One World of Color per night during the summer season?

JediMasterMatt

Original Poster
Looking at the calendar, it appears that TDA has only got once World of Color per night scheduled. This is a suprising move and one they will hopefully reconsider once peak crowds start hitting on a routine basis. I was always under the impression that the 10:15 WoC served it's purpose of helping to keep people from bouncing over to catch the late Fantasmic.

It will be an interesting summer to see how the crowds work with only a 9:45 WoC.

Also of note is the slight modification of Magical's start time from 9:30 to 9:25. I'm not really sure what that accomplishes in terms of crowd control patterns.

TP2000

Also of note is the slight modification of Magical's start time from 9:30 to 9:25. I'm not really sure what that accomplishes in terms of crowd control patterns.

They do that 9:25 thing a lot during busy seasons when there is a 9:00 Fantasmic!. I asked a Fantasmic! CM about it once while in the dessert viewing area with family, and I was told that it is a crowd control tool that keeps the 9,000 people viewing the 9:00PM Fantasmic! in the viewing area. When Fantasmic! ends at 9:23, they can start the fireworks almost immediately after the ending music plays and prevent thousands of people from trying to get out to the Hub to see the Castle.

Just that extra five minutes of dead airtime makes thousands of people who just saw Fantasmic! think they can hustle out to an already overfull Hub area to catch the fireworks. The second the fireworks start though, the crowd stops moving in Frontierland and is content to stand in their place and watch the show from there.

Clever! Disneyland is very, very good at crowd control.

RMichael21

We got pretty wet when we watched it and we were in the front of the preferred dining section. But it was a nightmare getting out of the park afterwards as the park closed right after WOC was over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom