Trip Report Our "It's 'Disney' real" June 2016 trip

We're back!!:(:( We had a fantastic time with some not so fantastic moments thrown in, but what trip doesn't have those!

For those of you that haven't read my pre-trip report, here is a quick synopsis:
Who: Me (Amy), my husband Brian, and our kids Logan (13), Lily (11), and Owen (8)
What: 10 day trip with free dining
When: June 2-11, 2016
Where: Caribbean Beach resort

Unfortunately, our flight was set to leave from Columbus at 5:30am. We live in Dayton, which is a little over an hour away from Columbus, so my goal was to leave our house by 3am on Thursday, June 2. We made it!!

Everyone was very excited!

We made it to the airport before the security check even opened!:eek: By the time we got our bags checked in to Southwest, we only had to wait a few minutes to get through security.
We were in early boarding group A, so we were on the plane in no time! Still excited!

We got to see the sun coming up once we were in the air.

jrogue

Sounds like BOG has been off a bit. Took my sister and I forever to get our food too!

Don't worry about the kids. My sister and I used to fight all the time in Disney which I am sure drove my parents insane....and look at us now! Taking trips there by ourselves and getting along well lol. They will grow out of it, especially if you get to do a parents only trip and show them what a great time you had. They'll want to go back!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Sounds like BOG has been off a bit. Took my sister and I forever to get our food too!

Don't worry about the kids. My sister and I used to fight all the time in Disney which I am sure drove my parents insane....and look at us now! Taking trips there by ourselves and getting along well lol. They will grow out of it, especially if you get to do a parents only trip and show them what a great time you had. They'll want to go back!
Not sure what is up with BOG, but we had some issues with our breakfast later in the week too!

I'm not terribly worried about the kids, it just wears on you when they won't leave each other alone!! We've gone before without them and they get very jealous, so I'm hoping Brian and I can go in the next year or two and try to get them to straighten up!!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
So, dinner wasn't a total wash! As I said before, dessert was scrumptious, and we got to meet the Beast!

Before we had left for the afternoon, I had made 4th FP+ for us for Haunted Mansion. We started heading that way.

Not sure why we stopped at the Tangled potties, as I know we all used the ones at BOG. I'm thinking it must have been Brian's stomach still bothering him from his ill advised Space Mountain ride!!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster

Owen saw the Swiss Family Treehouse and decided we needed to stop.

Not too many pics, but I do love the view from there!

We were headed toward the front of the park when Lily spotted Tiana and Prince Naveen. The boys decided to sit this one out!

Then, I was so fed up with everyone (the kids behavior, and Brian not felling well!) that we just called it a night and went back to CBR!! I was so frustrated that I didn't even take any pics on the way out! You know it's bad when I don't get pics at WDW!! I didn't even get to see Wishes!:cry: That is what upset me the most!

prfctlyximprct

I am so sad about your be our guest experience was less than stellar :( at least the cupcakes were good! Sometimes the things that seem most terrible at the time, end up making the best memories. One of my first trips, this lady insisted on running over my friends foot with a stroller because we didn't stand up for her on the bus on the way back from magic kingdom. It was a horrible end to what would have been a perfect night, but now we tell that story and laugh about it. Hope your children get along for the rest of your trip report! I want to make all your photos my desktop background.. Loving them all!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I am so sad about your be our guest experience was less than stellar :( at least the cupcakes were good! Sometimes the things that seem most terrible at the time, end up making the best memories. One of my first trips, this lady insisted on running over my friends foot with a stroller because we didn't stand up for her on the bus on the way back from magic kingdom. It was a horrible end to what would have been a perfect night, but now we tell that story and laugh about it. Hope your children get along for the rest of your trip report! I want to make all your photos my desktop background.. Loving them all!
Thanks! The next day will be the worst for the kids, then they did start to get along better. I think they finally took Brian's threats of him going home or them all sitting in the resort room seriously!

Zipadeelady

What are you thinking? Just kidding!! I'm sure we will change our minds eventually, but we went to the zoo last weekend and they were horrible to each other! I'm hoping they will outgrow it soon!
It won't be soon enough believe me. Mine are 19, 16 and 13 and I still have to break up ridiculous arguments. I'm pretty hopeful for our trip though. Although I'm still saying this will be our last trip as a family of five. I'll let you know how that turns out. :D

JustPlainBill

Great trip report and your pictures are terrific! It's very helpful to hear your family's experiences good and bad. My kids aren't little anymore but being teens hasn't made the "attitudes" any better. I have been there like you. Our last day we spent at the MK in 2008 was a horrible day! My kids had nothing to do with it actually. The park was super crowded, it was extra magic hours, the obnoxious tour groups were everywhere and ruined every attraction for us. My inner voice told me to leave, many times. I regretted then not upgrading our tickets to park hoppers! The last straw was when we did the Haunted Mansion at night and Brazilian tour group flooded in as we entered the stretching room. They were chanting and screaming and taking flash pictures throughout the ride! My kids were crying they were so scared! I was fed up and grabbed my kids hands and stormed my way out of the park, I felt like an enraged bull! The park was gearing up for Wishes, cast members were waving to us and smiling, but I was in my very dark place, and could have given every one of them the finger! Not there and not in front of my kids, and certainly not to people who had nothing to do with my anger! Just as we were about to walk out of the main gate under the railroad in Mainstreet USA, my wife gently tugged on my arm, she may have been tugging for awhile, but I didn't feel it. I stopped and turned to look at her and she said she wanted to watch Wishes before we left, I looked at her and then my kids and saw the show was about to start and forgot myself then, and all the anger melted away. We stayed for the show and I left in a better mood, but still very disappointed.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
It won't be soon enough believe me. Mine are 19, 16 and 13 and I still have to break up ridiculous arguments. I'm pretty hopeful for our trip though. Although I'm still saying this will be our last trip as a family of five. I'll let you know how that turns out. :D
That is not very encouraging, but totally what I am expecting!! It is just amazing to me how when two of them are together, and it doesn't matter which two, they get along great, but you add in the third and they are all over each other! Guess I'll just be grateful for the moments we do have when everyone is getting along and enjoying each other!
OH @TheMouseFan this has happened to me on many of our trips. I'm actually excited this time though, I told them that if they don't want to stay to watch Wishes with me they can head back to the resort and I'll have a nice quiet experience with Wishes. I'm actually hoping they go back to the resort. :)
I was soooo tempted, but I wasn't completely convinced that all 4 of them would be in the room waiting for me when I returned!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom