Operating hours reduced for A Pirate's Adventure Treasures of the Seven Seas

Kman101

They're not dumping it, just reducing operating hours. I always one or two bored cast members standing outside where you go to sign up for it.

Goofnut1980

Whoa...Whoa...whoa...whoa.......This thing still open? I'm surprised they didn't reduce the hours form Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom yet....Is that game also busy to play still?

The problem with Sorcerer's is they never expanded to TL or NFL. So everyone is in four parts of the park only.

This is something I do not understand with Disney. They have something but every year or two they could easily come up with a new story... Have it an entry project for new Imagineers.

I had been saying this about Mission Space for years... There is nothing wrong with the attraction in terms of the equipment, but a video is easier to refresh than tearing down and rebuilding a whole attraction.

Bairstow

Wow, that stinks. A lot of the little effects scenes are enhanced by activated lighting that's only really visible after sunset.

I wonder what their rationale for this was.
Too many guests having trouble finding the locations after dark?

I wouldn't think it would be operating costs, because honestly this thing doesn't even require human attendants to run. Just let guests self-serve themselves with the maps and initial band scanner. Heck, do away with the physical maps altogether and just put a QR code on a sign and let people download a .PDF to their phones.

Bairstow

The problem with Sorcerer's is they never expanded to TL or NFL. So everyone is in four parts of the park only.

This is something I do not understand with Disney. They have something but every year or two they could easily come up with a new story... Have it an entry project for new Imagineers.

I had been saying this about Mission Space for years... There is nothing wrong with the attraction in terms of the equipment, but a video is easier to refresh than tearing down and rebuilding a whole attraction.

It is a shame that they never continued to expand sorcerers. I never cared for the thing but it seemed well done. I never could figure out whether the game was another extended proof of concept or if they actually expected to make money selling those card packs. To be honest, I never really figured out how the game was supposed to be played. It seemed like I would win every encounter no matter which card I played.

Expanding it would have probably been more trouble for Disney than it was worth, between paying the programmers and voice actors, getting someone at WDI to design the semi-themed screen walls, and then contracting with someone to install the things into existing facades. It seems like a lot of work for something that never quite took off.

Also, Sorcerers popped up right before every American over the age of six started getting a smartphone. I'm guessing that the team working on it, assuming they're still on similar projects, are working on AR-based park smartphone games by now.

Kevin_W

It is a shame that they never continued to expand sorcerers. I never cared for the thing but it seemed well done. I never could figure out whether the game was another extended proof of concept or if they actually expected to make money selling those card packs. To be honest, I never really figured out how the game was supposed to be played. It seemed like I would win every encounter no matter which card I played.

Yes, you start on "easy" level where any card you play defeats the villain. After you beat the game you can play through again at medium and then hard levels, where (I think?) the type of card or perhaps the numbers printed on the card matter. My daughter enjyos playing and we've never moved off Easy level - she just likes seeing the animations each of the cards do. (It's is terribly disappointing that ever mission has one bad guy you defeat by showing the back of the card - no animation).

We also like the pirates game - I agre that some of the effects are better after dark. And running back and forth across Adventureland is better when it's cooler.

_caleb

We LOVED doing the Pirate's Adventure last time we were at MK! It was a great way to see Adventureland from a different perspective. My kids love running around all over and the interactive features are really well done. It's like the Majiquest thing at Great Wolf, only with great variety and creative interactivity. The pirate maps made great free souvenirs, too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom