Our Dream Vaca Trip Report - Day 5

Here is our trip report for Day 5 - day 4 is in with Day 3's b/c it was a water park day and not many pics.

It is now Wednesday June 10th. And today was a great amazing unbelievable wonderful day and by far one the best of the entire trip!!

I love being on Main Street in the morning when it is not packed. It was a hazy steamy day too!

IMG_3780.JPG

IMG_3781.JPG

We started the day with bfast at Crystal Palace! And Ferdinand and Hildagard joined too!

IMG_3783.JPG

IMG_3784.JPG

On our table in celebration of Niles' Bday and our Anniversary was a heart!

IMG_3794.JPG

Now that the autograph book issue had been resolved, I was able to bring it around with me and start gathering photos and autographs! I am making this into a mini book - with photos on side and autographs on the other. Eeoyre is my first!

IMG_3793.JPG

IMG_3796.JPG

They do a parade here, similar to at Chef Mickey. The characters and kids get up and go around the room!

IMG_3797.JPG

Niles getting out of the way as he realized he was in a parade!

IMG_3798.JPG

IMG_3800.JPG

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
Then it was time to meet Pooh!

IMG_3805.JPG

I got an autograph from Piglet but did not see him because I was off getting breakfast!!

We then checked in for our Keys to the Kingdom tour. We had the 9:30 tour which used to be the most popular but in recent years, the 8:30 time is most popular so we had a small group which was great. There were 9 of us, led by Jason, our most fabulous amazing tour guide! He was truely spectacular!! Jason started off by stating that his goal was to teach us something that we did not know and bring some of that magic back. With in the first 5 minutes, he did both!! Jason took us to the train station first, where he told us how he got to this point and a bit about himself. He then explained the design of the kingdom... it is set up like going to the movies. First you come through the doors and before the curtain comes up, you see up coming attractions - there are pics of rides and special events along the walls under the train station. You then grab your program - your guide map and times guide - then there are concessions - you are able to buy both as you enter the kingdom. Then you see curtain lifts - coming out from under the train station, and you see the main event in the distance. But along the way, you give credit. Producer, Roy Disney for making it all happen. Ending with Walt Disney, Director, above the ice cream parlor b/c he enjoyed a bowl of vanilla ice cream every night. Then the castle!! I had no idea that much thought was put into the set up but that just shows how amazing and detailed Disney is and why it is so magical!!

Along the way, limited amount of photo opportunities due to the behind the scenes nature of the tour. And I don't want to spoil it all for those who take this tour, but we went behind the scenes in Frontier Land, rode Jungle Cruise...

Our captain Jason!

IMG_2183.JPG

and rode Haunted Mansion. We had lunch at Columbia Harbour House where they all sang Happy Birthday to Niles! And then we did go into the utildoors. The whole experience was outstanding!!!! TIP - If you can, take this tour. Ask for Jason too! He's amazing! But if you can, take it! Jason did as he promised...brought some of that magic back and taught us things we did not know!! And in the end...had me in tears when he told me about Roy and opening day with out Walt being there.

After the tour which ended around 2:30, we headed back to the GF to get ready for the evening. DHS had EMH hours but before we headed there, we headed to Epcot for dinner via the monorail. We had ADR's at Beigartan.

IMG_3806.JPG

IMG_3810.JPG

We ate here b/c we have never been before and my DH loves the food. For me, although fun, it's not a fave. For two reasons - everything tasted like sauerkraut to me and the family style tables made me a bit uncomfortable. But the show was fun and the desserts were super yummy!

IMG_3817.JPG

IMG_3818.JPG

My DH had a beer bigger then his head!!

IMG_3819.JPG

IMG_3820.JPG

After dinner we headed to DHS via the Friendly Boats you can pick up at the International Gateway. This was not the fastest but a lovely way to travel!!

We got to DHS and first headed to TofT which we got a FP to ride for about an hour later. We headed towards the back of DHS to Muppets!! A personal fave!!

IMG_3828.JPG

And I showed Niles the hidden key!

IMG_3827.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Niles' new job...janitor.

IMG_3831.JPG

Niles' favorite guys!!

IMG_3834.JPG

We did some shopping and saw Gonzo hanging around.

IMG_3836.JPG

We headed over to Star Tours. Altough it was Star Wars weekend...and the signage was very cool, we didn't see much differenet. Of course, we made a point not to be there on the actual weekend days. So that is probably why. We rode Star Tours and hope that the next time we come, the rumors are true and the ride will be upgraded! We headed over to Tower of Terror and rode. A must if you have neve ridden at night! It is so cool!!!! We debated on riding Rock and Roller Coaster - about 45 minute wait and decided to skip it and head back to the GF since we will be back in the a.m.

:wave:'ve never eaten in Germany before, DH is part German and would probably enjoy it but I'm allergic to pork and never thought the food sounded all that great to be honest! Should we give it a go?

disneygirl76

Original Poster
:wave:'ve never eaten in Germany before, DH is part German and would probably enjoy it but I'm allergic to pork and never thought the food sounded all that great to be honest! Should we give it a go?

If you are allergic to Pork, you may have a tough time finding something to eat.

Here's what they had...

the breads and pretzel rolls were yummy. They had potato leek soup but it did not compare to that from the Rose and Crown. I love hard salamis - which I believe have pork in them, and those were good. They had both cold and warm sausages. The cold were a bit odd in texture but the flavor was good - again, probably with pork. And the warm ones...couldn't tell the flavor b/c they were swimming in sauerkraut. they did have beef in two forms - one was stuffed with this weird, i really have no idea what it was, stuff. And the other was straight up prime rib. Loved the prime rib!! The desserts were fabulous!! :slurp::slurp::slurp::slurp: They had green salads and pasta and potato salads of all sorts. And they did have mac and cheese (but it didn't taste like the mac and cheese made at the rest of the world :confused:). If you go - I think it would be for the experience. Similarly to you, my mom would love the experience and so I would go again to be with her. But no for the food myself. :lol:

We leave in 3 months and I'm trying to find some creative places to eat during Free Dining. Did you like the deluxe plan? We usually use the standard plan and almost always have too much to eat but i would like the chance to experience some of the Signiture places too!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We leave in 3 months and I'm trying to find some creative places to eat during Free Dining. Did you like the deluxe plan? We usually use the standard plan and almost always have too much to eat but i would like the chance to experience some of the Signiture places too!

I really liked doing the Deluxe Dining this time - but that was b/c we wanted to try so many new places and we were there for 8 nights. I don't think it would be something that we would do for shorter trips or on a regular basis. We did eat at the Castle twice and Cali Grill and tried SO many new places - Boma, Ohana, Beirgatan and so many Character Dining places. That made it really nice. With the basic dining plan - we always have more then enough to eat. But for us, going with the Deluxe was not about having more to eat but have more experiences. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom