Our Dream Vaca Trip Report - Day 7

I was so excited for this day! We started with Breakfast at Akerhaus! We got our pic with Belle and met the princesses. (Tip - if you can't get into the castle, try here! You get to see all the princesses!)

We headed to Epcot via the monorail. We were running late b/c the monorail was delayed by like 20 minutes so we all just sat there. A little scary towards the end but still my fave way to travel!

IMG_3911.JPG

While we waited, we hung around the pavillion. We never noticed the little gnomes all around so we are guessing they are new.

IMG_3918.JPG

IMG_3919.JPG

We waited near the water fall...I love this spot in Epcot!

IMG_3921.JPG

IMG_3915.JPG

(to all the overplanners...note the coordinating outfits! ha ha - I haven't pointed them out every day, but it was daily! I'm sick!! ha ha)

We got in and got our pics with Belle. And they have a buffet for the cold items, and the warm items are brought to your table! A great way to do things! And the potatoes! OH YUMMY!!!!

Me and Cinderella!

IMG_3927.JPG

We met the rest of the princesses and when we were done, we headed to Future World. We went right to Soarin' and it already had a 45 minute wait!! We got our FP's and headed to Test Track. We didn't have to wait long, and it had been forever since we rode this one too!

IMG_3931.JPG

IMG_3935.JPG

We used to live on GM road, down about three miles from these Proving Grounds! Had to pay our respects to the old homestead!

IMG_3938.JPG

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
After Test Track, we headed to Mission Space. I have to say...I was terrified. And i love roller coasters...and i was terrified. So we rode Green! And it was so fun! We rode it again!! There was no way for the green side!!!

IMG_3942.JPG

IMG_3943.JPG

IMG_3945.JPG

This would be the souvinier sick bag we took from the trip!!

IMG_3947.JPG

While at Epcot, my DH loves the Innoventions and I can skip it. So usually I go see the characters at the character spot and he goes and learns about velcro and sciency things! hee hee I did head to the characters but there was about a 45 minute wait. So I skipped it and did some shopping at Mouse Gears!! When I was done shopping, my hubby was done at innoventions so we headed to Nine Dragons for lunch. (TIP - no ADR at Epcot, try Nine Dragons!! Yummy and fast and usually open!)

After lunch, we headed around the countries to America for the American Adventure. And it occured to me...I have never seen this ship here before???

IMG_3962.JPG

A great view of SSE!

IMG_3964.JPG

IMG_3966.JPG

IMG_3967.JPG

We got to see the Liberty Singers! Amazing!!!

IMG_3970.JPG

They changed this a bit from the last time we were here. They added to the end of the movie. And again...not a dry eye for me! I was a blubbering fool! I stat when I see Walt with Tinkerbell and didn't stop!!

We finished walking through the countries as we headed back to FW.

IMG_3979.JPG

We rode Soarin' with our FP and headed back to GF to get ready for dinner!!!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We got to the MK around 6 pm. A bit early for our ADR's at the Castle so we decided to ride the train around the park. Something we had never done together. A great thing to do if you haven't done it or just need to put your feet up! (NOTE: - the loop for the train takes 20 minutes.)

we headed down Main Street to the castle.

IMG_3994.JPG

We checked in at the castle. I took note of all the detail!!

IMG_3999.JPG

There's Gus Gus!

IMG_4001.JPG

Time for dinner!

IMG_4000.JPG

Inside the Castle, had to say hello to my friend Gus Gus!

IMG_4010.JPG

I was so excited!

IMG_4014.JPG

There's my Prince!

IMG_4015.JPG

I got the salad and it was delicious!

IMG_4016.JPG

And niles got the egg roll.

IMG_4017.JPG

For dinner, we both had the prime rib! Yummy!

When the sun started to set, Niles found a shadow of a hidden mickey!
IMG_4028.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
And here is the Ferry Godmother!

IMG_4035.JPG

IMG_4036.JPG

IMG_4040.JPG

Our celebration cake! We both made a wish!

IMG_4041.JPG

I got the chocolate buckle for dessert!

IMG_4045.JPG

After dinner, we headed out into Fantasy Land!

IMG_4047.JPG

Niles got the pic at the fountain where it looks like Cinderella is wearing her crown.

IMG_4051.JPG

We were honestly surprised with the number of people who were here this night. We headed through Fantasy Land and grabbed a FP for PP. While there, a wonderful guest gave us two sets of FP's to Buzz Lightyear. So we headed to Liberty Square and there was about a 45 min wait for Haunted Mansion. So we headed through Liberty Square.

IMG_4065.JPG

We stopped and played at the shooting gallery, something Niles had not done in ages! They were starting to rope off for SpectroMagic Parade and we didn't want to get soaked...which we did on SM the last time we rode. And BTM was a forever long wait, we we headed to Pirates. Pirates was closed down for maintaince. So we headed back to Haunted Mansion thinking that most people would be getting set for the parade. We were right and we had only a few minute wait for the Haunted Mansion!

After this we decided, lets' see about BTM and headed that way. What a cluster that was!! Disaster! Seriously...if you have a stroller, and you are using it to carry packages, then don't use the narrow passageways and try to get through! Oh and there was nearly a rumble between two scooter drivers! they both were headed at each other on the walkway, which is narrow, by the river running the path of frontier land. One literally had to back up and no one made it easy for that person. There was no way for two to pass next to each other. It got ugly! We made our way through and then got stuck at the end of the parade since BTM was still a 45 min wait! We watched the end of Spectro Magic and decided to head to Jungle Cruise via the cut through to Adventure Land from Frontier Land. So near the parade, we made our back to the mid part of Frontier Land and cut through to Jungle Cruise and grabbed a FP. We headed to over near Crystal Palace and watched Wishes! And again...Tears!!

We headed back through Adventure Land and got a Dole Whip! Now we both got the Dole Whip Pineapple Float and OH MY! Delicious! How had I not enjoyed this year after year!

IMG_4083.JPG

We headed to Pirates which was fixed now and rode that. Then back to Jungle Cruise for our FP. I love this ride at night!!!

We then had FP's left for Peter Pan and Buzz. We rode Peter Pan and then headed to Tomorrow Land. Even though we had two sets of FP's, Buzz was down so we rode Stitch - it's offial...I hate this ride. And then since that was all there was to do in Tomorrow Land, we headed back through the lands to leave - stopping to ride Haunted Mansion one more time and then Pirates one more time and Jungle Cruise one more time. It was now 1 am so we headed out. We were going to stick around for A Kiss Goodnight. The special fireworks that I have heard they do about 30 mins after the park closes. I don't know if they still do it but we were so tired, we just headed back to the GF.

disneygirl1

Great report and awesome pictures!!! I know the whole feeling of being delayed on the monorail!!! When we were there in December, the pink monorail broke down ahead of us, and we were seriously stuck on the thing for over an hour in a torrential down pour just hanging above Bay Lake!!! I was freaking out!!! Needless to say that was the last monorail ride for me on that trip!!! Boy what an experience!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Glad you enjoyed eating in the castle...and that Dole Whip looks :slurp::slurp::slurp:!

Can you believe all this time both me and my DH never had one!!! And i'm such a pineapple freak! Love it!!!

Oh...fun tip!!! You know those pineapple upside down cheese cakes I was describing when we went to Boma? At Cold Stone Creamery you can make! It is SOOOO deliecious!! Get the cheese cake ice cream, graham cracker crust and pineapple and it tastes just like it!!!! :slurp::slurp::slurp::slurp:

DizneyPryncess

All the Cold Stone's around us went out of business....that sounds like an amazing thing to try. I just had my first Dole Whip last year too! I felt so out of place around here until I had one. Very jealous you got to meet the mice at CRT! I've never seen them there before.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
All the Cold Stone's around us went out of business....that sounds like an amazing thing to try. I just had my first Dole Whip last year too! I felt so out of place around here until I had one. Very jealous you got to meet the mice at CRT! I've never seen them there before.

I know! I felt so out of place not having a Dole Whip!!! Did you have the float or the whip? We went with the float and loved it so much!! Meeting the mice was so fun but they didn't do auto graphs??? Neither did the Fairy Godmother. When we were there for bfast - outside the ropes in Fantasy Land, Fairy Godmother was out and signing autographs but not taking pics with people. I was a little puzzled by this whole thing. :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom