Trip Report Mad dash for Lunch with my Valentine

My first pre-trip report. Previously I wondered what would happen if my trip report turned out dull? I could just skip posting it altogether - but not if I've already announced it with a pre-trip report.

And who wants read a pre-trip report that basically says the same things as the actual trip report, sans details?

Let's stick to the entire pre-trip era LOL.

The set-up: this will be our last planned WDW trip until at least December 2016/more likely January 2017. Caveat: Our Tables in Wonderland card is good through the fall, so we may make a non-park trip, or do a holiday party, or a combo Uni-Dis trip for a few days in 2016.

Our annual passes expire on the 13th of this month, and from the two phone calls I've had with WDW cast members, that means we can go to the parks on the 13th.

We were torn between doing a little extra since we won't be back so soon vs. saving money because...bills and stuff.

We also wanted it to be unrushed, easy, stay at one hotel the whole time, and maybe get an extra night out of the deal.

Almost booked CBR. Almost booked offsite. Almost booked offsite first night or two and then CBR for a couple of nights. Compromise: we booked Pop Century for the first time, for three nights.

Originally this was to be Sunday night through Thursday, but Brian has to be home for work Thursday morning. so we switched it to Sunday day through Wednesday.

We've lately been driving up from Fort Lauderdale late on Sunday nights after Brian works an 18 hour day at a Dolphin's Game. I work Sundays, too, but I don't come close to that level of exhaustion. So I get to drive the whole 3 or so hours myself at night, while he sleeps.

I was hoping for more of a - let's both take Sunday off, wake up when we wake up, try to get out the door by 9 or 10AM, but 11 is fine, and take turns driving without rushing. (And I can work a little when he drives.)

Our AP's are weekday only anyway, so when we get there, we can explore Pop and AoA, and we can go to Disney Springs, but no parks. I kind of liked that idea - again, less rushed, relax a bit, get to really explore Disney Springs with all the new stuff without feeling like I'm missing something at MK. A leisurely pace of strolling, shopping, eating...maybe the hot air balloon thingy?? I've had my eye on that for a few years.

We booked Morimoto for our first dinner. Likely will have lunch at the resort.

Who knows if that will work out to have us waking up early and making our first rope drop? One can hope.

Day one - relaxing day.

Which leaves us scrambling today and yesterday and the day before...

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So, yes, I just called Disney Visa and I could easily get a new rewards card at Guest Services. Hmmm...

The plot thickens . . . :cool: . . .will they or won't they pull off this Valentine's meal??!! (P.S.: Don't forget to get a Valentine's treat for the doggie, too! Which reminds me, I've got to get a treat for my dog this weekend as well, and while I'm at it, I also need to find something nice for my husband! :p I've got my gift searching work cut out for me; I'd better get on this pronto! ;) )

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
image.png

image.png

Doc Disney

Someone on another TR mentioned the shampoo/conditioner combo bottle at the Value resorts vs. separate bottles at the Mods. I can confirm this experience. I guess a woman can explain to me why this matters. To me, it's just easier to use both at once!! LOL. Thanks, Pop Century!

I'm 99% sure this was me....haha. My hair is very long and very hard to brush through when it doesn't have a good amount of conditioner in it :) I will say their combo stuff is pretty decent but my hair was very dry by the end of the trip haha
I know everyone has already said this but your dog really is very adorable

bee

My hair is very long and very hard to brush through when it doesn't have a good amount of conditioner in it :) I will say their combo stuff is pretty decent but my hair was very dry by the end of the trip haha
Yes! Seconded! All of this! As far as shampoo/conditioner combos go the Disney stuff is among the better products but my hair just fares way better with separate products.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom