One Sentence Competition - Season 3 Episode 3

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Hades Hilarity Hour
rehost%2F2016%2F9%2F13%2F682525ae-7508-489a-bd33-63f2960eb514.jpg
Appearing at Disney Hollywood Studios (because seriously, that place needs help right now ;)) is Hades Hilarity Hour where Hades invites mortals to his lair to cheer for the outrageous Lord of the Underworld as he jokes with other guest villains, but as they are not nice guys, these interviews often end early and with comedic consequences.

Of course, Hades two inept minions, Pain and Panic certainly don't help as they only serve to frustrate their boss into losing his cool in a spectacular fiery inferno that lights up the entire theatre, and with Pegasus often flying by to blow out Hades hair, the Lord of the Underworld can't help but explode.

Strangely enough, Hades Hilarity Hour never lasts a full hour ;).
I'll be honest and say that Hades was my favorite Disney character growing up next to Timon and Pumbaa. I found him hilarious :hilarious: And I've been calling for 'something' Hercules in the park for a long time because I think that movie is seriously underrated. But even with that aside, something like this taking over an attraction or show in Animation Courtyard would be a welcome addition, and I can really get a sense from your descriptions about how the comedy would work. It seems like it would be reactionary comedy which always tends to get a laugh out of me :p

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Gonna keep it simple this time around :)

-
Dr. Hullabaloo's Intergalactic Revue

Pulling reference from the tone and color scheme of Tomorrowland 2055, while pertaining the Disney charm displaying in such EPCOT Center attractions like "Horizons" and "Imagination," guests will soon be able to enter a bland warehouse housing alien technology sputtering to life with the sights and sounds of Dr. Hullabaloo's Intergalactic Revue. Take a seat as, after hours, the warehouse transforms into a full-fledged comedy club, with a full-service menu and cantina-style bar (with service provided by the most peculiar cast of celestial creatures in Animatronic form), where Dr. Hullabaloo, a mad, yet goony, scientist showcase his ensemble of robots, and present stand-up acts by his fellow scientists (interacting with Turtle Talk-like tech, of course); just keep in mind, this group is from another galaxy, so they may take some getting used to. Imagine scenes like these, with set design looking like a meld of and this and this, but while having that charm I was mentioning (Sherman-esque song and dance, relatable, yet not dumbed-down and more intellectual dialogue, etc.).

Edit: Had to throw that Turtle Talk bit in there
Wow, this one definitely caught my eye of surprise! It would be really interesting to see something like this and how a typical current day audience would react. I'd be really curious. It's tough to get a sense of how the comedy would work with a new character in 3 sentences haha, but you did a really solid job trying to explain it and build it in an intellectual fashion rather than just slapstick comedy which this project could have easily just turned into to spoof something quick. Nice effort!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Season 3 - Episode 3
Challenge 4
--Comedy Central Results--

Because this one was so tough to rank, I did it a little differently. :)

Bronze were projects that were unique and awesome, but with comedy it is sometimes tough to get a sense for how the show will progress with just a few sentences if characters are new or a combination not before seen.
Silver were projects that I felt were feasible if this situation occurred, and they needed another comedy club, as the Genie is a no-brainer (aside from the voice question I had) and Toy Story/Woody does as well.
Gold was something that I subjectively think would be hilarious as a comedy club attraction, and was written in a way that I got a sense of the style of the show.

Again -- very close this round, but here's the results! And thanks again for participating! :D

Bronze Medal
bronze_medal.png

@Sephirenn and @MA Screamin'

Silver Medal
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

@D Hindley and @Disney Dad 3000

Gold Medal
gold_medal.png

@FigmentPigments

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Medal Leaderboard
(through Challenge 4)
091-poca-l.jpg

Disney Dad 3000
1 Gold, 1 Silver, 2 Bronze

Sephirenn
1 Gold, 1 Silver, 1 Bronze, 1 Honorable Mention

MA Screamin'
1 Gold, 1 Bronze, 1 Honorable Mention

FigmentPigments
1 Gold, 1 Silver, 1 Bronze

GotsFancyPants
1 Silver

D Hindley
1 Silver

StevenU
1 Honorable Mention

Participants
kmbmw777
Angels and Disney's
Poe Dameron

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Season 3 - Episode 3
Challenge 5
--Home and Garden TV--
hgtv-logo.png

We've turned on our TVs and our stop is - Home and Garden!
fwb_dvc-marketplace_20140206.jpg

Over the last few decades, Disney Vacation Club Resorts have been multiplying by the bunches attached mostly to resorts around WDW. However, there are a few such as Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, that are still DVC Resorts, but are in other places around the US.

In 1-3 Sentences, your task will be to create a new Disney Vacation Club Resort in anywhere BUT a Disney Resort. It can be anywhere in the continental US or Alaska.

A custom sketch of the designs are optional and aren't necessary (though if you can - more power to you!)

This project will be due Sunday July 16th at 9PM EST

As always have fun and if you have any questions please feel free to ask! :)

D Hulk

IMG_2577.JPG

DISNEY'S MINERAL KING SKI RESORT
High in the mighty Sierra Mountains of California just south of Sequoia National Park, Disney is proud to unveil Disney's Mineral King Ski Resort, both the latest Disney Vacation Club Resort and the final realization of Walt Disney's original dream, unmade now for over half a century. Located just south of the originally proposed sight, the new Mineral King is a bucolic, self-contained alpine village at the base of majestic, beautifully preserved ski slopes, accessible via next-gen ski lifts all year round for skiing, hiking, mountain biking, and Disney-led nature treks. With all cars restricted to the foothills below, guests reach picturesque Mineral King via dramatic high-capacity gondolas (the same proposed for WDW), where guests then discover ice rinks, four star mountaintop restaurants, copious wildlife, and even an all-new dinner theater version of Country Bear Jamboree, an attraction which was actually initially conceived for Mineral King.

Suchomimus

View attachment 215084
High in the mighty Sierra Mountains of California just south of Sequoia National Park, Disney is proud to unveil Disney's Mineral King Ski Resort, both the latest Disney Vacation Club Resort and the final realization of Walt Disney's original dream, unmade now for over half a century. Located just south of the originally proposed sight, the new Mineral King is a bucolic, self-contained alpine village at the base of majestic, beautifully preserved ski slopes, accessible via next-gen ski lifts all year round for skiing, hiking, mountain biking, and Disney-led nature treks. With all cars restricted to the foothills below, guests reach picturesque Mineral King via dramatic high-capacity gondolas (the same proposed for WDW), where guests then discover ice rinks, four star mountaintop restaurants, copious wildlife, and even an all-new dinner theater version of Country Bear Jamboree, an attraction which was actually initially conceived for Mineral King.
I remember reading about this one. Never thought anyone would use this for an imagineering project, let alone remember it.

MA Screamin'

Disney Royal Winds - Make us your new home away from home, today!

Disney Royal Winds will be a 2,500 acre recreational resort, located south of Salt Lake City on the State Route 210, bringing a strong competitor in the continually-booming market in Park City, Utah and its' neighboring areas. Thrills for the adventurous are in equal plenitude as relaxing experiences, as guests can all find their own chances for relaxation in our serene, yet enthralling in opportunity, alpine village underneath our 3-lift and 75 total run section of the mountain. What a ski resort can be has been redefined: our facilities are home to a state-of-the-art water park and spa, intertwined with the beauty of the natural landscapes, a plethora of small eats and our now-Michelin star awarding restaurant and night destination, and boutique shopping with entertaining workshops and Disney character experiences. If that isn't enough, the true star of Royal Winds is Walt's Brook, a modest, yet bursting at the seams with Disney charm, themed land; Walt's Brook will revolve around a grand brook-like fire pit setting, where after guests enjoy a day of shows and attractions synthesized by Imagineers to blend into the environment on the level of Disney Animal Kingdom, while still boasting the high-quality found at theme parks like Magic Kingdom (think of everything in a strongly-curated quantity, so no Flight of Passage-size E-Tickets, but two or three amazing D-Tickets and such... I'd say a concept along the lines of 7DMT with more of a Hunny Hunt dark ride quality, a Haunted Mansion-style attraction, an Animatronic show, and new classic C-Tickets), they can stay How the Wind Shines, a projection-show blooming from the brook to for families to spend time together around they have had their own journeys across the resort (trust me, I myself find it to be very ambitious, but if we can dream it ;)).

Edit: Forgot to mention the Disney character experiences part.
Edit 2: Changed the phrasing to best convey the balance between the serenity and enthralling. I need to stop this, I'm starting to feel like Kanye with all this tweaking :confused:

Last edited:

Sephirenn

Disney's Last Vegas Resort

ku-xlarge.jpg

Located outside of Las Vegas in Nevada, Disney's Last Vegas Resort is a huge sprawling "futurology" complex located below an enormous dome in middle of the desert (which allows different sections of the resort to be temperature controlled at all times of the year), and is themed as if guests are visiting the resort in the far-future.​

Guests will arrive at the resort after taking an "underground" bullet-train monorail from the airport, which explains the theme and story-line through interactive screens and monitors, and guests will also interact with live performers pretending to be guests.​

The resort provides guests four distinct outside environments to enjoy once they arrive: the Koali Beach Zone contains a water park and pools themed after tropical beaches and the lush forests of the past; the Urban District allows guests to explore futuristic buildings and alleyways while shopping or grabbing a bite to eat at a street vendor or one of many fine dinning establishments (think Blade Runner for atmosphere); the Apoc Mountains lets guests "outside" to explore three frigid (artificial) mountains covered in fresh snow which guests can ski/snowboard/sled down, and is the first ski mountain in the world to be fully themed (in a post-apocalypse setting no less); and the Silo Project plays host to guest's accommodations, providing state of the art beds and bathroom accessories (like smart mirrors); each room includes VR headsets for each guest, and floor-to-ceiling screens which display fantastic "views" of the environments outside the Silo.​

Disney Dad 3000

Disney's Rail Resort
Having already provided its members recreated experiences from across the US and the world at its many resorts, Disney Vacation Club has rolled out (literally) its newest offering, the Disney Vacation Club Rail Resort, in an effort to bring its membership a new and innovative ownership opportunity. Following the same line as the spectacular Coast Starlight that runs between Seattle and Los Angeles with amazing views of the Cascades and Pacific Ocean, the DRR will provide members with many of the same, yet upgraded amenities they would expect with any of the land based established resorts in the form of top of the line sleeper cabins, table and quick service dining, an exclusive merchandise car, panorama cars, bars, entertainment, character appearances and a spa car. With stopovers in San Francisco and Portland, members will also have the ability to bookend their stay with 2nights at The Grand Californian and Disneyland either at the start or end of their trip depending on whether their travel starts or ends in LA.

FigmentPigments

Mystery Manor

A brand new DVC hotel located in the Hudson River Valley allows guests to indulge in the curiosity and explore all the hidden nooks and crannies that the hotel has to offer all inspired by unexplainable paranormal occurrences, lost treasures, missing persons, and strange creature sightings from real life.

Guests off all ages can not only take part in interactive adventures, solving clues, and tracking down "stolen" artifacts, but nightly ghost tours and night sky watch parties add to atmosphere; even the restaurants have hidden passageways and the pool has clues and riddles inscribed along the bottom.

Around every corner there could be a ghostly sighting, a strange creature prowling the secluded walking trails, or even booby traps lying in wait for those who want to solve the mystery at Mystery Manor.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
View attachment 215084
Off the bat with a classic concept!
http://www.yesterland.com/mineralking.html

Would definitely be neat to see an original Walt concept like this come to be. I love all of the nature trails and scenic adventures that I feel would make this resort a great destination all year round! And being in California, it's not too far away from other adventures in the Golden State as well, but secluded enough where it still feels isolated and peaceful. Disney does 'lodge' style restaurants well given the Wilderness Lodge, Grand Californian, and AKL - so while steeped in a bit of established prior concept, it would still be a welcome addition to the DVC resorts!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Disney Royal Winds - Make us your new home away from home, today!

Disney Royal Winds will be a 2,500 acre recreational resort, located south of Salt Lake City on the State Route 210, bringing a strong competitor in the continually-booming market in Park City, Utah and its' neighboring areas. Thrills for the adventurous are in equal plenitude as relaxing experiences, as guests can all find their own chances for relaxation in our serene, yet enthralling in opportunity, alpine village underneath our 3-lift and 75 total run section of the mountain. What a ski resort can be has been redefined: our facilities are home to a state-of-the-art water park and spa, intertwined with the beauty of the natural landscapes, a plethora of small eats and our now-Michelin star awarding restaurant and night destination, and boutique shopping with entertaining workshops and Disney character experiences. If that isn't enough, the true star of Royal Winds is Walt's Brook, a modest, yet bursting at the seams with Disney charm, themed land; Walt's Brook will revolve around a grand brook-like fire pit setting, where after guests enjoy a day of shows and attractions synthesized by Imagineers to blend into the environment on the level of Disney Animal Kingdom, while still boasting the high-quality found at theme parks like Magic Kingdom (think of everything in a strongly-curated quantity, so no Flight of Passage-size E-Tickets, but two or three amazing D-Tickets and such... I'd say a concept along the lines of 7DMT with more of a Hunny Hunt dark ride quality, a Haunted Mansion-style attraction, an Animatronic show, and new classic C-Tickets), they can stay How the Wind Shines, a projection-show blooming from the brook to for families to spend time together around they have had their own journeys across the resort (trust me, I myself find it to be very ambitious, but if we can dream it ;)).

Edit: Forgot to mention the Disney character experiences part.
Edit 2: Changed the phrasing to best convey the balance between the serenity and enthralling. I need to stop this, I'm starting to feel like Kanye with all this tweaking :confused:
I will never cease to be amazed at how much content you can fit into 3 sentences. Lol though this time, I think I counted 4, I won't knock it off, but for the future you don't have to detail so much! While it's awesome to get so in-depth with this all I need is just a brief pitch about the general concept and more often than not I'm able to get the picture. And the picture here is great! Like I was saying earlier, I am a sucker for lodge type resorts - and a ski resort DVC in Utah is something that would entice me! As well as the land you designed with it which would be very interesting to see outside of a park setting. :)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Disney's Last Vegas Resort

ku-xlarge.jpg

Located outside of Las Vegas in Nevada, Disney's Last Vegas Resort is a huge sprawling "futurology" complex located below an enormous dome in middle of the desert (which allows different sections of the resort to be temperature controlled at all times of the year), and is themed as if guests are visiting the resort in the far-future.​

Guests will arrive at the resort after taking an "underground" bullet-train monorail from the airport, which explains the theme and story-line through interactive screens and monitors, and guests will also interact with live performers pretending to be guests.​

The resort provides guests four distinct outside environments to enjoy once they arrive: the Koali Beach Zone contains a water park and pools themed after tropical beaches and the lush forests of the past; the Urban District allows guests to explore futuristic buildings and alleyways while shopping or grabbing a bite to eat at a street vendor or one of many fine dinning establishments (think Blade Runner for atmosphere); the Apoc Mountains lets guests "outside" to explore three frigid (artificial) mountains covered in fresh snow which guests can ski/snowboard/sled down, and is the first ski mountain in the world to be fully themed (in a post-apocalypse setting no less); and the Silo Project plays host to guest's accommodations, providing state of the art beds and bathroom accessories (like smart mirrors); each room includes VR headsets for each guest, and floor-to-ceiling screens which display fantastic "views" of the environments outside the Silo.​
Okay wow this is ambitious! I'm assuming this resort is located somewhat close to Vegas given that the McCarran International Airport is right outside of the Vegas Strip, I'm picturing something off the strip but also within range of the airport.

Even with that this will be something completely unique to the lineup of DVC resorts. Almost like it has its own magical express with the underground bullet train and its own story as well, especially given Nevada's landscape it could truly feel like you are in a different time period at this resort - very creative!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Disney's Rail Resort
Having already provided its members recreated experiences from across the US and the world at its many resorts, Disney Vacation Club has rolled out (literally) its newest offering, the Disney Vacation Club Rail Resort, in an effort to bring its membership a new and innovative ownership opportunity. Following the same line as the spectacular Coast Starlight that runs between Seattle and Los Angeles with amazing views of the Cascades and Pacific Ocean, the DRR will provide members with many of the same, yet upgraded amenities they would expect with any of the land based established resorts in the form of top of the line sleeper cabins, table and quick service dining, an exclusive merchandise car, panorama cars, bars, entertainment, character appearances and a spa car. With stopovers in San Francisco and Portland, members will also have the ability to bookend their stay with 2nights at The Grand Californian and Disneyland either at the start or end of their trip depending on whether their travel starts or ends in LA.
Dang this is gonna be another tough round...

What I would do for this mobile resort - what a way to go back in time to the old days of rail travel while experiencing the American west coast. I feel like they could come up with a better name than just the Rail Resort, lol, but the content behind this idea. It may not be for everyone but I think for train enthusiasts or for older couples, or a weekend getaway, this could be something worth considering. Picturing flying into Seattle, hoping on the DRR, traveling down to LA for the whole week (similar to a cruise) with stops, and then flying back from LAX. Pretty neat idea!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Mystery Manor

A brand new DVC hotel located in the Hudson River Valley allows guests to indulge in the curiosity and explore all the hidden nooks and crannies that the hotel has to offer all inspired by unexplainable paranormal occurrences, lost treasures, missing persons, and strange creature sightings from real life.

Guests off all ages can not only take part in interactive adventures, solving clues, and tracking down "stolen" artifacts, but nightly ghost tours and night sky watch parties add to atmosphere; even the restaurants have hidden passageways and the pool has clues and riddles inscribed along the bottom.

Around every corner there could be a ghostly sighting, a strange creature prowling the secluded walking trails, or even booby traps lying in wait for those who want to solve the mystery at Mystery Manor.
Ahh the Hudson River Valley. This would be a gold mine for Disney because many of their WDW travelers come from the northeast, and for locals in the tri-state area looking for a weekend getaway but not for a flight/cost to go to Disney, a car ride up the Hudson to Mystery Manor and a little taste of Disney would be such a welcome treat!

In the fall when the leaves change? I know where I would be if I had DVC
10c74c5478df253d87a4ef9cf859d5ca.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Season 3 - Episode 3
Challenge 5
--HGTV Results--

Another very close round. I review one at a time, and as I go I try to assemble a possible results lineup, then every project was making the whole process break down and change:hilarious:

Nevertheless here are the results!

Honorable Mention
honorable-mention-ribbon-1020-1-25-jpg.173155

@Sephirenn and @MA Screamin'
Both of these were extremely creative even if a bit over ambitious in some regard - I'd definitely like to see these become a reality that's why they both are getting recognized!

Bronze Medal
bronze_medal.png

@D Hindley
While a more nostalgic and well-known route, it was concisely written and designed - with a nice location to build as well!

Silver Medal
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

@Disney Dad 3000
Out of all the concepts, closest to Seph's for being the most unique, it didn't try to do too much (like a transcontinental ride or something like that) and offered a unique yet well known form of travel in rail as a resort.

Gold Medal
gold_medal.png

@FigmentPigments
Really just a home run on this one in terms of location (people per capita), theme tie ins (mysteries in the fall), and also unique DVC offerings (nothing in the northeast) - it checks all the boxes it was hard to not give it the gold:bookworm:

Great work again everyone! Let's get on to Challenge 6!​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom