Organising digital scrapbooking resources

Hobbes130

Original Poster
I have seen several discussions on scrapbooking forums about organising craft rooms and how to store physical scrapbooking resources but I have never seen anyone discuss the sotrage of digital items.

I am beginning to amass quite a collection, currently they are all stored on an external hard drive. I have all the kits in folders but I am recently started the task of also copying and pasting the papers into colour folders (red, yellows, blues etc) and I am doing the same thing with ribbons so that I can mix and match. I also have an alphabet folder too for all my lettering and an embellishment folder. It is getting to the stage where these need to be sorted in some kind of way as well.

I would love to hear what all you digital ladies do to see if I can pick up some tips and good ideas :)

Disneyfalcon

My system is not great. I've got folders for everything. All different types of embellishments - flowers, buttons, brackets, etc. Then a folder of alphabets.

My folder of papers is getting too big! I might break it into colors soon.

Hobbes130

Original Poster
Thanks Fran you are so organised - I really need to sort another system.

I was very organised yesterday though I sorted all our family photos into their years and months so that I am ready to go back and scrap the last 8 years worth of pictures that are just sitting on my pc!! This is going to be a busy year!

minnie2000

I keep all my digital kits in folders by designer, or where i bought or downloaded them from.

I also have another folder, where I copy the preview page of each kit, so that I can see all kits on one page. This way I can browse through them all (I like the browse feature on photoshop for that) find what I like and then go and open it up to use.

Fran98765

Some designers do this already, but many don't... but if you rename the preview "folder" then it will show on the folder in the parent directory (one directory above where you are) in windows explorer. This is very helpful to me to find kits to use as I can see them all together in each directory.

mouselvrmom

I organize all my kits etc. by designer. I find that once you get to know that designer, it makes it easy to know that you want something by so and so, so if it's all alphabetical by designer it's easy to find.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom