Onsite then Offsite in the same vacation magic band question

montyz81

Original Poster
If I stay onsite for a few days and then offsite, can I set up a magic band with more days then my stay onsite? Also, if I can, could I take advantage of EMH?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
No, you cannot use EMH for those days that you're not at a Disney resort. It has nothing to do with what you use for your park admission. Whether you're a cast member visiting as a guest, a pass holder, a guy with a 7 day park hopper, or someone on a one-day convention ticket, your EMH privilege is linked to your room reservation, not your admission entitlement.

ETA: But yes, you can buy more park days than room nights if you want.

montyz81

Original Poster
Thanks for your reply.., Follow up question, can I continue to use the Magic Bands after my onsite resort stay is complete? I find them very convenient

JohnD

If I stay onsite for a few days and then offsite, can I set up a magic band with more days then my stay onsite? Also, if I can, could I take advantage of EMH?

You have to have valid admission to get into the parks regardless of whether you stay at a resort or not, so your MB will work for admission in that case. I agree that charging can only be done with the MB while you're staying in the resort because charging goes to your room not directly to a credit card (although a credit card is on file for the resort).

As for FP+, you get 60 days advance FP+ for your resort stay but then only 30 days advance for the days you're not in the resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom