Orlando -> Tampa, How Long

CAPTAIN HOOK

I agree with the 60 - 90 minutes. We drove Orlando to St Petes in '99 and we were passing the outskirts of Tampa after about an hour.

SpongeScott

I-4 is a horrible stretch if interstate--very crowded. Traffic will definitely slow you down, depending on the time of day you travel. Get on there EARLY in the morning or after dark and it will be better.

Tigggrl

Bout an hour...I used to live in Sarasota, and it was 2 hours to I drive...I usually did it in about an hour and 15....
BTW I-4 is NOTHING compared to the freeways here in Southern California!

RogueHabit

Original Poster
Well we're staying on I-Drive and will only be going for a day to Busch Gardens.

I'm figuring that we'll hit the morning traffic, so will probably leave about 8am to try and arrive at the park just before opening.

EmeraldDolphin

:goodnevil I must be a speed demon :D I'm tellin' ya... it only took me 45 minutes... BUT there was no traffic... so that's probably the difference?!?!

spinsurgeon

We went there in 2001 and from memory, left around 08:30 from the Wyndham Palms just off the 192. We got there with around 20 minutes to go to opening (at 10:00) so I guess it took us 1 hour 10 mins. We did at least get a good parking spot and were in the park quickly.

Epcot is my fav

I will be making the trip soon......im going to WDW from June 27th till August 18th....then i will be going to school at the University of Tampa.....in September 2002 we made the trip from Orlando to Tampa and it tool 1 hour and 20 minutes.....its a quick trip......

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by EmeraldDolphin
:goodnevil I must be a speed demon :D I'm tellin' ya... it only took me 45 minutes... BUT there was no traffic... so that's probably the difference?!?!

:lol: same here ( but I really am a lead foot :eek: )... I have made that trip a couple of times in 45-50min w/ very light traffic conditions of course :)

Captain Cab

I guess the better questions would be "How much do the traffic cops enforce that stretch of road, and how much slack do they give you for speeding? And, on average, how fast are the local drivers?"

Here in Atlanta our drivers are usually very fast, and it's common to go 85 - 90+ mph in 55 mph zones on I-75. Our interstates aren't usually enforced that heavily, and for most of the time the cops won't pull you over unless you're really hauling @ss (95+ mph).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom