Trip Report Our 2nd Anniversary DREAMy Boardwalk Adventure (Sept. 2015) COMPLETED

We have arrived home from our wonderful Disney vacation, and are ready to start our trip report! I say "our" because my husband has recently joined the forum as MRhappyplace, so he will add contributions (and corrections) as we go along.

We are Amber (age 36) and David (age 45). Our 2nd Anniversary was on August 31, and we honeymooned at Disney in October 2013, so it had been almost 2 years since our last trip. This is us:

Our trip began on Saturday, September 12th. I had to go to work for a few hours to train some staff, and while I was gone, DH took care of packing up the car, getting everything set up for our kitties, and cleaned out the fridge. All that fun stuff. I came home at around noon, and we did all the last-minute things and then we headed out for a couple of stops. We ultimately got on the real road (aka highway-driving from around 45 miles northeast of Atlanta) at around 2:15. Not too shabby.

We weren't heading into the bubble until the following day, Sunday. We added on a hotel stay in Bay Lake, Florida for this Saturday night, so that we could get to the World fairly early, and much less tired on Sunday. After a stop at Chick-fil-a for dinner around 5pm in Perry, GA, we got to the Country Inn & Suites at around 8pm. We were given Room 306, so were quite confused when we stepped off the elevator to this sign:

??? Turns out our room was just behind the elevator. Not a bad room at all, we would stay here again. We went to Steak n' Shake for dinner, then contemplated taking a dip in the indoor pool at the hotel, but there were three older women in there, singing at the top of their lungs, having a good ole time. We didn't feel it necessary to join them :p Went to bed.

Sunday, September 13th:
The continental breakfast was so-so the next morning, but we did have a bit, and were on our way.

We hit a bit of rain, and the skies were all gloomy as at 11:15, we saw in the distance, then passed under the Walt Disney World sign-no amount of rain was gonna bring me down; I did my slap-the-hubby's arm-squeal-clap-bounce thing in the passenger seat!

We pulled into the Boardwalk at 11:25!

Just a little teaser for tonight-will continue more tomorrow evening. Thanks for joining our thread!

Last edited:

DRD

Great pictures! You are becoming a pro with the Canon.

I really appreciated the parade pictures. We were (and maybe still are) on the fence about doing a parade since it's such a good time to do other things, but after seeing that I think we definitely will do it at least once. My smallest one will be thrilled to see all of that.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
Great pictures! You are becoming a pro with the Canon.

I really appreciated the parade pictures. We were (and maybe still are) on the fence about doing a parade since it's such a good time to do other things, but after seeing that I think we definitely will do it at least once. My smallest one will be thrilled to see all of that.
Thanks! Yeah, I am fairly certain they would like the afternoon one better than the nighttime one!

Great Job with the parade photos!
Thanks! I was pleased with how they turned out, and I also liked where the FP location was, since it was a straight shot of down Main Street, with the castle in the background.

Great photos! Following along!
Thank you, and glad you are reading along :)

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday, September 17th

We were heading to Epcot today!

As usual we were up esrly. Early enough that we decided to go for a swim before heading to park open. We walked down to Luna Park Pool to find it being maintained. Aka, not open. So we went to the quiet pool and hot tub near the villas. Felt very nice, there was only one other woman doing laps, so it was very peaceful. Peaceful and very cloudy. We will get back to that.

Anyway, after swimming we showered and headed back out. We of course walked.

There were only like 3 people at the International Gateway entrance; we were there right at 9am. Very empty and easy to get through. I had never entered this way, and was unsure where all we were allowed. The CM on the bridge told us that the France Bakery was open, and that they stop you at Morocco I think. We were interested in trying the schoolbread, and DH thought he had read that it was open at park opening, but this wasn't true.

We planned only on enjoying the empty countries...

Apparently I liked this riverside French scene....

The countries were EMPTY! Though there was one girl getting her senior portraits professionally done there in France.

We could get used to this Disney World without the people...

We did peek in the French Bakery/ store

Everything looked delicious and in retrospect, we probably should have grabbed something there, since we didn't know at that point that the Norway Bakery didn't open until 11.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
We wandered around France some more

We stood on the bridge and used our zoom lens to get some photos of the other countries...

You can see how dark it was getting...

DH finally remembered to wear his pin trading lanyard on this day, and an off-duty CM struck up a conversation with us as we were strolling along. He asked if we wanted to trade, so we said sure. Our very first pin trade! We traded a Sorcerer Mickey for a Mulan.

Great Britain

Customary shot. I must say though, that the inside of the telephone box was very stinky. Like I don't even wanna mention, but it smelled like a shopping mall parking garage stairway.

Last edited:

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
Canada

So then we went around the loop from the other side, no rush, no particular place to be until a later FP. Schoolbread on the brain.

Mexico
IMG_1694_zpsmwagh6vd.jpg

Norway

Like I mentioned earlier, the bakery wasn't open yet, so we headed toward Future World for our FP at Spaceship Earth. We took more pictures on our way

Our futures involved lots of travel!

My FP/ band still gave me an issue, where it said I didn't have a FP but DH did. They let us on Spaceship Earth, but we decided to go to Guest Services and get it straightened out for the day, because I didn't want it screwing up my FP for Soarin. That done, we headed back to Norway. It still wasn't quite open, but we sat in the outdoor seating area and waited. I forget when the rain had started, but I definitely remember it was raining at this point. Nothing too terrible, but definitely raining.

When the bakery opened, we ordered a schoolbread, which was good, but I don't know that its a must do for me each time.

And

which I actually started to eat while we were standing and waiting for the schoolbread, which wasn't ready yet.

Then, though we were still hungry, it was time for our Soarin FP. So back to the Land pavilion.

bcoachable

Loving your report! Your pictures are just the right size, and the more the better I think! I am currently only on page 2, however, I had to stop and fast forward to respond so that I can make a comment about this picture:
IMG_0856_zps0hdgamtj.jpg

This is our families newest friend from Uganda via WDW, Joseph! Joseph found our family while we were doing as you and your Hubby were (wandering around taking pics after a great dinner at Boma's) and struck up the greatest conversation with us. We quickly became BFF's (thanks facebook!) and we think we have him convinced to come hang out with us in our town/state so we can repay his hospitality! Another bit of trivia... today happens to be his birthday!! So fun to stumble upon our new friend on your report!! Anyway, I'm heading back to page 2 and catch up on reading you guys great report!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
Loving your report! Your pictures are just the right size, and the more the better I think! I am currently only on page 2, however, I had to stop and fast forward to respond so that I can make a comment about this picture:
IMG_0856_zps0hdgamtj.jpg

This is our families newest friend from Uganda via WDW, Joseph! Joseph found our family while we were doing as you and your Hubby were (wandering around taking pics after a great dinner at Boma's) and struck up the greatest conversation with us. We quickly became BFF's (thanks facebook!) and we think we have him convinced to come hang out with us in our town/state so we can repay his hospitality! Another bit of trivia... today happens to be his birthday!! So fun to stumble upon our new friend on your report!! Anyway, I'm heading back to page 2 and catch up on reading you guys great report!

Wow, very cool! Although DH and I didn't catch his presentation from the beginning, he was very knowledgeable and good with the kids that were there.

Thanks so much!

Last edited:

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
We were behind this guy in line for Soarin

There was not really anything else we felt we must do in Future World; we chose to even skip our Mission Space FP. Past Imagination,

And back to World Showcase, which was now open. Oh, and it was still raining.
Donald Duck was doing his meet & greets inside the Mexican pavilion.

The mariachi were also inside

DH had never ridden Gran Fiesta (I still call it El Rio de Tiempo, mostly because I IIke the was that rolls off the tongue), so that's what we did. I think we will probably consider a meal at San Angel for next trip, it is just so cool in there.

I really do dislike what they've done to the ride...

Continuing on...China

I hadn't ever been in here to see the tomb soldiers. Very cool.

Germany
We saw that Snow White was out, but she had a line. So I just grabbed a shot in between visitors.

Always have to check out the Christmas shop

Caught a few minutes of the drummers in Japan

Morocco

We decided to be adventurous and try a schwarma platter. Neither of us ever had it before. YUM, I could have eaten one myself! We do wish that you got more bread with it.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
After our meal in the Tangerine Cafe, Morocco, we decided to head back to the resort for a break- it was still raining quite steadily. We both napped, I'm sure.​

When we woke, we decided we were hungry, and so decided to head back into World Showcase. The rain had stopped! DH also surprised me with the idea of after eating at WS, we could go back to Magic Kingdom for Wishes, since I didn't get to do it the day before. What a sweetie!!

We chose the Katsura Grill, where we shared a Beef Teriyaki platter, which was very good.

We enjoyed the quiet little seating area behind the restaurant, and I was able to call and talk to my little 12 year old brother who lives in PA, because I wouldn't be able to on the cruise we were boarding the following day.

Night was beginning to fall...DH took pics while I chatted with my brother.

While walking, we were inadvertently between two families in a disagreement. The first was a family with a mom, dad, and little girl. The second was a man and his wife. The Dad was saying something like "I just asked you to stop taking pictures of my daughter", and the man said something not nice back, and then the Mom stepped in and said "hey, watch your language, she's 5", as they were trying to walk away and leave it at that, but the man kept harassing them about yelling at him, and even the man's wife said "I told him to stop taking the pictures because the girl was in them" It was pretty heated, and part of me wanted to say something passive aggressive out loud to my brother on the phone like "oh hey Zac, guess what, I'm in the middle of an adult fight here at the happiest place on earth" but I'm glad I didnt because this man was sort of aggressive about it.

Anyway, we walked on, putting that altercation out of our minds (just to reiterate, we weren't actually IN it at all, just walking along between the two parties)

Beautiful sunset happening

I wrapped up my call to Zac, but not before I had made him insanely jealous talking up our next purchase. Zac LOVE donuts, and I was explaining cronuts to him. He kept calling it a crodonut. He made me promise next time he goes to WDW with me, that I will get him one. We had to wait for a fresh batch, but it was SO good hot, that we decided that's what we will do everytime!

We ate as we walked closer to the front of the park

Will end there for now, and pick up with our last night at MK, then on to the cruise! (Probably tomorrow, though, as I have a wedding to go to today)

Last edited:

prfctlyximprct

I may have set your pumpkin Mickey photo as my desktop background...

And I have never wanted to try Beaches and Cream as much as I do now! You have made my stomach growl with those photos! Loving your report soooooooo much. :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

catmom46

I'm all caught up now and loving your TR so far! Lots of fabulous pics, plus I like the "he said, she said" thing you've got going on. :D

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
Wow Wow Wow your photos! They are amazing!
Aw, shucks! Thank you so much, and thanks for reading!

I may have set your pumpkin Mickey photo as my desktop background...

And I have never wanted to try Beaches and Cream as much as I do now! You have made my stomach growl with those photos! Loving your report soooooooo much. :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Feel free to use any you want!

I highly suggest it. The food is simple and classic, but very tasty, and the decor is so cute! Thank you!

I'm all caught up now and loving your TR so far! Lots of fabulous pics, plus I like the "he said, she said" thing you've got going on. :D
Ha, thanks, we cooperated on the photos, and I usually sit here in the same room with him when I'm typing so he can help me remember details anyway, but sometimes it's just easier for him to post his thoughts separately. Thanks for reading!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
We were really pushing it time wise, so we just grabbed what standing spot we could for the castle projection show. Not the greatest view, but I was just happy to be there! DH really liked the Wreck It Ralph segment, while I am, of course, partial to the Tangled and Walt Disney parts. Try as I might, I just couldn't get any other even semi-clear photos of the show. But that's alright, sometimes it's nice to just enjoy with your eyes.

We then crossed the Adventureland bridge and moved up closer to the Liberty Square bridge for Wishes.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
After Wishes, I wanted a hot dog from Casey's. I went with the plain dog. I'm a big Pirates fan, so of course had to get a picture of the Pirates mug.

We stood at an outside table to eat the hot dog, and caught the next showing of the castle projection show. We decided we would stay for MSEP, and grabbed a piece of sidewalk that was open. There was a family that arrived later near us, and everyone told the little girl that she could sit up front. Everyone got such a kick out of her, she was adorable. DH had never seen this parade.

I didn't take as many pics of this parade, and there were even fewer than I was happy with.

After the parade, we headed on out...we had to finish up packing and getting ready for checkout tomorrow. Normally very sad for me, and in a way it still was...

...but we weren't going home, we were going on a cruise!!

Thus ends our WDW Portion of the trip report...up next- the Disney Dream!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom