our first challenge

eagles

Original Poster
i got some idea's from another site.

make a scrapbook page using a brown background. themed whatever you choose.

at least one each of the following elements must be included:

ribbon

button

frame

challenge will be open from jul 19 for 1 week, ending jul 26.

does everyone have these items? or do we have to buy them? is this okay to start with? or would anyone like to change this?

eagles

Original Poster
LOL i just realized i don't have any buttons i like, i have only a couple, and they are not right.

i guess i might have to go shopping! hehehe

(like i need another reason)

ljs1691

Brown printed or brown solid background? What size are we using or does it matter?

I'm going shopping tomorrow after lunch so I'll be picking some things up since I have no buttons.

eagles

Original Poster
for our first challenge, no it must not be solid, patterned or textured, if just fine, but brown must be the main color.

and i must admit, this is harder than i thought it would be for me anyway. i think i have an idea of something, but i have changed now at least 3 times. lol

i think for me the hardest part is going to be incorporating the ribbon, i have never worked with ribbon, even with traditional.

mouselvrmom

I'm having a hard time with the ribbons and buttons, too. I've never used them before. But I'm almost done with my page! I was so excited that I started working right away. But, darn it, I forgot we had to have a frame! :eek: Back to my page! :lol:

Coree

I love this idea and I'm going to try and participate. I'm in party-planning mode for my daughter's second birthday so we'll see whether this one works or not. If not, I'll be on board for others in the future!

eagles

Original Poster
I'm having a hard time with the ribbons and buttons, too. I've never used them before. But I'm almost done with my page! I was so excited that I started working right away. But, darn it, I forgot we had to have a frame! :eek: Back to my page! :lol:

well i think i have the frame with a pic, but can't work the ribbon in there. and i am not sure my background is really brown! LOL it looks oranging (sp).

mouselvrmom

well i think i have the frame with a pic, but can't work the ribbon in there. and i am not sure my background is really brown! LOL it looks oranging (sp).

You're doing digital, right? It must be hard getting ribbon in digital- unless you have a ribbon function or something? Are you able to just download all of your backgrounds and other elements you use on the page? I guess I just don't get how you have all of that neat stuff on the page. :lol:

eagles

Original Poster
You're doing digital, right? It must be hard getting ribbon in digital- unless you have a ribbon function or something? Are you able to just download all of your backgrounds and other elements you use on the page? I guess I just don't get how you have all of that neat stuff on the page. :lol:

i have been shopping just like going to the store, except i shop online. i buy scrapbook kits, again, except mine are digital.

there are ribbons, some are already curled, but for the page i am trying to work on, curling would not look right. so i have just a strip that will lay flat.

all the digital scrapbook kits come with exactly the same things you would get from a paper scrapbook kit. papers, frames, elements, some have words or letters.

digital scrapbook is almost just like traditional paper, except i don't use paper, i use a mouse and computer screen and photo editing program. everything i do on here i could do in traditional (if i had all those kits in paper).

but right now i have another problem! my mouse just died! so this would be like your scissors just fell apart. LOL

i hope that all made some sort of sense.

mouselvrmom

That does make sense! Thanks for the little tutorial. Now I see how it can be just as expensive as regular scrapbooking! So can you use the different things, like ribbons etc that you get in a kit over and over again, though? That would make it a little bit more economical.

eagles

Original Poster
That does make sense! Thanks for the little tutorial. Now I see how it can be just as expensive as regular scrapbooking! So can you use the different things, like ribbons etc that you get in a kit over and over again, though? That would make it a little bit more economical.

oh yes! that is a magor plus, i can use them over and over again.

(cough cough ahemmm i haven't yet, i keep buying new ones :lol: )

eagles

Original Poster
well my mouse did not die, it was just resting, needed a new battery. hehe

i finished my layout! for me, that was hard. putting all those things into one layout really had me going. and i think using a brown background was difficult also.

so for me, this WAS a challenge.

should we post as we finish? or do we wait til thursday at the end of challenge?

Disneyfalcon

I was wondering the same thing. You started it eagles so you can decide!

I haven't even started. I'm still trying to finish a few contest entries that are due on the 31st. Hopefully I'll still have time to do this one. If not I'll definitely be in for the next one!

eagles

Original Poster
ok since we all might not beable to post on the last day of a challenge, then i say post as we finish.

so here is mine. its simplistic, but was difficult for me.

eagles

Original Poster
i'll try one more time. hope it works.

dinoland1-1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom