Original Disneyland sketch by Herb Ryman is going to auction

dweezil78

The vellum sketch?
I have no clue, as I have never attended D23, and have never heard of it being displayed there. Although, of course, it very well could have been, and it would be cool if Disney still had possession of it, and we're taking the best care if it. :)

Pretty sure it (or at least one of it's 'original' iterations) was displayed back in 2013 at the Imagineering exhibit... they had a series of originals you had to walk through some blacked out rooms where they would turn lights on so you could see the art so no direct light was hitting it throughout the day. Was pretty cool!

Old Mouseketeer

Pretty sure it (or at least one of it's 'original' iterations) was displayed back in 2013 at the Imagineering exhibit... they had a series of originals you had to walk through some blacked out rooms where they would turn lights on so you could see the art so no direct light was hitting it throughout the day. Was pretty cool!

I have a similar recollection, but fuzzy, as well. I want to say it was the original vellum because there was something unique and rare about it. But I'm not sure.

View attachment 206030 So this is sitting upstairs in my house...and I have been trying to get rid of it for 2 years.

xfxIzv-hLtIp3xER0AZldfi3onrqBh3SSuUxVhcM_FyuGSAfiZ5lKcIy_sYoH7JVuyxRFpzZNcQGOGm4V-khs1qzL9dwku_a8CUB1abSmoxNVB8CnTGzzBBsxFtCTSe9EFWwXGSQdZoZveJVTh9i7PcrhdNCABk_MLOx0Q_TCGuofVqNqK40Uu9okwsDVZ-WaPySXt-CRIkEtkoCzRGJM39kvB6RwIsACvThXrz830SINWXSZ7MwuL6i6Yzs70rgbmYo5bxppWd7Y2F-TdxPk3BHiqDcvNtF5MELYUdY8Xv1ly7-MKeLj1rcckmZWwrfg1G_HlwMQx97ehkzEltR-0SsqvpMTk5LtYfeYCTyUVMx9EHJ9407DkeLh_DZRyuqLdx2nS9wGehsmyCf5Q0xr0SnZLC4_jZFTEfJisC9qSRXqn4DBGIUpBk1pflXqtTztf6HASzt1dutKQNcYi0e3Iyk0Y_373e4HrDm8s3hZt9sFROmreeOXcWuGwm00HDVTzuYNtvXoe-ah1D4WX68uOE3PEgpNc--tXSxZfjDQcUZA9mAf95LE_a_Mj9ZpjrYaBdH7NNtZVfSb76Uo5HhtaLPvpcHag3J560XqziSlxxb34Dg9Yw4kg=w1078-h808-no
Funny you should post that! So I was actually at the auction this past weekend for the map in question. One of the other auction items was one of these entertainment centers exactly like you have from the hotel with the disney map on it. It ended up going for $1400. Soooo you may be able to get a pretty penny for it if you wanted. :greedy:

Miceberg

Funny you should post that! So I was actually at the auction this past weekend for the map in question. One of the other auction items was one of these entertainment centers exactly like you have from the hotel with the disney map on it. It ended up going for $1400. Soooo you may be able to get a pretty penny for it if you wanted. :greedy:
I wish! It's a really nice "collectible", but it's quite large. DD is the one who bought it, but it didn't fit in her place so I kind of reluctantly inherited it until it fits somewhere else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom