Trip Report * Completed* Our quick and rainy weekend trip!

Hi everyone! My Mom and I safely made it home Monday night from our trip so I wanted to get started on our TR!

Who?:
My Mom and I (Mary and Megan, the M and M’s as @Longers likes to call us :))
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7791708155.jpeg

Where?:
The Boardwalk Inn :rolleyes:
DSCF2024.JPG

When?:
September 3 – September 5, 2016

Why?:

Flights were on sale, huge AP discount at the hotels and well, why not?

Day 1: September 3, 2016
My Mom and I both got up around 5:15 am and got ready to leave. My Dad was kind enough to get up too and drive us to the airport!
IMG_0912.JPG

IMG_0913.JPG
If anyone remembers my last TR, you will remember the insane lines we encountered at Southwest and TSA in May. Luckily, I did not have the sinking feeling this time and my intuition was right. It was so dead at the Southwest counter that the worker checked us in himself instead of the computer (after my Mom and I spent the whole drive there memorizing the confirmation number to type in haha). My Mom got TSA pre-check and I did not. She was going to wait with me, but I had my laptop with me (more on that later) so we swapped bags and she took mine so we didn’t have to take the computer out. When I was in the regular line I ran into some friends to chat with! I also could see my Mom digging through my bag to find the bug spray I put in there to take it out (no one wants to get Zika!). She couldn’t find it, but you don’t need to take it out for pre-check anyway!

Anyway, my line wasn’t too long but it halted a bit when I got to the point where they check your ticket and ID. The people in front of me had either no ticket or the wrong passport, so there was some confusion. There was also a man behind me freaking out because he forgot he had a swiss army knife in his pocket and did not know what to do with it (they took it peacefully from him to be destroyed). Well, after all these delays I thought I was good. Unfortunately, no. When I get through the scanner thing something pops up in my stomach that looks like metal. Although this is weird, its actually not the first time this has happened to me for whatever reason. The TSA lady was super apologetic, but was like I need to search around your skirt. Only, I was wearing a skort and she didn’t know what to do hahahahaha. :p:D:joyfull: She wanted to move me to a more private area, but I really didn’t care as the whole thing was discreet. The best part was my Mom was sitting like 10 feet from me watching the entire thing trying not to laugh! Anyway they swiped my hands (for residue?) and deemed I was safe so let me through. The whole thing was very bizarre.

We were through security by like 6:30 and had a lot of time to kill so headed to grab some bagels and water.
In case you forgot what a bagel looks like
IMG_0920.JPG

After that we headed to the gate and waited a bit (like an hour, because we were so early haha)
IMG_2269.jpg

We got some good people watching in as we watched this lady (white sweater) move her wheelchair around so much that she started blocking in all those people sitting there :joyfull:
IMG_0924.JPG

We also heard some little boys come by us and said “This isn't our gate! We are going to Florida and this gate says Orlando!” It was so cute. Their Mom was shaking her head, “Orlando IS in Florida haha.”
Finally it was time to board! My Mom always sits by the window and I sit in the middle. It doesn't bother me to sit in the middle because I am so short :) Some guy came and sat next to me and he smelled so bad :hungover:. Luckily I must have gotten used to it because I forgot about it by the end !
Petey and Drake were ready for the trip!
IMG_2272.jpg

My Mom fell asleep in the beginning of the flight, so I entertained myself by putting my Magic Band on
IMG_2273.jpg

Eventually my Mom woke up and she started using my iPad to watch TV. It wasn't working well, so I gave her my macbook to use and she tried to move things around on it like it was a touch screen :hilarious::jawdrop:
All in all the wifi wasn't working that well so we ended up just watching The Little Mermaid and it finished right as I had to put my laptop away :)

Next up: MCO and the Boardwalk!

LeighM

It always cracks me up when I see people wearing heels or work boots in the parks! Don't your feet hurt?! I thought I was crazy because I wear flip flops and sandals everywhere, but heels are just insanity!

Last year during the Halloween party, I saw a female that was not dressed appropriately for the park. I mean it was a cute Disneybounding Ariel and all but the shorts were up to her butt and the top was cropped and low cut - not the best for a family park. But what first got my attention was this girl was wearing 4 inch stilettos!!!! It was just crazy. She probably thought she was getting stares because she was looking cute but really I think most were just in shock over the shoes LOL.

LisaBelle

Late to the party, but loving your TR as usual. Love the photos of the Boardwalk. It's so pretty. It is my sister's dream resort. We've never stayed at an Epcot resort. I think it would be fun to walk to Epcot.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
It always cracks me up when I see people wearing heels or work boots in the parks! Don't your feet hurt?! I thought I was crazy because I wear flip flops and sandals everywhere, but heels are just insanity!

I know! We wear flip flops too and people always ask us if our feet hurt (which they don't). I can't imagine wearing heels unless I was going to dinner and only dinner not walking around the parks!

Last year during the Halloween party, I saw a female that was not dressed appropriately for the park. I mean it was a cute Disneybounding Ariel and all but the shorts were up to her butt and the top was cropped and low cut - not the best for a family park. But what first got my attention was this girl was wearing 4 inch stilettos!!!! It was just crazy. She probably thought she was getting stares because she was looking cute but really I think most were just in shock over the shoes LOL.

OMG! Thats crazy! hahaha Ariel didn't wear stilettos o_O;):p

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
We walked back to the hotel (so nice to be able to walk back!!!) and decided to look around and take a break at the pool.
IMG_1035.JPG

I'm surprised this pool doesn't have the gate thing that requires you to tap your Magic Band to get into the pool!
DSCF2026.JPG

DSCF2029.JPG

My Mom and I immediately headed towards the slide
DSCF2031.JPG
DSCF2032.JPG

We tried to take pictures of each other coming down and these were the results....
DSCF2037.JPG

DSCF2038.JPG

We tried....haha
DSCF2039.JPG

We had an absolute blast at the pool! We loved the slide so much! I think we went down it 4 or 5 times :)
After we swam we got dressed and ready to head back to Epcot for dinner!
IMG_1036.JPG

This little carousel is so cute!
IMG_1037.JPG

Next up: nighttime at Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
When we headed over to Epcot we walked around a bit and snapped some of our own pictures because we couldn't find a Photopass CM
IMG_1040.JPG

IMG_1042.jpg

We did finally find someone in France!
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7792161349(1).jpeg

We decided to check out Impressions de France because we had never seen it before. I was a little worried that my Mom would get dizzy because of the screens but if she looked down during some parts she was fine. I love the music from this film (its on the Disney parks CD) so it was nice to finally see the movie. It is obviously old, but pretty good!
We decided to walk towards Mexico at this point to see if we could hop on The Three Caballeros
The line was too long, but at least we got my usual Mexico picture!
IMG_3130.jpg

We briefly looked at the small German village on the way back around World Showcase
IMG_1045.JPG

Our final destination was Via Napoli for dinner! When I checked in the CM working at the desk asked if I would be offended if they called me by my first name instead of my last. I said that was fine and laughed. He said "us ignorant Italians won't learn how to pronounce hard last names." It was pretty funny that he was so apologetic. I don't care at all :)
We were seated at a nice table for two by the windows and we had a lovely guest with us...
IMG_1049.JPG

Hello Mr. Rabbit :p
For dinner we both got a sangria to drink
IMG_1051.JPG

Yum this sangria was so good!
IMG_1052.JPG
IMG_3131.jpg

Next up: finishing the night

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
Selfie attempt from the table :)
IMG_2285.JPG

For dinner we split the pepperoni pizza. We love this pizza. I say this every time but it is exactly like the pizza I ate in Italy...so fresh!
IMG_1054.JPG

It looked like a lot of the people eating dinner here were on the dining plan because they all had pasta dishes and stuff (like they each had their own meal). I'm sure those are great, but we only ever get the pizza :)
We finished our delicious meal just in time for Illuminations to start.
First we took some pictures outside of Italy
IMG_1056.JPG

IMG_1057.jpg

We were pretty tired so we sat at the American Pavilion stage to watch. A CM came over to told us we wouldn't be able to see very well where we were, but I like the music better than the show anyway so we stayed put until closer to the end of the show.
It was so nice to not have to rush to the buses with the rest of the crowds! We wandered through Epcot slowly then on our way to the Boardwalk.
IMG_1067.JPG

IMG_1068.JPG

We briefly entertained the idea of going to AK or MK because they were both open late, but we were too tired. In hindsight we probably should have gone to MK to see the MSEP :(
We sat on one of the outside porches of the Boardwalk and people watched and relaxed for a minute
IMG_1070.JPG

IMG_3132.jpg

After a wonderful first day it was time to go to bed!

Next up: what time is it? I need to make Fast Passes!

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
The Luna Park pool slide is my favorite WDW slide. :happy:

You and mom sat at the same table in Via Napoli that Em and I sat at. And we have only ever ordered pizza there too!

Haha thats so funny! The weird bunny is very distinctive. That slide was awesome!!! We may have been the only adults going down consistently, but I don't care!

I would love to do a Mother/ Daughter trip with my Mom. Sounds like a pretty productive first day!

It was pretty productive! Usually on the first days we don't push it, but because it was a short trip we decided to go for it. We love Mom and Daughter trips :) My sisters would love to join, but it doesn't usually work out for them. I'm soaking it all in while I'm in residency have have mini amounts of time :)

That pool looks awesome! I would love to stay at the Boardwalk someday. :inlove:

It was so awesome! Everything about it was cool!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Totally forgot to mention that as we were leaving Illuminations we overheard a kid saying to his Grandpa "I'm not sure I learned anything, I will have to think about it" :D:D
Day 2
Actually I should say Day 1 continued for a brief moment. The reason I brought my computer with me was because I needed to make FPs for our November trip starting at midnight this night. I woke up at 11:20 pm (from like 30 mins ago when I fell asleep) to a text from my Dad saying something about how great Jungle Book was :p. I have no idea why he texted us so late, but it was a group text so I heard my Mom's phone go off since she sleeps with the sound on. Nevertheless I was so exhausted I couldn't fathom getting up again at 11:58 so I turned off my alarm and figured I would get up at some point during the night.
Well, for once in my life it was good that I sleep in like two hour intervals before waking up. I randomly woke up at 1:30 am and made some Fast Passes :happy:. I tried to talk to my Mom about them when I realized she was awake, but she wasn't awake enough because she has no recollection haha
Anyway, I got the big ones and went back to sleep!
We woke up for good pretty early and waited for our room service. Yes, we ordered room service :rolleyes:. There really isn't any super close option for a real breakfast (that isn't a bakery) so we figured, why not? They came right in the beginning of our time slot.
My Mom got the waffles
IMG_1071.JPG

And I got the regular breakfast
IMG_1072.JPG

This was actually pretty good! Better than the one we had in Disneyland for sure !
Bahaha love the fancy trays
IMG_1073.JPG

IMG_1074.JPG

We ate sitting on our fancy couch
IMG_1076.JPG

IMG_1078.JPG

After eating we headed down towards the buses. It was here we first noticed that they have fun phrases on them like "My other ride is a magic carpet" for the MK bus and "Hakuna Matata" for the AK bus! Anyway we got down there and I asked the CM there (just to be sure) that this was the bus stop for all the buses and she looked at me like I was an idiot and said just for MK and AK because thats the only buses that come the Boardwalk. Ok, thanks. A simple yes would have sufficed haha.
Anyway, a bus came in no time and soon enough we found ourselves at the MK just a little after 8 - an hour before the park opened :joyfull: Oops!
Well, no matter. We took some pictures and waited around for the Opening Show.
This was our first time seeing Halloween stuff at the MK ever so we were excited!
IMG_1083.JPG

IMG_1084.JPG

IMG_1085.JPG

IMG_1086.JPG

Next up: continuing at the MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
More pre-opening pictures
IMG_1087.JPG

I forgot to mention my Mom got randomly selected to go through security. I had just assumed that everyone would go through like they did in Epcot, but guess not!
IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1090.JPG

IMG_1092.JPG

Despite having to wait for like an hour, we had so much going on around us to keep us entertained. Like these cute little boys that were insanely excited to get into the MK and these little girls who were walking around dressed in costumes like CMs. They were so cute! I know the woman who's kids they were posted a bunch about their outfits on one of the Facebook groups if you happened to see it!
Soonish enough it was time for the Opening Show :)
IMG_1099.JPG
IMG_1100.JPG

IMG_1103.JPG

IMG_1105.JPG

IMG_1106.JPG

Next up: more opening show/morning in the MK !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Don't know how I missed this before now! Loving it so far :D. This is getting me more and more excited about staying at The Boardwalk soon.

Was it @waltlizneyworld on Instagram? I just started following them recently. So adorable.

You will love The Boardwalk! And YES! Its them! I just looked up the IG and it is them! So cute :)

RyPat

Day 1 continued
Our room "wasn't quite ready" but ended up being ready while we were on the bus! *yes I saved the old Disney texts
View attachment 160522

April 30th and September 3rd -- you seem to get to Disney a day or two before i leave. And if you think that weekend was rainy you should have seen earlier in the week when the hurricane was overhead and the tornado warnings were out... i still don't think i'm completely dry!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
April 30th and September 3rd -- you seem to get to Disney a day or two before i leave. And if you think that weekend was rainy you should have seen earlier in the week when the hurricane was overhead and the tornado warnings were out... i still don't think i'm completely dry!

I believe it! I wasn't even sure I was going to be able to fly down because of the weather!

I don't know how I missed this!! But I'm so excited to follow along!!! I am loving all the fall decorations!! What a great weekend, I am still bitter :)

Thanks for following! I loved the fall decorations! :)

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
We were there at the same time!

That clown slide would *almost* make me not what to stay at the Boardwalk. :eek::eek::eek:

I saw a ton of Japanese tourists in their super high wedges. I don't know how they did it.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
Some more opening show pictures
IMG_3137.JPG

IMG_1107.JPG

IMG_1108.JPG

IMG_3141.JPG

Soon enough it was time to go in! My Mom and I made a semi-rookie mistake and decided to stop for a Halloween themed picture before going to any sort of ride haha
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7792607451.jpeg

Then it looked like this when we were finished haha
IMG_1111.JPG

Oh well! We made our way towards Fantasyland to hop in line for Peter Pan
IMG_1113.JPG

We spied on the Tangled restrooms from the line
IMG_1115.JPG

I just love this que! So cute! It made our 15 minute wait go by much faster!
IMG_1116.JPG

IMG_1118.JPG

Next up: New Fantasyland

(PS sorry for the short update, its taking me way too long to upload pictures to the website today so off to work I go)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom