Only seeing 30 Days out with Resort Reservations and Tickets?

BGLeduc

Original Poster
I have a DVC reservation (Boardwalk) which as of today is 62 days out, linked to my MDE account. I also have park tickets purchased separately (Undercover Tourist), which are linked to my account.

I know that I am two days early, but I was getting in a bit of practice on FP selection, and at the moment MDE only shows me dates 30 days out. I would have expected that I would see 60 days from today given that I have a linked reservation and purchased tickets.

Does that sound right? I don't recall how it worked the last time I used MDE for FPs, but I would have sworn that once my room reservation was linked and I had linked tickets I could always see the full 60 days.

I did call, and the CM said that I would not see the 60 day window until I hit 60 days, which would be midnight on Tuesday evening. He said this was because my tickets were not purchased as part of my original reservation.

I am trying to make sure that my MDE account is set up properly, and not get to midnight Tuesday and find that I can't select my FPs.

CaptainAmerica

I have a DVC reservation (Boardwalk) which as of today is 62 days out, linked to my MDE account. I also have park tickets purchased separately (Undercover Tourist), which are linked to my account.

I know that I am two days early, but I was getting in a bit of practice on FP selection, and at the moment MDE only shows me dates 30 days out. I would have expected that I would see 60 days from today given that I have a linked reservation and purchased tickets.

Does that sound right? I don't recall how it worked the last time I used MDE for FPs, but I would have sworn that once my room reservation was linked and I had linked tickets I could always see the full 60 days.

I did call, and the CM said that I would not see the 60 day window until I hit 60 days, which would be midnight on Tuesday evening. He said this was because my tickets were not purchased as part of my original reservation.
You seem to understand that your window is 60 days from check-in. Why, then, would you expect to see 60 days from today, which is two days before your check-in?

I am trying to make sure that my MDE account is set up properly, and not get to midnight Tuesday and find that I can't select my FPs.
There's absolutely no need to get on at midnight. Get a good night's sleep and make your reservations the next day at a normal hour. You'll still get everything you want.

Tom

Beta Return
Regardless of when you buy your tickets vs room vs package, as long as you have both room and tickets, your 60-day booking window will open 60 days before you check in. Not 61 days. Not 62 days. 60 days.

Until then, you will only see a rolling 30 days, which is the default for non-resort guests.

And you CAN get on at midnight, but the system may be down for maintenance and only available the next morning. Or, if any park is open past midnight, the system won't reset until the last park closes.

BGLeduc

Original Poster
Regardless of when you buy your tickets vs room vs package, as long as you have both room and tickets, your 60-day booking window will open 60 days before you check in. Not 61 days. Not 62 days. 60 days.

Until then, you will only see a rolling 30 days, which is the default for non-resort guests.

And you CAN get on at midnight, but the system may be down for maintenance and only available the next morning. Or, if any park is open past midnight, the system won't reset until the last park closes.

Thanks Tom.

lemon meringue

Fast passes no longer open at 12am on 60 day mark. It's now 7am.
It's a shame that more people don't know about this change. It's causing a lot of unnecessary stress and upset to those getting online at midnight on their 60 day mark. It would be so easy for Disney to highlight the info some place in MDE so that folks don't assume something is wrong with their account when they're up at midnight and all excited to snag the FPs.

Rob562

It's a shame that more people don't know about this change. It's causing a lot of unnecessary stress and upset to those getting online at midnight on their 60 day mark. It would be so easy for Disney to highlight the info some place in MDE so that folks don't assume something is wrong with their account when they're up at midnight and all excited to snag the FPs.

To best of my knowledge , Disney never published the time that FP+ opened for reservations. The midnight time (and the exceptions for late park closings) were worked out by fans and shared with others. It eventually became a basic body of knowledge that mostly only insiders knew about.

So just like that learning curve, this new time will also eventually get integrated into the collective knowledge of Disney fans, but it'll take some time.

-Rob

lemon meringue

To best of my knowledge , Disney never published the time that FP+ opened for reservations. The midnight time (and the exceptions for late park closings) were worked out by fans and shared with others. It eventually became a basic body of knowledge that mostly only insiders knew about.

So just like that learning curve, this new time will also eventually get integrated into the collective knowledge of Disney fans, but it'll take some time.

-Rob
Good Point

PinnySmart

Disney never told anybody to stay up until midnight. So it really isn't a shame. People love to blame Disney for their own ignorance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom