Trip Report Our Tours - The Adventures Continue!

Greetings everyone! I haven't made one of these in a long time, but given the exciting circumstances I thought it would be fun to share and chronicle along the way. :)

About two years ago, @MonorailRed and myself became good friends on an Imagineer forum competition, working on the same team and designing a variety of projects. Red is a very talented artist and I tend to sway towards writing roles, so the styles and teamwork fit perfectly.

Chatting for about a year or so after that, we discovered that we'd be in Walt Disney World at the same time! So we planned a meet up last August, and were able to travel around to all 4 parks and both water parks, meeting each others families, etc.
14021509_1431313743550787_1813478388759016976_n.jpg

It was a great trip with an even greater person! And throughout this past year, our friendship and bond/connection has grown even stronger, despite finishing up schooling in the interim about 900 miles away. Fortunately, I saved up enough and I was able to travel down to Florida to visit Red for a 4-day trip at Port Orleans French Quarter just a few weeks ago, and it was even better than the Disney trip last year. We officially started dating!
19990069_1831235776891913_4151890408807585433_n.jpg

(Who knew that wdwmagic.com would turn into wdwmatch.com? :joyfull:)

I'm pleased to say that I'm very lucky to travel back to Disney in just another two weeks, with a stay from August 14th till the 21st with the family!

One of the goals we set out when traveling around the parks and resorts is going to attractions/locations that sometimes go overlooked when rushing around to hit all the top attractions. For instance the train room at the Boulder Ridge Villas at the Wilderness Lodge, or the small dole whip station at the Polynesian, or the Peoplemover/Carousel of Progress (two of our favorites). If anyone has any suggestions of 'off the beaten path' places around WDW that you enjoy, it'd be great to hear about them and maybe we can try them on the upcoming trip!

We also like searching for hidden mickeys throughout property, so if anyone has a particular hidden mickey they like, I'd be glad to hear it (I'm sure Red will as well, but she doesn't know I'm making this thread yet - so she will be surprised:p)

That's about it for now - excited for August and thanks for reading! The Adventures Continue Aug 14th!

MonorailRed

Applebees
(I'm sure Red will as well, but she doesn't know I'm making this thread yet - so she will be surprised:p)

That's about it for now - excited for August and thanks for reading! The Adventures Continue Aug 14th!

Amazing Surprise! :eek:

The previous trip was great! :D An awesome "Off the beaten path" place from last time was definitely Wilderness Lodge's DVC Train Room and the Grand's DVC lobby.... Both had really relaxing vibes with interesting paintings and architecture.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Amazing Surprise! :eek:

The previous trip was great! :D An awesome "Off the beaten path" place from last time was definitely Wilderness Lodge's DVC Train Room and the Grand's DVC lobby.... Both had really relaxing vibes with interesting paintings and architecture.
:)

Wanted to share something from the last trip a few weeks ago with everyone -- we've both had a goal of doing 4 parks in one day for the longest time -- and on the last trip we were finally able to accomplish it!

1st Stop - Animal Kingdom
4797849533917343601%253Faccount_id%253D9

2nd Stop - Magic Kingdom
536942522922944068%253Faccount_id%253D9

3rd Stop - Epcot
3421164973369806142%253Faccount_id%253D9

4th Stop - Hollywood Studios

6341551674610638310%253Faccount_id%253D9

In order to make it official we also went on at least one attraction in each of the parks

Animal Kingdom - Navi River Journey
Magic Kingdom - WDW Railroad, Peoplemover
Epcot - Seas with Nemo, Living with the Land
Hollywood Studios - The Great Movie Ride (which I didn't realize would be the final time on it before it closes:cry:

Hope you enjoy!

In anticipation for the upcoming trip - I will post some additional pictures from the last trip with some 'off the beaten path' sights we explored!:)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
We decided to look around Wilderness Lodge after the new makeover. The new cabins, look alright with their paint. They look very contemporary Yellowstone area to me personally on the exterior.

f0d98aaf-99e0-47de-9ea1-70ee7837c0c1

The real hidden gem is Geyser Point Grill, which has an amazing view of Bay Lake and the boat dock!
To give some context to the Geyser Point picture, last summer we were in one of the imagineering comps on the imagineer forum and had the task of designing a new bar for WDW.

We both thought the Wilderness Lodge could use one, so we made a connection with Big Thunder Mining Co and Big Thunder's backstory., tied it in with the restaurant, made a whole menu, etc and called it Timber Peak.

Then a few months later it's announced that Wilderness Lodge is getting a new bar and grill called Geyser Point!:eek: designed with a similar style to what we designed. So we had to go visit it and get a picture!

Maybe now we should just redesign Horizons and WDI will bring it back? One can dream haha

Unfortunately with the old projects, Photobucket took down all the 3rd party images, so the cool parts of the project are mostly lost:( However I did save one image that @MonorailRed drew - inspired by the train room in the WL villas!:)
13925775_1431197780229050_1939481823119102088_o.jpg

susan lees

Greetings everyone! I haven't made one of these in a long time, but given the exciting circumstances I thought it would be fun to share and chronicle along the way. :)

About two years ago, @MonorailRed and myself became good friends on an Imagineer forum competition, working on the same team and designing a variety of projects. Red is a very talented artist and I tend to sway towards writing roles, so the styles and teamwork fit perfectly.

Chatting for about a year or so after that, we discovered that we'd be in Walt Disney World at the same time! So we planned a meet up last August, and were able to travel around to all 4 parks and both water parks, meeting each others families, etc.

It was a great trip with an even greater person! And throughout this past year, our friendship and bond/connection has grown even stronger, despite finishing up schooling in the interim about 900 miles away. Fortunately, I saved up enough and I was able to travel down to Florida to visit Red for a 4-day trip at Port Orleans French Quarter just a few weeks ago, and it was even better than the Disney trip last year. We officially started dating!

I'm pleased to say that I'm very lucky to travel back to Disney in just another two weeks, with a stay from August 14th till the 21st with the family!

One of the goals we set out when traveling around the parks and resorts is going to attractions/locations that sometimes go overlooked when rushing around to hit all the top attractions. For instance the train room at the Boulder Ridge Villas at the Wilderness Lodge, or the small dole whip station at the Polynesian, or the Peoplemover/Carousel of Progress (two of our favorites). If anyone has any suggestions of 'off the beaten path' places around WDW that you enjoy, it'd be great to hear about them and maybe we can try them on the upcoming trip!

We also like searching for hidden mickeys throughout property, so if anyone has a particular hidden mickey they like, I'd be glad to hear it (I'm sure Red will as well, but she doesn't know I'm making this thread yet - so she will be surprised:p)

Congratulations and following along:)

fractal

What a great story! Looking forward to your adventures.

A nice nook/area I spent some time at this past trip was the MK Train Station platform. Wasn't crowded, offered great views and cool shade.

Have Fun!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
What a great story! Looking forward to your adventures.

A nice nook/area I spent some time at this past trip was the MK Train Station platform. Wasn't crowded, offered great views and cool shade.

Have Fun!
Thank you! We'll try to check out the platform! You're right that is a nice spot for views and it tends to be less crowded on non-parade/fireworks times!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom