Orlando Residents??

PigletIsMyCat

Amen. I'm looking for houses in the Four Corners area, near Disney, and to me $200k for a 3 bed house is a steal. You couldn't get a crappy condo on Long Island for under $300k. Which is why I live down here now, and not on Long Island.

I feel that if you can deal with the heat in the summer, you'll be fine. And you do acclimatize, so it gets better. I like living this close to the parks, because even though the tourists are annoying sometimes, there's always something to do and we're not in the middle of nowhere. I grew up on Long Island, where you can't walk more than a mile without hitting a 7-11. The attractions area is like that: there's always somewhere to go, something to do, and thigns are open all the time. Except for ChickAFil. That's still closed on Sundays :cry: so I can't get my shake on.

I wouldn't want to live any closer to the ocean than I do now. We can drive to Daytona in about an hour if we wanted to, but I like being a little further inland because we're a little more protected in the event of a hurricane. We've only been here about 10 months, and Disney hasn't worn off even a little bit (even after working there). My friends moved down here three years ago after they got married, and they still love to go to Disney all the time. And, it's easy to afford going to Disney when you live here because all you have to do is get into the park. You can eat breakfast at home, then maybe get a snack in the park or lunch - or even bring a bag lunch - and be home for dinner. We have gone to the parks spending nothing more than about $10, and that's because I HAD to have a pin! We're actually going tomorrow, and we were there on Easter Sunday. Now that we're AP holders, we go all the time - even just for a meal or a ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom