One way car rental

hksusa

Original Poster
Hello all. I will be heading to Disney world in 2 weeks, staying at Dolphin/Swan.
I have a party of 3, flying into MCO. I'm did some research and it maybe cheaper to do two 1 way rental going from MCO to Dolphin/Swan than to take taxi or get on the Mears shared transportation.

With the rental, i would not have to wait for my stop from the airport, and i can stop for groceries.

I think the only thing i need to figure out is where to get gas to fill up the rental before the return of the rental.

anyone done 1 way rentals? Let me know what you think.

Rob562

I believe Uber cannot pick up at the airport. (Though I may be thinking about here in Boston, or perhaps both)

There is a Hess gas station just around the corner from the Dolphin, near the Boardwalk. It actually tends to be one of the cheapest stations in the area. On your way back to the airport you should be able to fill it (perhaps a little beyond the auto shutoff) just as you leave for the airport and still have it read Full when dropping off.

-Rob

hksusa

Original Poster
Thanks Rob,

You're right, Uber can not pickup at the airport. However, I can get Uber from hotel to the airport, the estimate fare, sounds reasonable (~$30). I am thinking Mears shuttle service from Airport to hotel, but looking at their Yelp reviews, it's not exactly fast service.

I guess if I was to save money, I will lose time.

I guess I will test the waters and report back

pug

Hello all. I will be heading to Disney world in 2 weeks, staying at Dolphin/Swan.
I have a party of 3, flying into MCO. I'm did some research and it maybe cheaper to do two 1 way rental going from MCO to Dolphin/Swan than to take taxi or get on the Mears shared transportation.

With the rental, i would not have to wait for my stop from the airport, and i can stop for groceries.

I think the only thing i need to figure out is where to get gas to fill up the rental before the return of the rental.

anyone done 1 way rentals? Let me know what you think.
Avis/budget are really the only Companys that do one way rentals :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom