her exhaustion and frustration fester until she just exploded. We had a good chuckle walking back to the hotel repeating "I need to get out of here! I need to get out of here!"
Yes, there were shoulder checks and a few loud, rude "excuse me"

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Overheard at the bus stop at PO: French Quarter: "The Osborne lights were a gift from Ozzy and Sharron."

I spent the entire day stating more mis-facts about Ozzy and Sharron. Like "Splash Mountain is based on a children's book written by Ozzy and Sharon." or "That statue of the guy standing with Mickey Mouse is actually Ozzy's grandfather."

CosmicPrincess

Another one I can add is when a family stopped by a store in AK's Africa and asked how long of a ride KS is. The cast member, in true Disney fashion, answered "oh! It's a three week safari!" to which the mother, not understanding that the cast member was playing around, exclaimed very loudly "THREE WEEKS!?? WHO HAS TIME FOR THAT!!??"

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Another one I can add is when a family stopped by a store in AK's Africa and asked how long of a ride KS is. The cast member, in true Disney fashion, answered "oh! It's a three week safari!" to which the mother, not understanding that the cast member was playing around, exclaimed very loudly "THREE WEEKS!?? WHO HAS TIME FOR THAT!!??"
LOL! I love people like that. Makes everyone's day funnier

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom