Our Dream Vaca Trip Report - Day 2!

Day two started by hitting the concierge buffet. I will say, it is nice having breakfast ready and coffee made first thing in the morning! I wouldn't pay for this out of pocket, but it is a nice feature!! This was an early morning - MK opens at 9 am so we headed there via monorail at 8 am. We got such an early start so my DH could do the exchange for his bday gift card and we also had to pick up some tickets that we had from a previous non-expiring trip. I thought two things...1) it would take longer and 2) that we could get in on to Main Street. However, we were done by 8:20 am. Oops! We hung around the two shops b/c even at this hour, it was smokin' hot!! We took some pics since there were not many people there yet! A great opportunity to take some pics!!

IMG_3366.JPG

IMG_3368.JPG

IMG_3373.JPG

IMG_3375.JPG

I have never been to the MK for the rope drop. (TIP: if you can do this at least once, it is so magical! When the characters arrive via train...Oh, it is just about the most magical experience ever!) Of course...I started to cry again! I was a hot mess this trip! The emotions were flying and I was just so excited to be here for this amazing trip!! We did opt to watch it from the side so we could get into the parks so my view was a bit off...but amazing!!

IMG_3384.JPG

IMG_3395.JPG

Onto Main Street! We were here and it is amazing!! I will never forget that feeling!

IMG_3397.JPG

We always stop and pay our respects to Roy as we head down Main Street!

IMG_3398.JPG

IMG_3400.JPG

We always head left first (TIP: It is b/c most people are right handed so people will head to the right. Or in this case, the head right to the Castle and go to Fantasy Land. So my DH and I, always head left.

IMG_3402.JPG

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
We always ride Pirates first!! It is our tradition!

IMG_3404.JPG

IMG_3406.JPG

We then headed to Frontier Land and got a FP for Splash Mountain, rode Big Thunder Mountain.

IMG_3408.JPG

IMG_3410.JPG

IMG_3411.JPG

We headed to Liberty Square and rode Haunted Mansion.

IMG_3416.JPG

IMG_3417.JPG

We headed to Fantasy Land and got a FP for Peter Pan and then rode Winnie the Pooh.

IMG_3427.JPG

IMG_3429.JPG

We wanted to ride Snow White but it was about 10:30 and at this point, it was about a 30 minute wait so we hit Mickey Philharmagic and then back to Frontier Land.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
On our way back to Frontier Land, we say Donald!

IMG_3433.JPG

And the Brier Boys were having a Ho Down!

IMG_3435.JPG

IMG_3439.JPG

IMG_3452.JPG

IMG_3453.JPG

IMG_3455.JPG

We rode Splash Mountain and then had lunch at El Pirate. (TIP: El Pirate is open seasonally, but when it is, I highly recommend this one! We have found the food is awesome and it is not as crowded with loads of seating!!)

We grabbed a FP for Jungle Cruise (TIP: We really worked the FP's this time. Right when we were able to grab one, we did! Check the bottom of the ticket and when you are able to grab another one, do it!).

It was time to ride Peter Pan per our FP ticket so we slowly made our way back to Fantasy Land. I noticed, especially in this area, that a lot of the buildings are going through refurb. So they have the pics of the buildigs and walls up to show they are being worked on.

IMG_3458.JPG

IMG_3460.JPG

IMG_3465.JPG

IMG_3466.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We rode Peter Pan...

IMG_3472.JPG

IMG_3474.JPG

IMG_3475.JPG

IMG_3477.JPG

And if you look closely, a little birdy has made his home in the Crocodiles mouth!!

We stopped by the Sword to see if would come out for the bday boy!!

IMG_3479.JPG

IMG_3481.JPG

IMG_3482.JPG

IMG_3484.JPG

The line was long for the Tea Cups so we skipped this and headed to Tomorrow Land.

IMG_3485.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We grabbed a FP for Buzz and the rode Carousel of Progress!

IMG_3491.JPG

IMG_3492.JPG

We snooped over to Space Mountain and the whole area is pretty much dead. With Tomorrow Land Transit down as well, it was empty. It was kind of funny and sad b/c you would see a family headed over there and they are all excited to ride SM and then some poor CM is standing over there having to explain that it is closed! Oh the poor thing!!

IMG_3494.JPG

A Happy Birthday for the Bday boy!!

We rode buzz...and I won...again! 316,000 to 249,000. I won the last time too!!

IMG_3499.JPG

After kicking the bday boys butt on Buzz, we headed to Adventure Land for our FP to the Jungle Cruise. We checked tea cups and Snow White and still didn't want to wait in line so via the Castle, we made our way to the Cruise.

IMG_3505.JPG

IMG_3508.JPG

(for all you planners out there after my own heart...please note the coordinating outfits and yes, I have Mickey's on my shoes!!! hee hee)

We rode Jungle Cruise! A fave!!

IMG_3511.JPG

IMG_3515.JPG

IMG_3519.JPG

IMG_3513.JPG

After the cruise, we headed to Main Street and did some shopping before heading back to the GF. It did storm for a bit - the typical afternoon rain storm in Orlando so we were safe in the stores! I will say staying at a resort that is on the monorail spoils you for sure!! It was so nice to just hop on and have it take us home. We headed back to the resort for a nap and to freshen up for our evening at Epcot.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
So in an effort to drink around the world, we decided that my DH would buy the drink, I would have a sip or two and we would wear a hat from each country!! We got to Epcot around 6 pm. (NOTE: Although convenient, the monorail does take a while to get to Epcot. You have to exchange monorails at the TTC and it can take awhile.) We had to be out of the room by 5:30 b/c I had the Disney Florists coming in for a Surprise for my DH!

We started at Mexico for Margaritas!!

IMG_2058.JPG

IMG_2063.JPG

IMG_2064.JPG

Then beer in Norway!

IMG_2073.JPG

IMG_2074.JPG

IMG_2075.JPG

Then China for Plum Wine.

IMG_2080.JPG

IMG_2081.JPG

IMG_2085.JPG

IMG_2086.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We then hit Germany for Beer!

IMG_2087.JPG

IMG_2093.JPG

IMG_2094.JPG

I don't even know what to say about this next pic... price...$225 a piece!!

IMG_2092.JPG

Then to Italy for vino!

IMG_2097.JPG

IMG_2101.JPG

IMG_2102.JPG

And then to USA! For some Budwiser of course!

IMG_2106.JPG

I love the menu in USA! Cheese Sauce!!!

IMG_2108.JPG

IMG_2111.JPG

LiveyMouse22

I absolutely love your pictures they are great and the ones from EPCOT are hilarious, haha. :lol: Your trip report is great! :wave:

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Usually our first place to dine at the World is the Rose and Crown, but since Cali Grill was the night before, we decided to make Rose and Crown our first place to eat on a park day. The food and service again was amazing! And if you time your ADR right, you can be seated to watch Illuminations!!

We finished up our drinking around the world for one day at the UK and then headed in for dinner!

IMG_2118.JPG

If I could eat one thing ever day...it would be the Potato Leek Soup from the Rose and Crown! I'm making my I love soup face!!

IMG_2120.JPG

The Shepards Pie is back on the menu for dinner! YUMMY! But it comes with like Lamb Chops or something - so I just asked for more pie! And Niles had the Fish and Chips!
IMG_2125.JPG

IMG_2127.JPG

Even though EMH were at MK this night, we were tired and did a lot so we headed back to the GF. Also, there was one last bday surprise for my hubby!!

IMG_2137.JPG

(NOTE: for those who get a package with the footprints, I wanted to keep them and they are essentially stickers on the floor floor. So I pulled them up and just put them on a piece of paper. However, the wax paper forms that they come on, are hidden inside another box. Just an FYI since I learned the hard way!)

There is Tinker Bell hiding on the back of the door.

IMG_2138.JPG

IMG_2139.JPG

What is inside the box I wonder??

IMG_2142.JPG

Along with a photo album!!

One the dresser was confetti galore and an autograph book and personalized photo. (For those who read my brief trip report in re: to more of the negative - the autograph book and photo and tag to the box had to be redone. But after a couple of days, it was all sorted out.) Also, in a the Popcorn set, there was a rice crispie bouquet that said WELCOME!

IMG_2144.JPG

And to cap it off - balloons and a Celebrate banner!

IMG_2145.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Oh! And I totally forgot to mention this!! My DH totally surprised me with Mickey earrings when we got back to the GF!!! I love them and have not worn any other earrings since I got them! ha ha :ROFLOL:

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I absolutely love your pictures they are great and the ones from EPCOT are hilarious, haha. :lol: Your trip report is great! :wave:

Thanks! The hat idea made it way more fun then just trying to go around the World! ha ha My friend hat pics are yet to come! :sohappy:

diddy_mouse

Very nice report so far! You guys hit the MK the same direction as my DH and I. :) We *always* ride Pirates first and go around the park from left to right.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
:D:DAmazing!!! What kind of food do they have in El Pirate?( I may have gotten the name wrong!)

They have tacos and taco salad and I think a burritto maybe? I always forget the third thing. But the salad is HUGE! The have a fixings bar where you add your lettuce and cheese and stuff. And then chocolate cake for dessert!! :slurp::slurp::slurp: We like it b/c it is different then the normal burgers and fries and chicken fingers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom