Orlpassholder's 4 park trip report for 10/11/2003

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Greetings all from the Geek Labs

Another weekend has come and gone and another Saturday spent running through the wonderful world that is Disney Theme parks

We started out Saturday at Animal Kingdom. On a mission to find a pin. Needless to say we found it. Right when we arrived though the rain came. Thankfully it only lasted a few minutes. Just enough to make it muggy :) I stopped and took a look at how Expedition Everest is coming. They are making good progress on it. I didn’t see any workers working on it though I did see a red Dodge 4x4 going through the constructions area heading toward the howler monkey area. Took some pictures for an update

Next was off to MGM I took in the Haunted Mansion set walk through and was only able to sneak one picture. To be honest the sets are nice but the show it self I felt lacked and was very weak. Its basically a coverage of the script of what the movie is going to be about. They did some what technical of how they did the mask and cgi work. Rick Baker is involved so I am happy LOL but all in all its nothing to write home about. They have the set of the ballroom dance scene and fireplace. The DVD will have more info that this did I HOPE. I noticed someone mentioned how it "smelled" when they went through it. This is the exact same smell like is used at Halloween Horror Nights. If I am right it is the paint used on the set.

I did notice some more construction has happened on the New York Street rehab and also for the Stunt show bathroom area. The speederbike is still MIA from the Star Tours Garden area. I think that’s going on a month and half now of not being there.

Third stop was Epcot to see some friends. Pretty much all signs of the media event are gone excluding the trailers out in the parking lot. There is a sign even on the trailers saying media event headquarters sponsored by HP. The crane is still visible but I was unable to get back there to see if anything has changed. I did notice the fountain in the middle of Futureworld seems to be running at low pressure. I am wondering it is going down soon for cleaning???

Last stop was of course the Magic Kingdom to see Wishes and to get pictures. I did not ride Alien Encounter since I had said my goodbyes awhile back. Wishes was of course gorgeous. I did get pictures (of course they dont do it justice) and will be sending them off to Steve. Then the rains came and rain it did. Spectromagic was canceled obviously after the rain so the 9pm parade run didnt happen. FITS did happen for the last time. Which I was able to watch from the Monorail as we started Hotel hopping for the last part of our trip.

Crowds at all 4 parks where good. At the Magic Kingdom I saw a 45 minutes wait for Philharmagic. With Fast Pass being used allot. I am still waiting on a Philharmagic Lanyard for my pins DANG NABIT

I will be out this upcoming Saturday to take in the Food and Wine Festival. Till then enjoy the upcoming week and see you at the parks.

orlpassholder

Original Poster
I did but I do have hopes for the movie. My only big deal is I cant understand why no pictures of the set. We will all see it when it comes out in theaters, and its not like I can reproduce it LOL oh well

Stitch79

We spent Saturday at the MK, the crowds were alot less than I expected after reading some people's past experiences of Columbus Day weekend. I saw Philharmagic for the first time, wow! The way it was done was great but I do agree that some of the characters don't look quite right in 3d. Also, they need to do something about the fastpass queue there. We arrived to use ours and couldn't find the entrance because of the confused people who were half in the standby line/half in the fastpass line and the people who were crowded around the fastpass return waiting to use their fastpasses.
Please, if your fastpass isn't ready yet back off from the entrance!!!

AE looked to have normal lines, you wouldn't know it was the last day for it to be open. Most of the long lines were in Fantasyland as usual, the longest we waited was about 30-40 mins for Space Mountain.

If it wasn't for the torrential rain at the end of the night it would have been a perfect day! We were coming out from dinner at CRT, trying to make our way through the castle to Main Street when the downpour began. We wound up standing at the exit of the castle for 15 mins due to everyone trying to get into the castle to get out of the rain. Anyone who wanted to move in the rain towards Main Street was blocked in by the stroller brigade (they had formed a horizontal blockade across the entrance by then), finally after a couple of shouts from the antsy crowd and the brigade broke up and let us out.

Other than that there wasn't much exciting to report at the MK. Wishes was really good! If you have an opportunity to see it please be sure to see it at least once.

brentley2

Thanks for the update!
How were the crowds?
I have never been in October...but we are going next week, the 23rd-26th..I had heard that it had been more crowded lately...but my understanding is that it's slower in October, like going in February, when we generally go...

careship

I am leaving Thursday and I was questioning the weather also. For those of you who know, please give me a clue. I am coming from Michigan again. It's gotten a bit chilly here again. Wondering about coats or long pants etc. Thanks

he-guy

Originally posted by careship
I am leaving Thursday and I was questioning the weather also. For those of you who know, please give me a clue. I am coming from Michigan again. It's gotten a bit chilly here again. Wondering about coats or long pants etc. Thanks

I am leaving on Thursday too! But coming from Iowa. :)

Lol at Wishes on Saturday night did you happen to see a girl running around like an idiot wearing a Legolas shirt? I got a lil hyper when I realized it was actually Wishes:lol:
That 45 minute wait for Philarmagic you talked about, I was there. Did you see those freaky people, some in Black shirts some in Blue, who kept screaming and chanting the whole time in line? I swear I was so ready to leave after about half an hour of listening to them.:hammer:

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by imagineergurl
Lol at Wishes on Saturday night did you happen to see a girl running around like an idiot wearing a Legolas shirt? I got a lil hyper when I realized it was actually Wishes:lol:
That 45 minute wait for Philarmagic you talked about, I was there. Did you see those freaky people, some in Black shirts some in Blue, who kept screaming and chanting the whole time in line? I swear I was so ready to leave after about half an hour of listening to them.:hammer:

HEHEHE nope sorry I dont think I saw you or your gang. Only people that really caught my eyes where this group of "gotchic" people walking around. Two of the girls had on Manson style shoes the ones with the huge heels that makes them stand about a foot taller than they are. All I could think was wow shes gonna hurt tomorrow walking all day in those shoes

orlpassholder

Original Poster
hmm must just be me it just seemed to be running at low pressure. I didnt stay to see if the show went on. Thanks for the update :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom