Trip Report Our wonderful Christmas vacation thanks to the Pepto!

It's December 13th and were up and ready to go.... Except for my sweet daughter Cady.

DSCN0018.JPG

She has decided that she actually wants to go to her second period class before we leave for Disney!!! :eek:

Why would I let me 14 year old call the shots? Well she has this crazy passion for music, I mean crazy and on this day they were doing something special in her music class so yes I pushed back our trip by 3 hours. Much to the dismay of my other children.

At 10 in the morning we have finally hit the road and are on our way. After driving for 14 hours we decide to stop in Tifton, Ga for the night. We stayed at Microtel. Why am I telling you this? Because you should never...NEVER stay there. The lobby looked nice the man at the counter was very nice but the rooms were disgusting and the beds were the worst I've slept on. I suppose thats what you get when you pay $51.00 for a hotel room :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

HouCuseChickie

Just thought of a new drinking game! Love it or List it ! I watch it all the time while Cade is at school. Can you imagine how drunk you would get if you just took shots whenever the people said "Will they Love it? Or List It?"

Great minds think alike! :) We've actually played a similar game with the show. Instead, we base it on which of the predictable snafus and complaints might surface in the episode.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Day 7 and our last day at Disney. :grumpy: Instead of leaving at checkout as we have always done in the past our plan was to spent one whole last day at Epcot and leave after our dinner reservation.

We pack up all our items and load up the van. Emily has decided she wants to get a gift for someone and the only place she has seen it is at DTD. So we split up. Emily and I head to the food court and get some breakfast then hop on a boat to DTD. Only the boat never comes...maybe it's to early...maybe i'm to impatient but we decide to take a bus. This seems to take forever too. We get to DTD buy the bracelet then hop on a boat back to the resort. While this is happening Joe, Cady and Zane are loading the van and taking their time eating breakfast at the food court. Zane then had some free tokens we got with our package that only lasted about 2 games :rolleyes: so Joe was getting restless. Emily and I on the other hand were enjoying a nice boat ride. :D

DSCN0281.JPG

When we got back to POR we said a tearful good bye and hopped in our van to Epcot. The last time we were at Epcot was not very pleasant but this day was beautiful.

First we head over to Innovations West to try out Sum of all Thrills. It's a surprisingly long wait but it's something we've never done before so Joe and the kids wait it out. I was wanting to do it but because this is our last day it gives me the perfect opportunity to go walk around future world listen to music and just seeing the sights. :) I loved my time to myself.

IMG_0400.JPG

The kids jumped on Mission Space while Joe and I did more walking around enjoying the area by MS. Everyone was starting to get hungry again so we headed over to Sunshine Seasons and grabbed a bite to eat. This was my desert!!

IMG_0403.JPG

Then it was time for our first FP+ Soarin!! I know some say that it's grainy and the film is getting bad but I don't notice any of that. It was awesome as usual. We did ask for 1st row. The CM looked a bit unhappy but honored our request. He could have smiled then thought his unhappy thoughts in his head but whatever I'm not going to let that spoil my Soarin ride!! By the time we boarded he was all smiles again.

It was time to travel the world. They had some great Christmas singers on stage before you entered Worldshow Case. ~sigh~ but no pictures.

IMG_0319.JPG

Oh i forgot!! We are childless!!! The kids are staying in Future World to use the other FP while Joe and I are touring the World!! We head to France first and look at all the architecture, this is something we've never really did before :eek:. then head back to Japan:cool: to watch people pick pearls. This was very neat to see. Next we look around Italy.
IMG_0407.JPG

and then Germany.

IMG_0408.JPG

In Germany Joe finally finds the souvenir that he wants!! A beer stein that he has the year engraved on the back. Everyone in the family gets handfuls of souvenirs but Joe only usually wants one and knows what it is the minute he see's it.

The kids text when were on our way to China and want to meet up. so we back track just a little till they see us.

Attachments

• IMG_0409.JPG
    IMG_0409.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0410.JPG
    IMG_0410.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0414.JPG
    IMG_0414.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0415.JPG
    IMG_0415.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Ok! We have met up with the kids and keep heading around the world! We pass China..we'll get back to China, and head to Norway. The kids are all about the rides so we hop on Malstrum

IMG_0409.JPG

Now I've heard about a viking in Mickey Ears so we all searched for him. I saw him first!!

IMG_0410.JPG

I feel a little guilty because we just walked through the Norway movie. My idea is do a behind the scenes of Frozen and throw bits of Norway history in the video. I would watch that. :)

We split up again. Joe and the girls head back the way we came while Zane and I go back to China.

IMG_0414.JPG

I love the inside of the China Pavillion

IMG_0415.JPG

We head back into Norway and take a peek in the church. I like the Frozen elements that they added in the church. We check out Mexico

IMG_0418.JPG

The it's time for a frozen lemonade for Zane and some dancing and spinning for me. Yep...if you were there I was the one spinning with my arms wide while walking back towards Future World. I didn't care who saw me. This is what Disney does to me!!:happy:

IMG_0424.JPG

Zane and I head to Club Cool. I learned about Club Cool on here and wanted to have someone try beverly. Well I was disappointed. This is the face I got.

IMG_0425.JPG

He didn't think it was that bad. o_O

It was getting close to our dinner reservation so we went to the fountain to meet up with everyone. Emily was in Mouse Gears and Cady and Joe were heading in from World Show Case so what are Zane and I to do?? Our last ride of our 2013 Disney Trip. Space Ship Earth. I can't remember if I mentioned this at the beginning of the report but I fell in love with this ride. I never thought much of it before but this time everything looked great. Here's Zane and I. He made a great face!

IMG_0440.JPG

On to our last dinner. Emily picked Coral Reef. She loved the lobster pasta last time we were there. While waiting Zane made a new friend

IMG_0442.JPG

After we got seated it took awhile to get our order and drinks. Our waiter was quite flustered. We got our food (which was delicious) then the waiter scanned my magic band, usually it's done at the beginning. He came back and said there was something wrong with our bands and tried to scan them again. This is when I start to panic. He says there's no more points on our bands for sit down dinners. The manager comes out and checks our bands. I let her know that we had 7 day tickets and this was our 7th dinner so the band should be working. She goes into the back and the waiter is bringing our deserts. When she comes back she says that we only had 6 sit down dinners with our free dining plan :facepalm:. OMG. I'm tallying up everyone's dinner in my head. Crap! I look at her and all i could say is "if I would have known I wouldn't have ordered desert." :hilarious:. She apologizes and says that her waiter should have scanned our bands at the beginning of the meal. WELL THAT WOULD HAVE HELPED!!. Anyway i tell her I thought it went by days you had tickets for not nights you stayed. She didn't charge us for the deserts which was very nice so $162.00 poorer we leave Coral Reef but not before the waiter apologizes for the confusion and thanks us for being understanding saying that because we were he wouldnt be losing his job.

We slowly walk to the exit.. the kids because their exhausted, me because I'm leaving Disney and Joe because he just paid $162.00 for dinner. :)

IMG_0445.JPG

My last picture as were leaving. :bawling:

sam_disney

Just caught up- love your report! My last pic of the holiday, is very similar to yours! I usually make a crying voice and wave goodbye! I always then usually have a cry on the way back to the bus x

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I just looked at my receipts just to make sure and they tell me how many "entitlements" I've just used but not how many I have left like they have previous years. :grumpy:

Now that is sucidoodles. How are we suppose to keep tally of all that. That was sure a painful way to find out you're out of entitlements.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Just caught up- love your report! My last pic of the holiday, is very similar to yours! I usually make a crying voice and wave goodbye! I always then usually have a cry on the way back to the bus x
It's hard to remain happy knowing it's your last day Disney. Especially when you know it will be years before you make it back. :(

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Just my thoughts on Our Wonderful Disney Vacation!

We started planning our trip about a year before we went. It was shortly before that that I found this web site. At first I couldn't get enough of this site and was reading everything thread I could. The more I read the more worried I became after we had booked. There was almost as much "doom and gloom" as there was praise for Disney. But I worried for nothing. I was in awe of everything there.

The Good...
The decorations were awesome, the CM's were great, the weather was great (there were 2 chilly nights but nothing to fret over), we enjoyed POR very much and will definitely go back (I will be requesting a closer room next time though), all our waiters and waitress were stupendous, rides were in excellent condition..even the spitting turtles on Splash were on, Yeti looked great (we were moving so fast I wouldn't have noticed he was broke if I didn't learn it here).

We have a new love for Animal Kingdom. There's so much more to look at then we gave credit for in past trips.

The Bad...
Obviously getting sick was a disappointment. The most disappointing thing on our trip was my girls. Yep my own kids. They fought, were moody, whined. I could go on. When Emily is constantly dissecting everything Cady says just to make an argument out of nothing it starts to wear on your nerves. Then I have Cady making it so obvious that she's not sitting next to Emily on any ride at any show or just walking down Main Street. Zane, you all should know, was a good boy! All he wanted to do was swim. I vowed to my kids that my next trip is going to be kid-less!!

Another disappointment was the fiasco at Coral Reef but that was by no means Disney error. I didn't do my research on the free dining plan.

All above issues we had were brought on by ourselves. Now for Disney issues.

Our first ride was BTMMR. When I went to sit in the train there was goo in the corner of the seat. Yes goo in the corner of the seat. Not a small amount but a very large glob..inches wide and inches tall. It had to take awhile for it to get that big. The ride should get cleaned.

And my only other issues is...

I wonder if the two ply paper is really two ply paper at POR. :cautious: Let's just say it's very thin two ply.

Thanks everyone for reading my report and letting me relive my trip!! :joyfull:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Our first ride was BTMMR. When I went to sit in the train there was goo in the corner of the seat. Yes goo in the corner of the seat. Not a small amount but a very large glob..inches wide and inches tall. It had to take awhile for it to get that big. The ride should get cleaned.

And my only other issues is...

I wonder if the two ply paper is really two ply paper at POR. :cautious: Let's just say it's very thin two ply.
! :joyfull:

Dirty attractions were not part of WDW vacations when my kids were kids.

We did a half POR half Contemporary vacation in that order. 2 ply at POR very different than Contemporary.
2 ply is a staple on many fans packing lists.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
~*IT'S A DISNEY MIRACLE!!!*~ ~*MY DREAMS ARE COMING TRUE!!!!*~

Joe and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary this fall and we are taking a trip to the Anna Maria Island area without kids!! I have managed to talk him into flying into Orlando and spending 1 day at MK before heading west in our wonderfully quiet kid free compact rental car!!!

YES!!

I WILL GET TO SEE THE NEW PARADE!!! I WILL GET TO RIDE THE SEVEN DWARFS MINE RIDE!! I WILL GET TO FINALLY RIDE THE RIVERBOAT, GO TO TOM SAWYER ISLAND, SEE THE HALL OF PRESIDENTS AND ACTUALLY WALK AROUND WITHOUT KIDS FIGHTING! WITHOUT KIDS WHINING ABOUT HOW THEIR RIDE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE NEXT!!

OH HAPPY DAY!!!!

:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::hilarious:

i'm finished.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
you're finished, but on the other hand the pre-feelings has started :) LOL! Join the club ;)
I know this is great!! Usually I have the Disney blues for awhile but knowing that I'm going just for one day this September has me singing and dancing around the house again. I even giggle to myself and say I'm going to Disney whenever I think about it!! :D

epcotisbest

I know this is great!! Usually I have the Disney blues for awhile but knowing that I'm going just for one day this September has me singing and dancing around the house again. I even giggle to myself and say I'm going to Disney whenever I think about it!! :D
September is a great time to go. Low crowds and it happens to be our anniversary month as well. Keep on singing and dancing around the house. Sept. will be here soon enough. Now if we can just get rid of the cold. Here in Georgia, it is just too cold for the south. Not used to this and it is supposed to snow tomorrow, but below Atlanta when we usually get the snow up here in the mountains north of Atlanta. Weird winter.

FlaggNL

Lol we have the same here, although we have to wait a month longer ;) October will be the month for us! First timer for my wife and daugther and for me 24 years ago ;) and for my daugther her first flight ever ;) and what kind of flight!! Normally we drive 4 hrs to DLP and now we have a 9 hr flight ;) AND the Halloween theme ;) so the ore-feelings are getting bigger by the day although it's a +250 day before D-Day for us ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom