Only Fp allowed to ride?

mousehockey37

Nope, not the same at all. If it becomes totally FP+, then there is a known quantity of how many people will be there during a given hour. I believe that the test was done to see what kind of percentages do not show up, or show up late. Giving out the FP completely nullifies any kind of test, so they learned nothing from it.

Really? 3 rides in the entire park? Wow, I guess the other 12 we experienced were ghost rides or something. If all you do are thrill rides, you really need to go to Universal, and skip Disney altogether. You'll have a lot more fun.

Yes, there is a known quantity, but you can't say WHEN during that hour people will show up. If you have 10,000 passes per hour and all 10,000 people show up at the top of the hour, there's a line, plain and simple. Hence, FP+ would still have a standby type wait.

There are 12 attractions listed and 27 entertainment experiences listed on Disney's site for DHS as of this moment. Most of the entertainment being Star Wars related. Of the 12 attractions, 5 can be considered rides. Most everything else is sitting in a theater of some sort watching a show, whether live action or on screen.

Attractions:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/hollywood-studios/

Entertainment:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/hollywood-studios/

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Yes, there is a known quantity, but you can't say WHEN during that hour people will show up. If you have 10,000 passes per hour and all 10,000 people show up at the top of the hour, there's a line, plain and simple. Hence, FP+ would still have a standby type wait.

There are 12 attractions listed and 27 entertainment experiences listed on Disney's site for DHS as of this moment. Most of the entertainment being Star Wars related. Of the 12 attractions, 5 can be considered rides. Most everything else is sitting in a theater of some sort watching a show, whether live action or on screen.

Attractions:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/hollywood-studios/

Entertainment:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/hollywood-studios/
And a show is an attraction and something to do while you are there. My apologies, I only have 16:
The Great Movie Ride
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure
Muppet*Vision 3D
Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
The Magic of Disney Animation
Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
Jedi Training Academy
Toy Story Midway Mania!
Disney Junior - Live on Stage!
For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration

Again, if all you are looking for are rides, then Universal (or your nearest 6 Flags) is where you will want to be. And again, they have only closed 3 attractions that were not really popular anyway.

mousehockey37

Really? 3 rides in the entire park? Wow, I guess the other 12 we experienced were ghost rides or something.

Shows are not rides. Shows are entertainment.

And a show is an attraction and something to do while you are there. My apologies, I only have 16:
The Great Movie Ride
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure
Muppet*Vision 3D
Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
The Magic of Disney Animation
Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
Jedi Training Academy
Toy Story Midway Mania!
Disney Junior - Live on Stage!
For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration

Again, if all you are looking for are rides, then Universal (or your nearest 6 Flags) is where you will want to be. And again, they have only closed 3 attractions that were not really popular anyway.

A show is not an attraction by Disney's standards. It is entertainment. Click the links in my prior post.

So what are these other 12 rides that are there though?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

A show is not an attraction by Disney's standards. It is entertainment. Click the links in my prior post.

Who cares? You're arguing about semantics. Whether they're "rides" or "attractions," there's plenty of stuff to do at DHS. Nobody ever defined DHS as "a place to go to ride rides." It's "a place to go to have fun with your family." Rides, attractions, and shows all fit that description and fill your day.

mousehockey37

Who cares? You're arguing about semantics. Whether they're "rides" or "attractions," there's plenty of stuff to do at DHS. Nobody ever defined DHS as "a place to go to ride rides." It's "a place to go to have fun with your family." Rides, attractions, and shows all fit that description and fill your day.

He said he went on 12 rides... I'd like that list... that's all...

As I said before, DHS is a 1/2 day park and will be, just like AK.

BJones82

There must be something in the water today there is too much agreement on these boards....

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
As I said before, DHS is a 1/2 day park and will be, just like AK.
Beauty and the Beast - 25 minutes
Citizens of Hollywood - 10 minutes
Disney Junior - 25 minutes
Fantasmic - 30 minutes
Frozen - 30 minutes
Indiana Jones - 30 minutes
LMA - 45 minutes
Mulch, Sweat & Shears - 30 minutes
Voyage of the Little Mermaid - 15 minutes

That's four hours of just shows. Assuming you'll be at Fantasmic about an hour early to get a good seat and at least a few minutes early for the other ones, that's another two hours. So six hours total. An average DHS operating day is twelve hours. You're already at 1/2 day and you haven't experienced Muppets, Star Tours, Tower, RnRC, Toy Story, or One Man's Dream yet.

Yeah, DHS is only a 1/2 day park when you skip half of the park. That's like complaining that a baseball game is only 90 minutes long because you left in the fifth inning.

willywonka_03e87d1a034c5f10c3bb0dfd32865b0b.gif

;)

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member

I consider most of the shows as "attractions" as well. You may not have noticed that I did NOT include Cinderella Carriage as an attraction, even though Disney does. I also did not include Mulch, Sweat, and Shears, or the Citizens of Hollywood or Fantasmic, or any Meet & Greets in my things to do. It really is semantics that you are arguing. And of the 3 that I mentioned that closed, only 1 was what you would consider an attraction. The other 2 were entertainment. So again, much of what was there, is still there, so how can it be a ghost town, and how is Disney offering anything substantially less to do than they did before? When we were there in March, it certainly wasn't a ghost town then.

So do I want to see more "attractions"? Heck yeah. I want to see a fully fleshed out Pixar Land with the Monster's Inc. coaster, RSR, and other attractions, and also a high quality Stars Land with multiple attractions as well. We may not like the speed at which Disney is building stuff, but there is absolutely NOTHING we can do about it, except hope for the best.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Yeah, DHS is only a 1/2 day park when you skip half of the park. That's like complaining that a baseball game is only 90 minutes long because you left in the fifth inning.
Exactly. The same is true at AK as well. We can easily spend an entire day there also. If people are just looking for rides, then WDW is NOT the place to go. I don't get why people don't understand that. It is so much more than that, and you have to experience all of it. If you don't, why did you bother to go at all?

Doug Means

DHS has never been a half day park for my family. mainly because we like to do things more than once if we like them. Really though we like lots of the show and all of the rides, and love to stay after dark because the ride lines thin, even in the times of the years that its busy. if it is a 1/2 day park for you, that great, but you may not be getting your moneys worth...if thats even possible.

stevehousse

this argument again! LOL The fact is that yes, shows are a huge part of DHS. However, people want rides. They dont pay $100 to sit and watch shows all day.

Tower of Terror
Rockin Roller Coaster
Great Movie Ride
Toy Story Midway Mania
Star Tours

Thats it... now if you consider that people just want to go to the parks to ride the rides, then yes it is a half day park. If you go and do both rides and shows, it does turn into a full day park. Its all about preference. I would say that most people do want more rides in the park to make it a full day park to them. I would say i fall into that category. There are only 2 shows we watch at DHS now, Indiana Jones and Disney Jr. the other shows do nothing for me (with the exception of walking through one mans dream).

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
this argument again! LOL The fact is that yes, shows are a huge part of DHS. However, people want rides. They dont pay $100 to sit and watch shows all day.

Tower of Terror
Rockin Roller Coaster
Great Movie Ride
Toy Story Midway Mania
Star Tours

Thats it... now if you consider that people just want to go to the parks to ride the rides, then yes it is a half day park. If you go and do both rides and shows, it does turn into a full day park. Its all about preference. I would say that most people do want more rides in the park to make it a full day park to them. I would say i fall into that category. There are only 2 shows we watch at DHS now, Indiana Jones and Disney Jr. the other shows do nothing for me (with the exception of walking through one mans dream).
And those are pretty much the ONLY rides that have EVER been there. The only "ride" that has closed was the Backlot Tour, which was terrible in it's final incarnation. So I guess you have NEVER had anything to do at HS. And if you know this going in, why have you ever gone?

Po'Rich

Exactly. The same is true at AK as well. We can easily spend an entire day there also. If people are just looking for rides, then WDW is NOT the place to go. I don't get why people don't understand that. It is so much more than that, and you have to experience all of it. If you don't, why did you bother to go at all?

^^^ Agreed. People talk about theme and the environment, but the only way that either of these parks become 1/2 day is when one is just focused on rides and ignores the environment. I have no trouble spending a full day (or more) at AK. For me, it is one of the most relaxing parks. There's always plenty to see or do without waiting in line.

Goofyernmost

Alrighty then... First and foremost, almost no one pays $100.00 to go to DHS whether it be a half day or a full day. Most have purchased multi-day tickets making that constantly quoted $100.00 per day statement so much BS that it is almost laughable.

Second, If someone is a day tripper and does pay that price of a single day ticket, then they are people that indeed will pay that amount for a days worth of entertainment. Ever buy a ticket to a Broadway play? Two hours, tops, for that much and more. A days worth of entertainment is a pretty good sounding deal to them.

Third, if someone wants the rides only... then unless they are criminally insane and can't be helped anyway, they will not use DHS as a single day park. That would be, as I said, insane.

Although DHS has a couple of higher adrenaline rides, that being ToT and RnRC it is now and always has been an entertainment park. If anything those two rides were an ofter thought to try an accommodate those that are not happy unless they have blood dripping out of their ears.

Solution to the problem? Don't go if you don't think it's worth it. However, also don't live under the delusion that people actually pay $100.00 a day to go there. They do not unless it is worth it to them. Everyone else pays whatever their multi-day ticket cost them per day and that is a long way from $100.00.

Doug Means

It sounds like it to me that there are some people who just need not go to these waist of time parks...I like them all and know they will get better, but I'll enjoy the shorter lines when you do go because there's nothing fun to do there!

BJones82

If you don't have a FP at least a month in advance you are not getting on that ride. It's limited more then you think.

Sure you can think that's fine but for us travelers who can hit WDW any given weekend it's a big no sale in a park that doesn't have enough to do. Being locked out of rides is true and not a good thing.

Did you read any of the following posts before replying to this post? They're not saying currently it's easy to get FP for this ride, they're saying if they eliminated standby then the FP capacity would greatly increase... Read before replying in the future... Thnx!!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
If you don't have a FP at least a month in advance you are not getting on that ride. It's limited more then you think.

Sure you can think that's fine but for us travelers who can hit WDW any given weekend it's a big no sale in a park that doesn't have enough to do. Being locked out of rides is true and not a good thing.

Just came back from DHS this week. Got a fast pass for TSMM only 7 days out. So no, not a month.

stevehousse

If you include the backlot tour in its original form, that was the big E ticket,lasting over 2 hours long for one single attraction, not to mention it used to have the longest lines in the park, that takes up a good chunk of your day if you include an hour wait for it. And yes, the park has never been heavy on attractions, and always has been like that unfortunately. Thats what happens when you rush to beat the park up the street to opening first.

Goofyernmost

Just came back from DHS this week. Got a fast pass for TSMM only 7 days out. So no, not a month.
Did mine 9 days out and got a good one and that is when getting them is more difficult. The whole idea of FP, originally was to see if they could control the times when people went to the attractions, it would only be the number of people that could actually ride it during a specific time (I believe that there was a 10 minute range of start times) With FP+ it is even more controllable if it is FP exclusive. I think that they did run into some problems during that test (other then those that didn't have one), but, it wouldn't surprise me at all if someday that will be how they do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom