Outlook Express and Newsgroups

Nineinchnailsmk

Original Poster
Hello there evr'y body!

Okay, im not really good at using this infernal machine. How do i set up newsgroups on outlook express? does anyone use them? what are they? Are there any disney ones? IM CONFUSED!:confused: :veryconfu

They sound pretty cool.....HELP! YIKES!

Damn you MICROSOFT! Why cant you make things easier!? LOL They are of no help, i tried their FAQ section and im just even more confused!

NowInc

Newsgroups have been around for YEARS...they are pretty annoying tho..for the most part...

I personally use "nomad" to surf through my newsgroups...but i know you can use outlook (if your ISP supports it)

NowInc

Originally posted by Nineinchnailsmk
are newsgroups the same as forums? what is nomad? i need to take a class on this business

Its sort of like a forum...mixed with an email-group...you post a message using your email addy..and people can reply...

Invero

Oh my... I haven't used a newsgroup in... umm... 10-15 years? My parents used to work for Digital... and we had a DECmate II computer with dual 5.25" floppies, and I think we even got later on the optional 10mb hard drive... (wow! 10 whole megabytes!) and my mother had access to newsgroups with a lightning fast 300 baud modem.

Nineinchnailsmk

Original Poster
yea i remember the good old days when you had to feed the mice to get them to run in the wheel to get the computer to run....:)

we had the 8mb ram and the 50 mb hard drive (just barely enough room for stuff...we had windows and its stuff and the original Wolfenstein!) with the 33mhz processor....yes!

NowInc

LoL..my old Dino still works! 8 meg hard drive (weighs at least 50 pounds..easy)...amber duotone monitor..has dos and simcity on it...8088 processor..and i think less than a meg of ram...

...meeeemoriessss.....

Nineinchnailsmk

Original Poster
i remember buying civilization 2 and it barely worked on that machine...i remember taking it to my neighbors and putting it on his 75mhz machine and it was like night and day! it was so fast, i had a hard time playing, i was so used to waiting a minute for each turn...lol!! Then it got the "form" virus from my highschool cause i used a home disk at school and then used that same disk at home again!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Couldnt get rid of that virus!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom