Other than The Rose & Crown...........................

jrogue

I've viewed them from La Hacienda before. Here's a photo of my view:

Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 12.23.29 PM.png

Was seated towards the back of the restaurant, but right next to the window.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Well thanks for all the tips and advice people, it's much appreciated.

As a side note we're booking for the Rose & Crown also for early in the holiday. Whenever I go for reservations on the night Illuminations starts at 9pm, the latest dining reservations I can snag are for 7:20pm. This is when I try the minute a new day opens up so I can't imagine that later times all get taken before I get mine?

The latest time I can search for is 8pm, I'm assuming that they don't want people entering the restaurant after 8pm as they want everyone out of the park after the 9pm performance of Illuminations? We've been there a number of times in the past but as it's been 2 years since we visited it last I can't remember the times I got previously or the windows available then?

daisyduckie

Well thanks for all the tips and advice people, it's much appreciated.

As a side note we're booking for the Rose & Crown also for early in the holiday. Whenever I go for reservations on the night Illuminations starts at 9pm, the latest dining reservations I can snag are for 7:20pm. This is when I try the minute a new day opens up so I can't imagine that later times all get taken before I get mine?

The latest time I can search for is 8pm, I'm assuming that they don't want people entering the restaurant after 8pm as they want everyone out of the park after the 9pm performance of Illuminations? We've been there a number of times in the past but as it's been 2 years since we visited it last I can't remember the times I got previously or the windows available then?

Those times may have been snatched up by people who were booking for trips that started before yours, and took advantage of the 180 + 10 days of booking.

I think you will just fine with a 7:20 time. I can't think of a time where I have had dinner at the Rose & Crown and have been seated on time. Usually there is a bit of a wait.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Those times may have been snatched up by people who were booking for trips that started before yours, and took advantage of the 180 + 10 days of booking.

I think you will just fine with a 7:20 time. I can't think of a time where I have had dinner at the Rose & Crown and have been seated on time. Usually there is a bit of a wait.

Thanks for replying. The other year we did it and I'd booked for 8pm thinking Illuminations started at 9pm (or whatever time it was I thought there was an hour before the fireworks) . We were seated outside with the lake view and then heard the recorded announcement that Illuminations was to start in just 2 hours at 10pm. I thought 'Oh no we can't sit and drag our meal out for 2 hours and others will want this table'. When our server came over (really nice English guy), I told him of my schoolboy error and he said not to worry and we could stay as long as we wanted at the table. He suggested we order drinks and he'd give us 20 mins or so to decide on our main and then he'd tell the chef not to rush. He also gave us loads of time to choose our desert and again didn't rush bringing it. He even then brought us 'complimentary' coffees to enjoy whilst we waited so those 2 hours weren't too bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom