Orlando Amtrak to cruise ship

magicwand

Original Poster
I am planning a land and sea trip for 2016 for my "big" birthday. Does anyone know a good way to get from the Orlando train station to the port? Has anyone ever done this? My plan is to arrive by train, go on the Disney cruise (any ship) and then go to the either the Wilderness Lodge or the Poly (depending on construction issues). I am aware that it will take about an hour to get to the port from the train station. Any ideas?

wogwog

I am planning a land and sea trip for 2016 for my "big" birthday. Does anyone know a good way to get from the Orlando train station to the port? Has anyone ever done this? My plan is to arrive by train, go on the Disney cruise (any ship) and then go to the either the Wilderness Lodge or the Poly (depending on construction issues). I am aware that it will take about an hour to get to the port from the train station. Any ideas?
Google any of the major airport shuttles for Orlando, one or more of them should be able to take you. An hour sounds like about enough time but depending on the time of day I would want another half hour in the plan if you arrive during Orlando rush hour in the AM. Amtrak is near downtown Orlando. Traffic is getting worse here. Darn tourists.

Captain Hank

I will warn you--in my experience train service in this area is extremely unreliable. I have yet to experience an Amtrak train in central Florida that was less than 1 hour late. Your mileage may vary, but budget extra time.

rick3236

Captain Hank is right. My Mother travels by train to Orlando all the time to visit us form South Florida. She travels to the Winter Park Amtrak station which is the next station after Orlando and she usually runs anywhere from 30 - 90 minutes late consistently. It depends on the day of the travel, and the time. So I would be wary of travelling on your cruise day or if you have to be sure to account for delays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom