1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Trip Report Our First Disney Cruise...it was "Magic"al!!

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Reports' started by gdisneyfans, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

If you want to respond to multiple posts in one post, click +Quote (rather than Reply) at the bottom of each post you want to reply to. When you are finished, click Insert Quotes... (bottom left). It will ask "Do you want to quote these messages?" Answer yes and they will all appear in the same post. Then you can manually add space between each quoted post to reply individually.

2. gdisneyfans

gdisneyfans Active Member Original Poster

We got off the plane in Chicago and had about a 2 and a half hour layover, so had plenty of time to mosey around the airport. No one had had breakfast yet, so we went looking for food. Emily and I each had a bagel and Brian had the wonderfully nutritious McDonalds. Oh well, we're on vacation. No pictures of that lovely breakfast, but you're really not missing anything!
    What to do next while we wait? The kids went walking around looking through the shops in the airport (I can't imagine why they didn't find anything to buy:confused:!) so what should we do? Let's go to the bar!
    Bloody Mary.jpg

Brian Bloody Mary.jpg
    So we asked the bartender if we could have a beer chaser with our bloody Mary. He said "you must be from Wisconsin - only people from Wisconsin order beer chasers". Is that true?! Here I thought the two went hand in hand:joyfull:
    We finished our drinks and then just relaxed and waited....
    Emily Chicago.jpg
    She looks thrilled, doesn't she?!
    Our ride to Miami:
    Plane Chicago.jpg
    Of course they had to de-ice this thing too. But this time we got to watch before we boarded...we have always been on the plane while they've had to do this
    Deicing Plane.jpg
    After that it was time to board - yay - finally!

3. gdisneyfans

Well, that's it for today - thanks again to anyone choosing to read this:joyfull: I will try to do another update early next week as we are headed off to the Mall of America for a nice long weekend:happy: Going to try out their new Soarin' type ride, Flying over America....I wonder if it will compare to Disney?:eek:

4. gdisneyfans

THANK YOU!

Tuvalu likes this.
  5. MotherofaPrincessLover

MotherofaPrincessLover Well-Known Member

Where is that ride at?

6. ajrwdwgirl

ajrwdwgirl Well-Known Member

I live about an hour and 15 minutes east of the Mall of America, so we go there fairly often. I just took my niece to the Mall about a month ago and we did the Sea Life Aquarium and Flying Over America package and the Aquarium was really fun. The Flying Over America ride was comparable to Soarin', there were some parts I liked better than Disney's :cautious::eek: but both are good rides. However at $16 for one person to ride, it was a little much, so the aquarium and ride package was a decent deal. At the Mall of America's version the seats are one thing I thought were better, they are a little more comfortable.

ScarletBegonias likes this.
  7. ajrwdwgirl

ajrwdwgirl Well-Known Member

It is in the Nickelodean Universe area of the Mall, kind of near where the Hard Rock Cafe is. Good ride, but a little pricey.

8. MotherofaPrincessLover

MotherofaPrincessLover Well-Known Member

I didn't even know about this but I said something about it to my husband and he apparently knew all about it. Might have to check it out at some point. How was the wait for it?

9. ScarletBegonias

ScarletBegonias Well-Known Member

I'm in! Can't wait to read more!

10. texans_loyal

texans_loyal New Member

can't wait to read the rest!
    Enjoy!