Our Dream Vaca Trip Report - Day 3

Monday, June 8th was AK all day! The park opened at 9 am so we grabbed a bus at about 8:45. First bus experience and so far so good! ha ha

First stop in was a ride on EE! And we grabbed a FP for later!!

IMG_3537.JPG

IMG_3540.JPG

IMG_3543.JPG

IMG_3546.JPG

We then headed to Africa, and grabbed breakfast at Kusafiri Cafe. We wanted to ride Kilimanjaro Safari at this time, but already, the line was an hour wait. We waited a few minutes until we were able to grab a FP again and then we did the Pangai walking trails.

IMG_3577.JPG

IMG_3576.JPG

First the Mekaats and then the Gorillas!

IMG_3580.JPG

IMG_3582.JPG

IMG_3584.JPG

We headed back to Asia and on our way, we say Baloo and King Louie!

IMG_3597.JPG

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
Back in Asia, we did the Maharajah Jungle Trek and saw the Tigers!!

It was so hot out that the kitties were playing in the water!

IMG_3657.JPG

IMG_3661.JPG

I had never noticed the detail work on the walking trail!

IMG_3667.JPG

Then we headed to Yak and Yeti for lunch. We had done the counter service before, but with the Deluxe Dining plan, we headed inside. Had the lettuce cups and potstickers - YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!! And then we both had the Honey Chicken and fried wontons for dessert! I was STUFFED but it was so delicious!!

We then watched the Birds of Flight show. (TIP: if you have not seen this show, make it a point to catch it on your next trip. i'm not a bird show girl - actually, birds scare me a bit. But this show was not only cool to watch, but funny!!)

Part of the show was the tour guide leader and his flag! Hilarious!

IMG_3605.JPG

This little bird was amazing!

IMG_3608.JPG

Yeah...this owl! Nearly touched my head when it flew from there to the stage!! AHHHH!!!

IMG_3615.JPG

The Bald Eagle!

IMG_3628.JPG

The Macaws flying at the end was wonderful!

IMG_3631.JPG

IMG_3638.JPG

As we headed to EE again for one more ride, we saw the chimps!

IMG_3651.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
After riding EE one more time, we grabbed a FP b/c we were going to be coming back for EMH hours. We headed to Africa and rode Kilimanjaro Safaris.

Although an excellent ride, the tour guide was so hard to hear. It's like he had a box of marbles in his mouth! But we really didn't care b/c we were just there to see the animals!

IMG_3682.JPG

Hippos keeping cool!

IMG_3690.JPG

IMG_3692.JPG

See the giraffes???

IMG_3701.JPG

Then the elephants!

IMG_3707.JPG

See the hidden Mickey?

IMG_3711.JPG

Mr Lion is napping on the mountain!

IMG_3712.JPG

We got stopped by Mr. Ostrich!

IMG_3719.JPG

And got very close to Mr. Rino!

IMG_3725.JPG

We headed to Dino Land and got a FP for Dinosaur, since we would be coming back for EMH's.

IMG_3731.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
After getting our FP's at Dinosaur...

IMG_3734.JPG

we headed back to the resort since it was SO hot out and we knew we would be coming back later in the evening. We got ready for the evening, which was dinner at AK Lodge! (TIP: It is so hard to go from resort to resort and time consuming. When going from a monorail resort to another resort, take monorail to MK and then just walk to the buses and hop on a bus!)

A funny little story...which explains the picks of the duckies...

My DH and I honeymooned at GF and when we were there, we kept seeing this duckie couple, so we named them Ferdinand and Hildagard. When we moved into our house, the first night we bbq'd outside, we were visted by two duckies - Ferdinand and Hildagard! So every time we see a boy and girl duck, we say they are F and H! So at the bus stop to AK Lodge at the MK, F & H were headed to Wilderness Lodge!

IMG_2147.JPG

We had never been to Boma before! I am a picky eater so I didn't know how much I would like it but it was DELICIOUS! Now, everyone talks about the Zebra Domes... yeah, they are good. But the Upside Down Pineapple Cheesecake was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The AK Lodge is beautiful!!

IMG_2149.JPG

IMG_2157.JPG

IMG_2150.JPG

I found this funny!

IMG_2152.JPG

Outside the AK Lodge...

IMG_2153.JPG

IMG_2156.JPG

A special dessert from Boma!

IMG_2158.JPG

After dinner, we took the bus from AK Lodge, to AK for EMH's.

IMG_2164.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We first rode Dinosaur! We hadn't ridden since our honeymoon and I forgot how fun it was! We used the FP we had and it was so nice to just walk right in!

IMG_2165.JPG

We then headed to EE and it was so cool to see the AK at night!

IMG_2168.JPG

IMG_2172.JPG

It was so cool to see the view from EE at night! Awesome to ride at night!!

We then headed to the Tree of Life and watched It's Tough to be a Bug. While there, we were able to get directions to the hidden path around the tree. Now this whole day, we were looking for the real hidden path, but we were not able to find. We did however find the path around the tree that shows the tree really well!! We were told to walk straight through the FP distribution ticket area and take the path to the left. That will lead you to this path around the tree!

IMG_2174.JPG

On our quest to find this path, we also heard about the Bench. The bench that if you bend down and look up, you'll see it is a direct view to the ant. The ant on the tree that planted the seed which grew the tree of life. We could not find this bench! If anyone has directions, please let me know!!

We were done for the night so we started to head out. And on our way, we say Mickey and Minnie!!

IMG_2178.JPG

Day 4

This is a short write up b/c not many photos b/c we used a waterproof camera and don't have the pics back yet. This was a day off from the parks and we started the day with Bfast at GF Cafe. Again - delicious! We did have an ADR for this one, didn't know how hard bfast would be to get. (TIP - the Maple Vanilla French Toast here is the most amazing french toast I have ever had!!)

We then took the bus to Blizzard Beach. Okay...BAD bus experience!! We waited for over an hour for our bus to come! It was ridiculous!!! Once we got to BB we had a great time! We rode the chair lift up to Steamboat Springs then did the Run Off Rapids. We did the loop on Cross Country Creek and got off at Lotta Watta Lodge for lunch. We headed back to the Chair Lift again and did Steamboat Springs again. So much fun!! We then used our free round of mini golf and played Summer Winter Land. We played the winter side and it was really fun! We will definitely do the mini golf again!!

We headed back to the resort to freshen up b/c we had ADR's at Ohana. We hit the gift shop had grabbed a fun drink while we waited for our table.

IMG_3768.JPG
Again, I have never eatten here and it was really good. I am not sure that I would make a point of doing it again, but it was fun.

IMG_3770.JPG

IMG_2181.JPG

We then headed to the beach area to watch the Electric Pagent parade. In my research, I knew when the pagent would be going by and did not see where they said it was for select nights only. But it must have been or was canceled b/c it did look like it was going to storm b/c it never came on by. But lovely to be on the beach looking over at the GF.

IMG_3779.JPG

Since it looked like it was going to storm (there was lightening) we decided to take the monorail back, rather then the ferry boat.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Didn't you care for Ohanas? Most reviews are pretty good but it is heavy on meat!:lol:

ummmm yeah, it was good. But compared to all that we had tried before then, I think that is why I was a bit under whelmed. My DH worked two summers in Hawaii in college and he was loving the sauces and the food!! I loved the pineapple bread!! Delicious! :slurp::slurp::slurp: I think i ate a loaf myself!!! And the noodles with peanut sauce were good! Loved the salad at the beginning and the turkey - I think it was the turkey - I liked the best. The beef was okay but at that point, I was so full and dessert had not been served yet! Which was Bananas Fosters Bread Pudding. Over all, it was good. But compared to every where else we went, it was not my fave. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom