Ordering out from property

HollyAD

Original Poster
Has anyone ordered anything delivery from off property? I was thinking about doing this on our next trip. We are staying at AoA and would like some pizza deliver (not the resort one). Any experience with this? I keep hearing about Flipperz. I am open to anything that is not a scam. I have heard about the scam flyers too!

Tater48

I would go with the more "reputable" companies, like Domino's, Papa Johns and Pizza Hut and try to steer clear of the ones that have been linked to scams, like Brooklyn Pizzeria, Isabella Pizza, Eddy's Pizza & Wings, Orlando Pizza, Two Italians and any others that change their names often.

NiarrNDisney

I would go with the more "reputable" companies, like Domino's, Papa Johns and Pizza Hut and try to steer clear of the ones that have been linked to scams, like Brooklyn Pizzeria, Isabella Pizza, Eddy's Pizza & Wings, Orlando Pizza, Two Italians and any others that change their names often.

Good Call! Also if you are ordering something besides pizza you may want to ask the front desk or concierge for suggestions. My friend and I were staying at the DTD Doubletree resort, ordered Chinese food and it took the driver over an hour to get are order to us.

gooftroop5

We order pizza once every trip from Papa John's. They have never delivered directly to our room. They always call when they are on their way and tell you where they will meet you. At OKW they will come to our building, but we have to meet them in the parking lot. At AKV they met us in the lobby. WDW hasn't had any problems with it. We use the Papa John's app so we earn points towards a free pizza.

Go with a national chain and you should be fine.

HollyAD

Original Poster
Yes I plan to do a chain. I just didn't know how it works when you stay on property. Sounds like they have different rules per resort on where they meet you.

SAV

We did order offsite pizza one day and as much as I think it is bad pizza, we went with Papa John's to be safe. I had a car, so I went to get it myself not knowing how the delivery would go.

We did stay off-site for part of the stay and heard good things about Flippers as well.

fugawe09

I would vote Flippers as the best pizza joint in the Lake Buena Vista area. It's filled with Disney office types at lunch every day if that is any indication. It is possibly a little slower than some of the national chains but I think worth it. And definitely do not call any numbers from buckslips under your door or on your car. You will find that most of these numbers can't be dialed from your room phone for good reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom