Original Epcot Center Model

montyz81

Original Poster
Does anyone know where this model is? Would love to go see it. I am not talking about Walts original concept for EPCOT. I am talking about the one they used to build the park. I think it was out during the 25th anniversary. I haven't heard of where it has been kept since. Anyone know?

Marc Gil

I don't know if it is the original but there is model of the Epcot concept for a city on the Peoplemover at the MK.
That is what's left of the original model. A portion of the original model stills exists within the Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover when you enter the Stitch's Great Escape show building. It's no longer a moving model, the once moving pieces are now stagnant. It's still a neat thing to see when your on the Peoplemover.

Marc Gil

Does anyone know where this model is? Would love to go see it. I am not talking about Walts original concept for EPCOT. I am talking about the one they used to build the park. I think it was out during the 25th anniversary. I haven't heard of where it has been kept since. Anyone know?
I think there is a small model inside One Man's Dream Exhibit, but it's not the original, at least I don't think it is. I am talking about EPCOT Center the park rather than EPCOT the city.

lazyboy97o

I do not recall a park model being on display in the 25th Anniversary museum. I only recall the model of Spaceship Earth that was borrowed from One Man's Dream.

Rob562

I believe the OP was talking about this model (or one of the ones like it).

2167542892_c38be5b9cd_z.jpg

I would presume that if the model still exists, it's in a WDI or Disney Archives warehouse somewhere in California.

-Rob

montyz81

Original Poster
I believe the OP was talking about this model (or one of the ones like it).

2167542892_c38be5b9cd_z.jpg

I would presume that if the model still exists, it's in a WDI or Disney Archives warehouse somewhere in California.

-Rob
thats the one. I believe I got a chance to see that in a preview in the emporium in the Magic Kingdom in 1981. I am curious if it is out on display somewhere. I thought it was out at the 25th anniversary sorry my mistake.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Last I heard, the one for Backstage Magic was still in the upper level of Innoventions East. Its very similar if not the same one.

topher

How much fun would it be to go treasure hunting through those archive warehouses? I can't begin to imagine how many treasures we would find.

The Empress Lilly

thats the one. I believe I got a chance to see that in a preview in the emporium in the Magic Kingdom in 1981. I am curious if it is out on display somewhere. I thought it was out at the 25th anniversary sorry my mistake.
If my memory serves me correct, it was on display on the opposite end of Town Square, in The Walt Disney Story. (Yes kids, back when MS had actual attractions instead of only shops).

Dunno what happened next with the model.

Rob562

25th Anniversary was most likely a model(s) for Animal Kingdom, which was under construction at that point.

-Rob

montyz81

Original Poster
For anyone on the inside, can you locate this model? Would love to go see it. Man, I think I am turning into an Epcot Center junkie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom