Opinions on my daily plans/FP times

DisneyDreamer08

Hi everyone. Our FP window opens on Monday. I *think* I have our daily plans completed. I like to map out a plan ahead of time so we don't waste time criss crossing the park and/or looking at a map trying to decide what to do next. I've been having some trouble deciding on specific times for our FPs so I was hoping I could get some opinions?
This trip is myself, husband, 5 year old daughter, 1 year old daughter, and my parents. Some of our days are short on purpose to accommodate pool time. We have the QS dining plan, and BTMRR and Dinosaur are closed while we are there.
Here is what I have:

Saturday- MK day 1 of 3
8am appointment at BBB
Peter Pan
Small World
Under The Sea
Meet Ariel
FP 1-Mine Train @10am
Winnie the Pooh
Tea Cups
FP 2- Cindy & Aurora @ 11am
Lunch ADR at 11:45 at BOG
FP 3- Enchanted Tales with Belle @ 12:30
Carousel
Philharmagic
Tiana & Rapunzel
Maybe Parade or Stage Show if time allows and kids aren't cranky

Sunday- AK
8am Tusker House ADR
Safari
Gorilla Falls
FP 1- Lion King show @10am
Rafiki's Planet Watch
Flights of Wonder
Jungle Trek
TriceraTop Spin
FP 2- Everest at 2:30 (me and the hubs only, parents will play with kids in the Boneyard)
FP 3- Nemo Show @ 4pm
Meet Russell/Dug & Pocahontas
(lunch options are Harambe Market, Yak & Yeti QS or Flame Tree. I wasn't sure where we would be when we got hungry)

Monday- Epcot day 1 of 2
Test Track
FP 1- Frozen ride @ 9:30am
Meet Anna and Elsa
explore WS/ Food & Wine
Gran Fiesta at some point
FP 2- Spaceship Earth on our way out 2pm??
Maybe Disney Springs that night

Tuesday- MK day 2 of 3
Dumbo
Barnstormer
Pete's SS characters
maybe Merida
FP 1- Speedway @ 10:30am
Monsters Inc
FP 2- Buzz @ 11:30am
Arstro Orbiter
TTA
FP 3- Space Mountain @ 1pm
Lunch at some point at Cosmic Rays
rest at hotel
Wishes at 8pm

Wednesday- DHS
arriving after rope drop due to the previous late night
FP 1- Toy Story 10am
Voyage of the LM
Disney Jr Characters
Disney Jr Live on Stage
Lunch on Sunset BLVD
Beauty and the Beast show 1pm
meet Olaf
FP 2- Frozen sing along @ 2:30pm
Muppet Vision
kids go back to hotel with grandparents, hubs and I stay
FP 3- Tower of Terror @4pm
Rock and Roller Coaster (hopefully stand by isn't too long)
Star Tours (ditto)
Launch Bay
Hop to MK, ride Splash/Space & enjoy a date night!

Thursday- MK day 3 of 3
Magic Carpets
Pirates
Tiki Room
FP 1- Jungle Cruise @ 10am? I can't remember how long Tiki is
Country Bears
FP 2- Splash @ 11am?
Train
Lunch at Pecos Bill or Harbor House
FP 3- Haunted Mansion 1:30pm?
Parade/stage show/meet Tink at some point

Friday- Epcot Day 2
Meet Joy & Sadness
Seas Pavilion/ Nemo ride & Crush show
FP 1- Soarin' @ 11am??
FP 2- Living with Land 12? (now that this is a tier 2, we could try to time Soarin' for 11:30ish so LwL opens up when we get off?)
World Showcase for lunch and to finish up anything from our previous Epcot day
FP 3- Journey into Imagination @ 3pm on our way out?

Saturday- this is our last day, I am not scheduling anything this day so we can go back and do anything we missed, didn't have time for, or simply want to do again. DME will be picking us up around 3:30pm

If you read alllllll of this- thanks so much!!!

bpadair32

I think it sounds like a good plan. My only suggestion would be to consider not using the FP for Nemo at AK and book a FP for the safari in the afternoon. We have often done a standby safari in the morning before the lines get long and then done it again with a FP later in the day. You see different animals and different activity levels depending on the time of day and you really don't need a FP for Nemo.

Upvote 0

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
I think it sounds like a good plan. My only suggestion would be to consider not using the FP for Nemo at AK and book a FP for the safari in the afternoon. We have often done a standby safari in the morning before the lines get long and then done it again with a FP later in the day. You see different animals and different activity levels depending on the time of day and you really don't need a FP for Nemo.

That's a great idea, thanks. Yeah we had a FP last time for both Nemo & Lion King and it ended up being pretty useless. Both theaters weren't full. Other than Everest & Dinosaur (if it was open) there isn't much you need a FP for at AK. Unless you going during a super busy time of course.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

I think your plans look amazing! I would just remember to be flexible while there. Don't be disappointed if you don't get to everything on your list, but it does look like a great plan!

Upvote 0

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
I think your plans look amazing! I would just remember to be flexible while there. Don't be disappointed if you don't get to everything on your list, but it does look like a great plan!

Thank you! On our last trip, our daughter was 3 (almost 4) so there were definitely times we had to alter our plans :) I like having a game plan though (you kind of have to now anyway with FP+), it helps with the flow of the day and it was helpful to pull out the list throughout the day and cross things off while deciding what else we could do. Then at the end of the day, we could look at the list to help with our plan for the rest of the week.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Thank you! On our last trip, our daughter was 3 (almost 4) so there were definitely times we had to alter our plans :) I like having a game plan though (you kind of have to now anyway with FP+), it helps with the flow of the day and it was helpful to pull out the list throughout the day and cross things off while deciding what else we could do. Then at the end of the day, we could look at the list to help with our plan for the rest of the week.

Sounds like you know EXACTLY what you're doing! Good for you!! We usually plan our FP and then wing it, but I like having a better idea of what we're going to do AROUND the FP and then just being flexible, which is exactly what you're going to do! Thanks for that. Maybe I'll be a little bit more specific planning out our non-FP rides for our next trip just as a formality! Lol

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom