Opinions: Poly vs Contemporary

olinecoach61

Hi everyone,
We are struggling with where to stay during our trip next summer. Normally we consider our home resort to be the poly but the construction is causing apprehension. After looking at tikimans web page it seems that the pool and GCH should be completed. We've looked into bay lake tower and the contemporary but basically decided that if we go to the contemporary it will be in a cheaper garden wing. So please share your opinion on where you would stay.

DisneyDebNJ

Here's my take on this ... I am a HUGE Poly fan. Even staying there this October/November. (so I may be bias) But.. you love the Poly, but next summer most should be complete. You may be very pleased with the changes (that's my positive thought process working there) The Contemporary is a gorgeous resort, but a different *feel* than the Poly. I always thought, the Poly was more relaxed. In my very honest opinion, I would hold off in deciding right now, check with @tikiman webpage for updates.. then decide

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

I think they are like night and day.
If theme is important to you or spending time at the pool and relaxing at your hotel, I would pick the WL. But if the monorail is important to you then I say go with Bay Lake Tower or Grand Floridian Villas on rented DVC points.

Upvote 0

BrianV

Poly has far better access, IMHO. Monorail to mk AND monorail to Epcot. (Walking a very short distance to TTC for the latter). Contemporary has walking to mk, however, which is great after the fireworks to not have to wait in line.

Assuming those are the only options you are considering, I would choose contemporary if construction at poly is still ongoing. If done, I'd stay at poly.

Upvote 0

olinecoach61

Original Poster
Thanks for your help everyone, we have basically eliminated all the other resorts. It's just a matter of the poly or contemporary. We do really enjoy the theming of the poly, it wraps you in the magic. I welcome any other opinions. We really want to be on the monorail line with the kids.

Upvote 0

Wildflower

We switch between the two depending on rates really. Theming at Poly is better but I love being able to walk to/from the Contemp and MK. Monorail to Epcot is only one stop & transfer away so not bad either...as an aside, I THINK I read that the more pleasant walkway from Poly to TTC is closed (sidewalk to the outside is open?) - not sure when that will be done if it makes a difference. At Contemp, we do the Garden Wing as well as it's less expensive and the rooms are the same (it's a tiny bit longer walk from there but not enough to make a real difference). Will be at Poly next month in spite of construction and Contemp in Dec :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom