Trip Report Our "It's 'Disney' real" June 2016 trip

We're back!!:(:( We had a fantastic time with some not so fantastic moments thrown in, but what trip doesn't have those!

For those of you that haven't read my pre-trip report, here is a quick synopsis:
Who: Me (Amy), my husband Brian, and our kids Logan (13), Lily (11), and Owen (8)
What: 10 day trip with free dining
When: June 2-11, 2016
Where: Caribbean Beach resort

Unfortunately, our flight was set to leave from Columbus at 5:30am. We live in Dayton, which is a little over an hour away from Columbus, so my goal was to leave our house by 3am on Thursday, June 2. We made it!!

Everyone was very excited!

We made it to the airport before the security check even opened!:eek: By the time we got our bags checked in to Southwest, we only had to wait a few minutes to get through security.
We were in early boarding group A, so we were on the plane in no time! Still excited!

We got to see the sun coming up once we were in the air.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
On my first trip (1996) my step sister and I fought and complained the entire time. A few days in my mom had a slight breakdown and started packing all the bags and said we were going home. It scared us, I think we got it together after that, but seeing how much goes into it as an adult, I think I'd get frustrated too!
It is frustrating! But more than anything, it just made me sad that we were in my happy place and Brian and I couldn't really be happy some of the time because of how the kids were acting! I know I wasn't an angel when I was little, so I feel for my parents!!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Next up was Fantasyland. Lily and Owen wanted to hit the teacups. Brian and Logan both refused to ride. I don't typically do spinning rides either, but I really didn't want to send them by themselves to ride, so I went with them. I told them that they better stop spinning when I told them to or they were likely to see my stuffed french toast and Mickey waffle again. They behaved!! They kept it to a nice slow spin the entire time.

These two were out, but their line had been cut off for the time being:

We briefly entered Storybook Circus before heading to The Little Mermaid.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We had some time to kill before our first FP+, so the kids took a potty break and I took some pics before heading over to it's a small world.

It was a walk on, even though the sign said 15 minutes.

I didn't even try to take any pics during the ride, so I wasn't prepared when Logan and Owen's names showed up on a screen. I got mine and Lily's. Not sure why Brian didn't show up! (I guess for the same reason his Space Mountain pic didn't show up! )

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Lily really wanted to meet Alice and Mad Hatter, so we made our way back over there.

After signing the autograph books, Alice started flipping through one of them to see who else had signed. She decided we had eaten at Crystal Palace that morning, and then came across Olaf's "signature". They had a good time making fun of it!!

Lots of fantastic interaction between the two of them! The kids weren't really sure how to act!

Last edited:

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
It was finally time for our SDMT FP+.

We all really enjoy this ride! I certainly wouldn't wait in the 2 hour lines we consistently saw while there, but it's a great use of a FP+. It makes me sad to think about what the ride was originally supposed to be, but I think it turned out well.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We went to Philharmagic next, but I had a big picture fail!! The next one I took was on our way over to Splash Mountain!:oops:

This is Brian's favorite ride! Now, I like it just fine, but I can't stand walking around wet afterwards!! I had a cheap poncho with me to wrap my backpack in so it wouldn't get wet, and I tried to cover my lap a little bit, but it didn't work. My backside still ended up soaking wet!:eek: Luckily, my top half stayed mostly dry, and my bottom half dried pretty quickly in the sun!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Then it was time for BTMR. This is one of my favorite coasters at Disney, especially when ridden at night!

I had this brilliant idea that we would hop on the train and get off at the front of the park to go take a break at the resort. Well, it was a disaster! The train must have just left, because we waited forever. Then, when it finally pulled in and started unloading, they made people get back on so they could adjust the position of the train. It must have backed up and gone forward, then backed up again three or four times before they got it right! Then we had so many people trying to fit their HUGE strollers onto the train with them and they weren't in the right place, so we had to wait while they adjusted them. Then we went through the same thing with the strollers at the Fantasyland station! I was a little (ok, a lot) irritated, so I apparently didn't take any pics along the way.:oops: We definitely could have walked faster!!
Somebody needed a nap!

We made it back to CBR and got drinks and relaxed for awhile.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks! I was so glad to finally get back to Tom Sawyer Island. I'm just happy the kids enjoyed it and want to visit it again! In fact, they asked numerous times on our other day and a half at MK to go again, we just never got the chance.

I go to WDW once a year in the spring. On my recent trip, I hopped on the raft one afternoon over toward Tom Sawyer's Island. As we were going over, a big storm was on the horizon, and I saw a lightning strike off in the distance. The CM told us we'd have to turn around and go back to the dock, due to the danger of the impending storm. :( We got off at the dock and it started pouring buckets and went on for quite a while. I finally gave up and walked over toward the Haunted Mansion, just to find an indoor attraction open, until the big storm passed.

HM was great as usual, but I was bummed out that I missed my chance for TS Island, as my vacation was coming to an end at that point.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
As we were walking to the bus stop, it started to rain a little. It rained a little harder while we were on the bus, but it had stopped by the time we got to MK and didn't rain the rest of the day.

Not sure why the kids were so escited by a rabbit since we see them in our yard all the time, but they insisted I take a pic!

The kids wanted to check out Scorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom, so we started there.

Logan seemed more interested that the other two, but none of them really got into it. I did insist that we go get new cards each day we were in MK though! They are a cute souvenir!!
We stopped for a PP pic. I didn't realize Owen was pouting until the photographer wanted just the three kids. Needless to say, I was not happy with him!

Then he started pouting even more because Lily got to do a magic shot.

It was not a great start to our evening!:banghead:

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Then we slowly headed back to our dinner ADR.

Finally made it!

And they couldn't find our reservation!:banghead: And MDE was acting up and I couldn't get it to pull up our ressie number for me!:banghead: Luckily, I had taken a screen shot and was able to show the CM. She found me on a paper list she had beside the computer :confused: and had to enter me manually into the computer. (Which she apparently did wrong because I noticed a $50 charge when I was checking my credit card statement that I had to call and get reversed!)

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
She told us they were running behind by 15-20 minutes, but we were early and were still seated before our actual ADR time, so not sure why we were told that! We did have enough time to get a PP pic taken as well as take some of my own.

We were seated in the Rose Gallery, and waited, and waited, and waited forever to be greeted and our drink orders to be taken.

Once we ordered, the food came out fairly quickly.
Bread:

Lily ordered the chicken with rice:

Logan and I both ordered the steak, but were very disappointed that they wouldn't let us substitute mac and cheese for the fries. They said they had a different kind of mac and cheese on the kids menu and the chef wouldn't substitute it any longer.

Owen ordered the kids steak:

And Brian ordered the pork chop:

Lily's chicken was good, but she didn't like the rice. Brian said his pork chop was just ok. Logan's steak was too chewy and tough. Owen's steak was way overdone. My steak was the only one cooked correctly, so we all kind of shared it and Lily's chicken.
The best part was dessert! Brian got the lemon cupcake and the rest of us had chocolate.

Overall, a very disappointing dinner! I don't think we will be back!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom