Osceola Interchange/Road Permits

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Jan 28. Not sure photos have been posted elsewhere. Not easy to visualize here, but the original post in this thread is pretty close. The new Hollywood Studios auto entrance is actually right at the intersection of Victory Way and Osceola Parkway. This photo is looking across Victory Way. A large section of trees has been removed from the northwest corner of the intersection, with a new road stretching into the distance in the center of this photo, curving to the right.

IMG_9121.JPG

The below photo is looking north from Osceola Parkway, with the new Hollywood Studios auto entrance in the center of the photo.

IMG_9128.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Mar. 2. The new Hollywood Studios auto entrance at the intersection of Victory Way and Osceola Parkway. This photo was taken heading north on Victory Way. The new entrance road stretches into the distance in the center of this photo, curving to the right. The elevation is being built up with sand. Compare with photo posted above on Jan. 28.

IMG_9242.JPG

There was a South Florida Water Management permit files last week for geo-technical borings related for road construction. I have marked the locations in blue on the map. The lower one is interesting. They haven't filed a permit for the entire new entrance road yet so this leads me to believe they may be re-thinking how the new entrance will work.

Note that I also changed the title of this thread so we can use it for all DHS related road construction discussion.

View attachment 163724
Are we sure this is for road construction? I mean this pretty much points to that mystery building at T-South as well as two possible tower sites for the rumored gondola system. Maybe they were prepping the ground for the towers and clearing the trees and disguise it as road work?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Are we sure this is for road construction? I mean this pretty much points to that mystery building at T-South as well as two possible tower sites for the rumored gondola system. Maybe they were prepping the ground for the towers and clearing the trees and disguise it as road work?

The permit says road construction, but once details of the gondola project surfaced it became clear that this if for that project.

roj2323

Photo update as of Tuesday, August 29. Looking south on Victory Way, the overpass from Osceola Parkway into the new Hollywood Studios entrance is well underway. This is just prior to the existing intersection of Victory Way with Osceola Parkway.

View attachment 225722
Nice! It looks like they will be placing the beams over the road by Halloween. The right abutment is nearly to its final height and the Left is started. The nice thing about the system they are using is it goes up fast. Even the center span support looks to be ready to have the cap poured and it's only 28 days (+/-) after that's poured when they will be able to place the beams. It's too bad the other flyovers are further behind this one or you could have seen traffic on this my mid January.

We should largely see the project completed by March and open (provided the new park access is in place) by May - June.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Nice! It looks like they will be placing the beams over the road by Halloween. The right abutment is nearly to its final height and the Left is started. The nice thing about the system they are using is it goes up fast. Even the center span support looks to be ready to have the cap poured and it's only 28 days (+/-) after that's poured when they will be able to place the beams. It's too bad the other flyovers are further behind this one or you could have seen traffic on this my mid January.

We should largely see the project completed by March and open (provided the new park access is in place) by May - June.

This is consistent with the target dates from the original bid document.

6/15/2018 - Limited access to the new DHS entrance
9/1/2018 - Full access to the new DHS entrance
12/17/2018 - Most work done on the Victory/Osceola portion of the project
11/1/2019 - Work complete on the World Dr portion of the project.

Movielover

Photo update as of Tuesday, January 9, 2018. Structural beams installed on portion of overpass over Victory Way. This view is looking north on Victory Way. The new entrance to Hollywood Studios will be to the driver's left.

View attachment 255456

That's incredible! Who knew that this soon after the Fox merger that Disney would be building a experience based on the movie Speed! This is IP integration at it's best!!!

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

That's incredible! Who knew that this soon after the Fox merger that Disney would be building a experience based on the movie Speed! This is IP integration at it's best!!!
Umm....
nobody has ever witnessed a fast bus at WDW!

How do you integrate "waiting for the wheelchair lift to finish" into the new script?

Last edited:

mm121

A permit was filed today with the South Florida Water Management District for the reconfiguration of the Osceola and Victory Way and Osceola and World Drive interchanges as well as the new entrance ramp to DHS from Osceola and Victory. Work is supposed to begin in August.

View attachment 141152View attachment 141153
Question; how do you exit out to victory way? theres an entrance but i'm not seeing an exit other than the exits that direct to the interstates

Dr.GrantSeeker

Question; how do you exit out to victory way? theres an entrance but i'm not seeing an exit other than the exits that direct to the interstates

Safe to assume the current exit will still be the primary exit once all these road changes are complete. Which would take you to BVD

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom