Out of control WDW ticket prices

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Sir, start all started yesterday and I responded to posts to me. I did not address any of you this morning.

Please keep to the facts.

AKK
I did; no one attacked you, personally or otherwise. Indeed your first post about bullying and the like was a response to someone with a similar mindset in the value Disney offers. All that came after was your desire to lab those that disagreed with you....

Tonka's Skipper

I did; no one attacked you, personally or otherwise. Indeed your first post about bullying and the like was a response to someone with a similar mindset in the value Disney offers. All that came after was your desire to lab those that disagreed with you....

Please go back the read the posts, each one was a response made to me, the *tenor* ones usually involved a attack on me or some information I read as being in error and I pointed out my reason I though so.

Usually as that point the poster got mad because I stood my position and the *tenor* group started again.

I am sorry you won't agree to my facts, but again your entitled to.

AKK

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Please go back the read the posts, each one was a response made to me, the *tenor* ones usually involved a attack on me or some information I read as being in error and I pointed out my reason I though so.

Usually as that point the poster got mad because I stood my position and the *tenor* group started again.

AKK
Again, no one attacked you. But I suppose the belief you were makes it easier to do it to others. But like I said before, good to know your standards....

Figments Friend

-

Remember Kids - Just say NO to drama!

:)

So...the topic- Prices at WDW.

Maybe i am showing my age here, but i remember when a 'WorldPassport' to MK and EC was only $35 for THREE DAYS, with Park Hopper....and good forever.
I still have two with one day left on each.
Cannot bring myself to use em' up though.

There is something nice about still having 'admission' to that time period...especially EPCOT Center at that time ( 1983 ).

I would say that the recent price increases are not all that ridiculous when many factors are taken into account, but what really irks me is the benefits said tickets USED to entail...mainly, non-expiration.
It absolutely blows that you have to use up all your 'days' within a 14 day time slot....or pay a outrageous 'premium' price to make your ticket 'non-expiring'.
That i would say irritates me more. The sly chipping away of benefits that once counted.
Now, you have to pay for them as 'add ons'.

Did i mention how much i love Disneyland now....?
:cool:

Cesar R M

Yes the discussion came up when the *tenor* group started ganging up and making rude posts. As munch as I stayed polite, the more your *tenor* (btw the way.....your word not mine) came at me. Then when I continued to proce my points , the madder and ruder the posts came. Pleas go back and read your own, like the ones *saying if a poster doesn't like the *tenor* of the thread they have options,+ don't come here with a opposite view if you don't w\ant to ganged up on.

Then when you found a site that looked like it was the one the original poster may have been talking and I pointed that you maybe right, about your rudely fired back *but I didn't ask you!*. There were others.

Again my opinion, your free to have yours as well.

AKK

Tonka;the problem is, the whole issue started in other threads in the forum, not just here. (hence why you might feel the "mob" too much)

Interestingly, most of the problems were by The usual suspect (I have not been long in this forum but its seems to be always this person and his extremely pro-disney views causes most of the posters to rile up lol).
Sometimes it feels like talking to a wall.

In your case you seem to be more leveled than most pro disney.
the DVC guy also has a very strong PRO disney, and he seems to disregard most points (no surprised as he as way higher peers/privileges than your everyday disney fan, so he cant see certain things normal fans do see)

People get frustrated.

As an example... Imagine religion conversation:
- "We have this 53353630 pages of proof that Certain thing happened, we have evidence!"
The fanatic will come with :
- "I disagree, this never happens because our 3454364330 year old book with no proof said it"
"also, its magic, I aint gotta explain sh***"

The problem start when a fanatic starts to disregard everyone else's opinion in a thread, and calling them irrelevant, badly decisions, invalid, or even outright insulting other forum individuals.

and this has happened, What you see a "mob of tenor angry fans". Is actually frustrated guys who have had their opinions called useless by a few or even a single entity(worse when the same happens across multiple forum threads).
Then the more you confront the "fanatic", the more it locks itself ... and the more it disregards the opinions on the others.

So, This is my simplistic way to explain the "mob" what you see. (note that I havent been that long in the forum, only joined after my first trip ever at WDW which I enjoyed a lot, sadly.. I also seen a few bad apples but not many)

So to continue on....From the FP+ to My Magic+ debacle, to the constant cuts of entertainment... there as been comments about this, But Again... problems start to arise when the usual "suspects" go full defence mode on their precious and do a similar exchange of words (which end very similar to the religion example)

to resume.. The conversation as been long and carried across multiple forum threads, the denominator as always been the same.. someone complains something bad happens, the usual suspects counters, proof is posted, disregarded.. mob is piled as evidence is ignored... people is annoyed.. sometimes even mods need to be called... thread gets forgotten or changed subjects...
Repeat ad nauseam in different threads related to prices/complains/value/bad service.

and to resume it even more..PEOPLE DISREGARD OPINIONS backed in proof, PEOPLE GET FRUSTRATED AND ANGRY.
It's the equivalent of an obnoxious 6 year old taking a fake swipe at another kid in the school yard saying "I didn't hit you".

Then bawling uncontrollably wondering why they just got coldcocked to the ground.
heee.. let's not sink the conversation even lower D:

AKK

I think you're taking this way too personal man.. calm down.

jlsHouston

You probably can, just order them from the UK Disney store. Pretty sure they come as e-tickets so you can collect them in the parks.

Even easier if you know someone in the UK.

To be honest, we get the worse end of the deal if you only want a couple of days tickets as opposed to 7/14/21 days unlimited. Many trips have I just wanted a 3 day ticket and end up buying it in the US.

No I clicked on the link and sent them an email. They replied this morning and said only if I was in the UK or Ireland. They can't sell these to anyone in the states

jlsHouston

indiana-jones-popcorn-reaction-gif_zps0d0f49bc.gif

What you guys started... I was laughing out loud by the time I got through them and everyone in the house was like what is so funny !!

rob0519

I understand what Disney was in the past and how Disney is marketed today. Today, they market the BMW and I would gladly pay for the BMW luxury experience. What I get however, is dirty glass, worn our carpeting, burned out light bulbs, excessively overcrowded parks, restaurants with no available seating, overpriced and ever lowering quality food, broken rides, failing and dirty monorails, overworked and underappreciated employees that in turn treat the customers like crap. I could go on, but why? Again, I'm ok with paying for the luxury experience. Unfortunately, Disney , in Orlando, has done a bait and switch and is giving me the entry level experience in it's place.

Goofyernmost

I understand what Disney was in the past and how Disney is marketed today. Today, they market the BMW and I would gladly pay for the BMW luxury experience. What I get however, is dirty glass, worn our carpeting, burned out light bulbs, excessively overcrowded parks, restaurants with no available seating, overpriced and ever lowering quality food, broken rides, failing and dirty monorails, overworked and underappreciated employees that in turn treat the customers like crap. I could go on, but why? Again, I'm ok with paying for the luxury experience. Unfortunately, Disney , in Orlando, has done a bait and switch and is giving me the entry level experience in it's place.
There is so much of this that is just plain over-dramatization. Why is it even though, after being a regular visitor for 31 years, I look, I don't see dirty glass, worn carpets, unreasonable burnt out bulbs, overcrowded parks that shouldn't be expected from a place as popular as Disney, I will agree to overpriced food, have yet to experience a broken ride or failing and dirty monorails. As for the staff, in just one day a week or so ago. I arrived at the toll booth for MK parking and the young lady, just leaned out and said. Parking is on me today, have a magical day. I bought lunch and someone ahead of me had a bad Credit card that she had to give back to them and it took them forever to find a working one. I stepped up and within seconds had given my order and paid for it. I then smiled and said, I should get a medal for being so quick. She looked at me and said, just a minute, she walked back to the counter got two cookies and brought them back to me, saying thank you. That didn't seem like being treated like crap to me. And that was just one day. I went to the FP+ kiosk and told them that I didn't really know how this worked. They helped me with it with a smile on their face and I thanked them and went on my way. Everything worked just fine. Terrible experience! Not!

BuddyThomas

LOL. The restaurants are "overpriced with ever lowering food quality", and dammit, there's "no available seating".

Why cam't I get into these restaurants with the overpriced, terrible food?????

Gotta love it.

BuddyThomas

I understand your point but simply wish to note that WDW's table service restaurants have plenty of availability nearly every day. Yes, a few restaurants are tough to book but most are easy.

When we were looking for Thanksgiving 2013, we found tables at (for example) Cinderalla's Royal Table and Le Cellier. (Liberty Tree Tavern was not available on Thanksgiving Day though.;) But it was available the day before or after Thanksgiving.)

We booked them but, of course, ended up cancelling exactly because of price. :p

Taking a quick look at availability tomorrow or Easter week (just using these as examples), there's plenty of availability at most WDW restaurants. Again, only a few restaurants are tough to book.
That's all awesome info, but I was just making a gentle jab at the poster's statement that the food sucks, is too expensive, and wouldn't ya know, he's anmoyed that he can't get in to the restaurants to experience this overpriced crappy food. It's funny. At least it is to me. It's like that line in some old Woody Allen movie. Something like: "The food here is awful and they give you such small portions."

Last edited:

ParentsOf4

Original Poster
That's all awesome info, but I was just making a gentle jab at the poster's statement that the food sucks, is too expensive, and wouldn't ya know, he,s anmoyed that he can't get in to the restaurants to experience this overpriced crappy food. It's funny. At least it is to me. It's like that line in some old Woody Alken movie. Something like: "The food here is awful and they give you such small portions."

A Yogiism is more appropriate (and yes, he was talking about a restaurant):

"Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

:D

Cesar R M

There is so much of this that is just plain over-dramatization. Why is it even though, after being a regular visitor for 31 years, I look, I don't see dirty glass, worn carpets, unreasonable burnt out bulbs, overcrowded parks that shouldn't be expected from a place as popular as Disney, I will agree to overpriced food, have yet to experience a broken ride or failing and dirty monorails. As for the staff, in just one day a week or so ago. I arrived at the toll booth for MK parking and the young lady, just leaned out and said. Parking is on me today, have a magical day. I bought lunch and someone ahead of me had a bad Credit card that she had to give back to them and it took them forever to find a working one. I stepped up and within seconds had given my order and paid for it. I then smiled and said, I should get a medal for being so quick. She looked at me and said, just a minute, she walked back to the counter got two cookies and brought them back to me, saying thank you. That didn't seem like being treated like crap to me. And that was just one day. I went to the FP+ kiosk and told them that I didn't really know how this worked. They helped me with it with a smile on their face and I thanked them and went on my way. Everything worked just fine. Terrible experience! Not!
your experience doesn't count if you were waving your wallet everytime you asked for help ;) jk lol

Ew5WB6B.jpg

LOL. The restaurants are "overpriced with ever lowering food quality", and dammit, there's "no available seating".

Why cam't I get into these restaurants with the overpriced, terrible food?????

Gotta love it.

what else should you go? they are on site, and some people actually paid for the dinning plans you know.

reminds me, when I went back in october.. all the main restaurants were filled to the teeth. (magic kingdom and animal kingdom) but the ones at EPCOT were all available.
Thankfully we always found spot in another on property restaurant.

Yert3

Sorry if this has been discussed already, didn't bother to read through the whole thread. But in 1971, when WDW first opened, a one day ticket was $18. A one day ticket to MK now is $95.00. According to West Egg inflation calculator, $18 in 1971 equals $100.65 in 2012 (as modern as it will go). So I think it's fair to say the price has kept up with inflation.

draybook

Sorry if this has been discussed already, didn't bother to read through the whole thread. But in 1971, when WDW first opened, a one day ticket was $18. A one day ticket to MK now is $95.00. According to West Egg inflation calculator, $18 in 1971 equals $100.65 in 2012 (as modern as it will go). So I think it's fair to say the price has kept up with inflation.

http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm

$18 in 1971 money would be $103 in 2013(most recent option). While it has kept up with itself, that still doesn't mean that the prices aren't high.

lazyboy97o

Where are you getting $18 from? That is a significant discrepancy from the research combined by @ParentsOf4, which includes a graph that compares prices to inflation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom