Optimal MK Fireworks Spot

Raineman

Original Poster
So, I am a newbie on here, and have only been to WDW a couple of times, and I apologize if this has been discussed to death on here, but...if you stick around MK for the nightly fireworks, and you want to get very up close and personal with every blast, the best spot is the area behind the castle, between the Princess Fairytale Hall and the Prince Charming Carousel. Alot of the fireworks are shot from the buildings right in front of you, and the music is easy to hear. Also, this area is usually alot less crazy than the area in front of the castle when the show is over and everyone starts dispersing. The only complaint I had was that the pavement is kinda hard on the butt after sitting through the whole show lol.

PhotoDave219

So, I am a newbie on here, and have only been to WDW a couple of times, and I apologize if this has been discussed to death on here, but...if you stick around MK for the nightly fireworks, and you want to get very up close and personal with every blast, the best spot is the area behind the castle, between the Princess Fairytale Hall and the Prince Charming Carousel. Alot of the fireworks are shot from the buildings right in front of you, and the music is easy to hear. Also, this area is usually alot less crazy than the area in front of the castle when the show is over and everyone starts dispersing. The only complaint I had was that the pavement is kinda hard on the butt after sitting through the whole show lol.

It all depends on what you like and what you want to see.

I've seen this show from every land, every resort and just about every ride you can think of.

Its different for everyone.

belledream

We caught this by surprise during our last trip and it was indeed a very magical moment! This is why multiple nights in MK are completely necessary - so you can watch Wishes from all different places! I do still love seeing Cinderella Castle in my direct line of sight with the fireworks serving as the backdrop the most though.

Raineman

Original Poster
It all depends on what you like and what you want to see.

I've seen this show from every land, every resort and just about every ride you can think of.

Its different for everyone.

I do have to add that this would not be the best spot if you have neck issues, as you spend alot of time looking straight up or even behind you. I am looking forward to my next trip to WDW to find another vantage point to watch Wishes.

mousehockey37

I agree with @PhotoDave219, the "optimal" spot is different for everyone. For some it's sitting on the deck at the Train station, others its being in the Hub, some behind the Castle, maybe in the Top of the World lounge or at the boat dock at the TTC.. There's plenty more places to list...

mouse_luv

Might I add, that if you don't like being hit with firework shell debris then that's not always the best place to stand. I don't care so sometimes I stand there if Wishes is happening and I am back in that general area. Also, if you are there on or near the 4th of July when they do the special fireworks show, it doesn't matter where you stand because it's a mad house and super crowded (as in, you can't freaking move crowded).

bigorangeandy

I always enjoyed sitting at the Tomorrowland Terrace before they started having the dessert party. I sat in the FP+ Wishes viewing area last month, and it was very relaxing for viewing. We watched last week from Coronado Springs building 3, couldn't hear the music, but could see all the higher shells. The best part of that was the 30 foot walk back to my room when it ended.

PhotoDave219

Might I add, that if you don't like being hit with firework shell debris then that's not always the best place to stand. I don't care so sometimes I stand there if Wishes is happening and I am back in that general area. Also, if you are there on or near the 4th of July when they do the special fireworks show, it doesn't matter where you stand because it's a mad house and super crowded (as in, you can't freaking move crowded).

I've seen this show literally from everywhere you can see it from including 429 & Florida's turnpike.

My best was 8 nights in a row for the 4th of July show a few years back for Martin...

Anyways. There are plenty of fantastic out of the way spots. Like Liberty Square by the boat. In front of Mermaid is nice as well. Same with Mansion.

Now I haven't seen them from Trader Sam's yet with a beverage in my hand yet.

yet.

Raineman

Original Poster
Is it possible to see them from some of the more southernmost resorts, like Art Of Animation, All Star Movies, etc? We were staying at AOA but did not think to look towards the MK on the nights we were not at MK for Wishes.

Dj Corona

I've seen them from many different spots as well, and if your OK with not needing the castle as a backdrop, one of the spots my family and I kind of like is in Tomorrowland, right in the area between the Autopia and Space Mountain....it's from a completely different angle, but you can see the entire show without being on top of somebody, and not having to strain your neck, either.

thomas998

Is it possible to see them from some of the more southernmost resorts, like Art Of Animation, All Star Movies, etc? We were staying at AOA but did not think to look towards the MK on the nights we were not at MK for Wishes.

Not really possible from some resorts at all... When staying at AKL I don't recall ever seeing any... At Caribbean Beach you could see the glow of them and hear them over some trees and maybe catch a glimpse of some of the ones that went higher... at the Cabins in Fort Wilderness you could hear them where we were but couldn't see them at all... I think it also depends on where you are at a particular resort... I think at Fort Wilderness you might have seen something if you had bothered to go to the northern most area, but at AKL I don't think it would have mattered where you went.

mergatroid

Had a really interesting view of the whole of Disney from a room at the Marriott World Centre hotel. Was about 15 floors up and could see all the parks (just) and resorts at Disney. MK seemed the furthest away but you could make out the Contemporary and the castle just about. At night time it became very interesting watching the various firework shows at different time intervals whilst sitting on the balcony having an ice cold beverage :cool:

I made the mistake of going to Magic Kingdom once on fourth of July. Was too excited about Disney to remember to double check the dates. Never. Again.

toasty

We always make sure we see it once per trip "as intended," with the castle as a backdrop, but once we've done that, we love catching the fireworks from Fantasyland. Love the sensation of having the fireworks going off all around you.

Bairstow

Two areas I'd recommend:

1. Northwest fire escape of the Contemporary Resort.

IMG_20141022_220309_580.jpg

2. The bridge to the Be Our Guest restaurant.

Beast-Castle-Fireworks-Magic-Kingdom2.jpg

ItlngrlBella

I've seen this show literally from everywhere you can see it from including 429 & Florida's turnpike.

My best was 8 nights in a row for the 4th of July show a few years back for Martin...

Anyways. There are plenty of fantastic out of the way spots. Like Liberty Square by the boat. In front of Mermaid is nice as well. Same with Mansion.

Now I haven't seen them from Trader Sam's yet with a beverage in my hand yet.

yet:):).

That is my plan for July 18th. No park tickets - just paying to access the property (park at TTC and take monorail over) and enjoy them with the most obnoxious tiki-ed out drink on the menu.

A CM told me you can see the foreworks from the deck. I'm hoping he's right or us girls will be disappointed.

@akayw0718 you should join us! You'll be on my tab - want to thank you for hooking up Goofy for my friend's family - the military Purple Heart family. Girls night!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom