Opinions on DVC Rental Sites

Scott Cohen

Original Poster
I'm starting to research for our family's next trip to Disney and wanted to get other members' opinions between two DVC rental sites, David's Vacation Club and DVC Rental Store. I just got back from my latest trip to Disney where I used David's and was very pleased with there service. I was all set to go back until I took a look at the site for the DVC Rental Store. I noticed that they don't ask for payment of the full balance right away and I would have up until 45 days before the trip to pay. Does anyone have experience with these two sites and which would you recommend? I'm still leaning towards David's just because my experience was seamless and couldn't have been happier but wanted to get other members' thoughts before I made my decision. Maybe there are additional pros and cons of each that I hadn't thought of.

MotherofaPrincessLover

I'm currently working with David's. I think the reason I went with them was because it was cheaper per point. You can use PayPal credit to pay David's which will give you 6 months no interest financing.

DMDJ232

I have used The DVC Rental Store in the past and have a reservation booked with them now and have a request in for a second one. My family has also used them and they have been great to work with! All smooth transactions and great customer service when you have ANY questions!

slappy magoo

Never used either one, but made some inquiries to David's once. I'm a DVC member and was thinking about renting points to add a night to a trip. My questions were answered promptly and cordially. The only reason I wound up not using David's had nothing to do with their company, but rather the pricing structure of 1BR units. Long story short(ish), renting points can indeed save you some coin on studio units and 2BR units, but savings seem dicier on 1BR units. Reason - if you're using points, a 1BR uses close to twice as many points as a studio in the same resort, same view, same season and days. But if you're paying out of pocket, that room will not cost twice as much money, nowhere near it. Plus you have the possibilities of seasonal or other discounts; in my case, DVC members can book a DVC room for cash and get a discount comparable to an annual passholder discount. What I paid direct to Disney was comparable to what I would have paid to rent points from David, but then I also got Mousekeeping for that one day in cash once I "checked out" and back in to the same resort and room (they managed to link reservation numbers and we did not have to move). So if you are renting, just do your homework and explore any discounts that might be available, especially if you're considering a 1BR unit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom