One Very Special Day of Magic (Hear Me Out)

saibasabu

Hi everyone,

A little backstory about this situation that I'm in. My girlfriend is a major workaholic and she hardly even allows herself a day off. Her birthday is coming up in late January and I have luckily convinced her to take that day off.

She, like many of us, is a Disney lover though she hasn't been to wdw very much. I, on the other hand, have been to Disney parks on 42 separate vacations. I can't pass up a trip to the parks and I know her, she loves a good surprise.

Anyways, my plan is to fly us out early in the morning to Orlando from Atlanta (90 minutes) and travel over to the parks. For just one day, I was thinking about going to MK and possibly Epcot (I'm used to park hopping all day long. Plan to tell the story of doing every ride in every park on New Years Eve in another thread). I was also going to do the desserts banquet in front of the fireworks. Following that, we would head back to the airport, take the red eye back and hopefully that would cap off a perfect day of magic before we fall back to reality the next day.

Since I wouldn't have time to book a hotel, are there any separate party shuttles that would take us to the park and back or would a cab be necessary? Also, any ideas for tickets in this kind of circumstance? I'm open to getting multi-day tickets as a gift of future visits after this one but you guys are better experts than me on this. Please forgive me for not knowing so many wdw abbreviations, I'm new to it. :D

Thanks for reading!

luv

Since your time is limited, a cab would be the fastest way to/from the airport. There are shuttles, though, as pointed out. Since you won't have to check bags, you should be able to get to a park in 60-90 minutes from the time the plane lands, depending on where you're sitting (First class is off as soon as the doors open, while people in the last row can wait 20-30 minutes sometimes.)

You're going to need single-day tickets, which are about $100 each, maybe a little over. If you want to add hopping, it'll be around $160 per ticket. I don't think any of the discount places sell single-day tickets, but could be wrong. I always buy them at the park. The MK is a little more expensive than the other parks.

That's a big day. I hope you guys don't have to get up early the next morning. Sounds like a great day, though!!

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I would suggest just doing one park for just one day. We did the MK for just one day in February and we had thought about park hopping but I'm glad we didn't. We were there from open to close (actually past close and about a half hour before open) and it was one of the best days we have ever had in WDW.

Upvote 0

MarFV

Take the earliest flight out of ATL, take a cab directly to MK and stay there all day. Take the last flight home. Sounds like a great day. Will it be a surprise?

Upvote 0

38053WDW

Take two days ... Head over to Mouseowners . com and see if you can find a room for one night (birthday) .. say BLT /MK view or this guy made cool app (dvcapp.com) to use. Maybe you'll get lucky in finding a studio room. If not then .... Happy Limo dot com .. (to/from airport) make it really special ... UT tickets are $103 ea. Cheaper to go to Disney site and order $95... (no park hopper)

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

Take two days ... Head over to Mouseowners . com and see if you can find a room for one night (birthday) .. say BLT /MK view or this guy made cool app (dvcapp.com) to use. Maybe you'll get lucky in finding a studio room. If not then .... Happy Limo dot com .. (to/from airport) make it really special ... UT tickets are $103 ea. Cheaper to go to Disney site and order $95... (no park hopper)

I believe disney's is $101, with tax. UT includes tax... but either way disney is indeed cheaper.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom