Onlookers at Ceremony? How private will it actually be?

flipadeeflop

Original Poster
Hello everyone! My fiancé and I are getting married in WDW in April 2015! WOOOO!! We are planning on doing the Memories package with just us and both sets of parents and are leaning towards the Polynesian (Luau Beach) or Grand Floridian (Conch Key Marina) venues. My question is just this - would other Disney guests be able to walk by fairly close to the ceremony and stop and watch if they want to or does an area get sectioned off and/or the wedding coordinator ask them to move on etc. etc.? I would assume this MIGHT happen more often at the Poly since it's in an open area. If people DO tend to gather to watch, how close do they end up getting to the couple and family? Thanks in advance for any responses!

Sweet Melissa

You're right that Luau Beach is a little more open and likely to get foot traffic. People can stop and watch, but I think common sense would dictate that they'll keep a respectful distance, especially since Memories ceremonies are so intimate.

sjhym333

I have walked past weddings around that spot and while they didn't stop us from walking by and even stopping I think if we had tried to get closer they would have stepped in. But to answer your question, I have not seen the section roped off. But I agree, most people seemed respectful of the wedding and I think we all took joy in such a pretty moment, even in passing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom