Orange Lake Resorts

jeffk410

haha my speciality. No exaggeration I have been there every february for like 12 years. I own two timeshares there and let me tell you the new River island is amazing. Like request to get in there. The pool facilities are amazing. the dining is nice. the rooms are really nice especially in river island, plasma tvs all very spacious. the 2 bedrooms are nice. A lot of rooms have been renovated also. Very very nice resort and the land actually touches animal kingdom.

denarose

Original Poster
We were staying in the river area but ended up moving over the east village because our friends need a 3 room villa. Figured it was fine...may not even have time to use the water park all that much and November could be a bit cooler. Thanks so much for you input!

jeffk410

They also renovated a lot of east. Everywhere is pretty nice at the moment, but I would say river Island rooms are still the nicest, but honestly you can not go wrong there. I am a huge fan and would recommend it to anyone.

LadyDarling

I'm so glad someone posted this!!!!

My best friend and I are headed there this December! We're wondering how we're going to get to and from the parks in the most economical fashion possible. Rental cars are looking like over $300 for the week (12/1-12/8), so there has GOT to be something better! We already have dining ADRs and MVMCP tickets.

What's our best bet? One of our dining ADRs is PRIOR to EPCOT's opening time (Princess character breakfast). The gal we spoke w/ on the phone said there are shuttles, but wasn't helpful on where they pick up, drop off, how often they run, or what they cost (if anything).

Any help would be much apperciated! (We're totally for Ride sharing with another guest too! We'll pay for parking if someone has 2 extra car seats! )

elisatonks

lynx bus 55 runs from a stop accross the road to the TTC, dunno if this helps. (i usually get stuck behind it every time i drive into WDW. lol)

jeffk410

ah. Lady Darling how was it if you have been already?
and aren't you one of the contributors to Celebrations magazine?

LadyDarling

Review!

Hi Jeff (and others!)
Yup - that's me! I do the Disneyland column for Celebrations. Best job ever!

My friend and I stayed in the West Village area and ended up getting set up with Platinum Transportation while we were there. They were very prompt and friendly and stayed with us for the whole week. We calculated in the cost of a cab and it would have factored into about the same. Renting a car would have been more expensive.
We surprised our driver by being pretty knowledgable about the property before hand! For example, we'd have breakfast at a resort so we'd have him drop us off there, and then we'd use Disney transportation from there. Since we were there. While we know that it's intended for Disney Resort guests, we made sure to spend money at the resort so we felt we could justify it, even though we couldn't afford to stay on property.
From the LACK of crowds, I don't think Disney minded one bit. They were definately hurting that week! But it was great for us! We waited in 1 line all week long!

LadyDarling

Nope. We didn't really explore the resort much however, their pizza delivery was good! lol

I would suggest that anyone who stay here RENT A CAR if you plan on exploring anywhere outside of your room. The shuttles were EXTREMELY inconvient. We would have had to walk over a block just to get to the resort shuttle to get us to the front gate. The car service was a LIFE SAVER.

jeffk410

Haha. Yeah the shuttles their are terrible. We always rent a car, but the resort is huge. They have done a lot to it. Pizza is good, but at times can be slowwwww.

sanaj2000

Been Staying at Orange Lake since 1988. Love this resort. I highly recommend it. Beautiful grounds, great pools, and friendly staff. And the rooms are generally clean. They are very accomadating.

CharliNye

We were given a timeshare there as a gift for this september. Taking the family there. I haven't been to WDW since late 70's!! So I'm super excited to take my kids out there for their first time.

I'm really looking forward to Orange Lake resort. The place looks and sounds fantastic. Can you tell me, just how close it is to Magic Kingdom? I was curious as to the proximity and if it's a smart idea to bring the car there or do they offer any time of transportation service to the park from the resort!

Any information would be much appreciated! Thank You!

gljvd

We were given a timeshare there as a gift for this september. Taking the family there. I haven't been to WDW since late 70's!! So I'm super excited to take my kids out there for their first time.

I'm really looking forward to Orange Lake resort. The place looks and sounds fantastic. Can you tell me, just how close it is to Magic Kingdom? I was curious as to the proximity and if it's a smart idea to bring the car there or do they offer any time of transportation service to the park from the resort!

Any information would be much appreciated! Thank You!

My parents bought time share at Orange lake when I was 3. I've been going down to orange lake almost once a year now and I'm 28. This year i will be down there 3 times (already went in january , going in june and then in sept)

The back fences go up to animal kingdom , your basicly a mile or less from the magic kingdom. If you get tricked into going on the time share sell tour you will at one point go to a penthouse and if you go outside you can see the epcot globe and mount everest . Its pretty cool.

The place itself has good resturants , beautiful pools , mini golf , a lake and all types of stuff to keep you happy , but I sugest having a car with you. It makes it much easier and faster to get to disney plus there are alot of fun things on the highway to do between the resort and disney.

LadyDarling

It took us about 45-1 hour to get to the magic Kingdom from the Orange Lakes resort. We ended up hiring a private car for the week. Cost about as much as a rental would have anyway.

gljvd

It took us about 45-1 hour to get to the magic Kingdom from the Orange Lakes resort. We ended up hiring a private car for the week. Cost about as much as a rental would have anyway.

Lol what ? They go on 192 towards rt 4 ?

here is a tip , next time your at orange lake tell them to take Entry point Road. Its the old entrance to the parks and I've never seen any traffic there. It pops you out right by Animal Kingdom.

I was just there a week and a half ago . No problems at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom