One Sentence Competition - Season 3 Episode 3

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
tumblr_m06qqlft3t1qkz5aqo1_500.png

Clever is as clever does.
Excellent replacement for the Tree of Life;):hilarious:

Sephirenn

The outside of the tree and the surrounding areas will not be touched except for some basic maintenance and touch-ups to keep the area and tree looking at ti's best. However, an update will be made to parts of the queue, the pre-show area, and the show itself to incorporate Eve and Wall-E and explain that the plant that was planted at the end of Wall-E has grown into the beautiful tree you sit under during the show. Most of the Wall-E themeing will be made to the queue and pre-show area, but minor changes will also be made to the show itself it incorporate Wall-E and Eve and bring a message of conservation and the consequences that came to Wall-E's world when we were not careful.

Disney Dad 3000

The outside of the tree and the surrounding areas will not be touched except for some basic maintenance and touch-ups to keep the area and tree looking at ti's best. However, an update will be made to parts of the queue, the pre-show area, and the show itself to incorporate Eve and Wall-E and explain that the plant that was planted at the end of Wall-E has grown into the beautiful tree you sit under during the show. Most of the Wall-E themeing will be made to the queue and pre-show area, but minor changes will also be made to the show itself it incorporate Wall-E and Eve and bring a message of conservation and the consequences that came to Wall-E's world when we were not careful.

I have to admit, a very cool and interesting idea for the show. While the theme of wall-e jives with AK, youd think the characters woukd stand out like a sore thumb. Really neat way of tying in the film with tree and they are tucked away so they don't look out of place as an attraction on the park.

Sorry @spacemt354 , you are the judge supreme :), but had to comment on the interesting idea.

Sephirenn

I have to admit, a very cool and interesting idea for the show. While the theme of wall-e jives with AK, youd think the characters woukd stand out like a sore thumb. Really neat way of tying in the film with tree and they are tucked away so they don't look out of place as an attraction on the park.

Sorry @spacemt354 , you are the judge supreme :), but had to comment on the interesting idea.

Thanks! I really just want some Wall-E stuff in Disney already and thought this would be a unique way to get them in there :)

FigmentPigments

As stated by others, the Tree of Life is a picture perfect park icon full of detail and gorgeous walking trails, and besides some cleaning and general refurbishment, the Tree of Life will remain as it is.

The major change will be the update of the It's Tough To Be A Bug show which would change the story line from just a showcase of bugs to better tie in to A Bug's Life movie of even the smallest things can do big things (even if we don't see them) as Flik would tell the guests
that this giant tree guests are currently sitting under started out as a tiny seed.

As the show continues, many small insects are brought forward to showcase how they affect the world and what would happen if they were to disappear, and although many of the effects would stay the same, some would disappear like the stink bug smell and the drop down spiders to be replaced with spiders on screen that shoot out webs at the guests, covering the theatre in webbing.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Episode 3
While this will go against convention and not win me the prompt this week, I won't actually recommend any changes to the tree or the it's tough to be a bug show. Having recently visited, for my money, they are both great as is, short of regular maintenance and small updates to the aesthetics of the tree and potentially a variation of the current show. The tree is the perfect icon for the park and the awakenings at night only enhance its beauty and appeal while the tough to be a bug show is fun and the journey into the tree theater is a good correlation to the bugs underground.
I will concede that the first 3 prompts here were given to me by Cranium. I too like the Tree of Life and it might be one of my favorite icons in any disney park. I can see the need for some refurbishment to the exterior due to some branches falling, and nets placed around it, but for me personally I wouldn't change much -- so the gamble here paid off!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Again - not touching the tree. I like it! Aside from the minor upgrades. I'm a bit iffy on the Wall-E show however I understand the reasoning to be put in the park. I am just hard pressed to find Wall-E being the icon attraction of Animal Kingdom, replacing it's tough to be a bug. While conservation is a vital part of it, I could see Wall-E fitting in more in an area like Rafiki's Planet Watch, or even The Land Pavilion at Epcot (replacing the Circle of Life show)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
It's Tough to be a Bug will be replaced with a show called Carousel of Life, with a similar format to Carousel of Progress showing how we have impacted the earth through time.
I actually really like the name if this show - I like it so much that I actually would like to hear more about it:bookworm: While yes the requirement is only one sentence sometimes it's better to give a bit more detail to understand what the show will be about, scene by scene, what its purpose in DAK will be, and how it will attraction more guests than it's tough to be a bug.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
As stated by others, the Tree of Life is a picture perfect park icon full of detail and gorgeous walking trails, and besides some cleaning and general refurbishment, the Tree of Life will remain as it is.

The major change will be the update of the It's Tough To Be A Bug show which would change the story line from just a showcase of bugs to better tie in to A Bug's Life movie of even the smallest things can do big things (even if we don't see them) as Flik would tell the guests
that this giant tree guests are currently sitting under started out as a tiny seed.

As the show continues, many small insects are brought forward to showcase how they affect the world and what would happen if they were to disappear, and although many of the effects would stay the same, some would disappear like the stink bug smell and the drop down spiders to be replaced with spiders on screen that shoot out webs at the guests, covering the theatre in webbing.
3/3 on the non-Tree of Life changes #rebellion!

I like the change in storyline to fit in more with the film's message of even the smallest things can do big things. It's a nice re-route of the show. Just as long as you take out the wasp stings and the bugs crawling under the seats at the end...creeps me out! :eek::p

IN the long run though, I think the average guest will assume that nothing really changed to the show unless they are on wdwmagic or have memorized the old version. If it is only changed just on that storyline with the same name average guests might not even notice haha

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Season 3 - Episode 3
Challenge 3
--Discovery Channel Results--

Thank you to everyone who contributed - a very well fought round with great ideas.

Basically, what I ranked these on are
1) was it well-thought out
2) how much passion was put into the idea
3) was it explained effectively so that as an 'elevator pitch', whoever is receiving the 'pitch' can completely understand the reasoning behind it.

There will be plenty of more opportunities and it's just for fun, so keep that in mind. :)

With that said - let's go to the results!

Honorable Mention
honorable-mention-ribbon-1020-1-25-jpg.173155

@StevenU
A bit more detail might have helped as the one sentence itself didn't fully depict the change

Bronze Medal
bronze_medal.png

@FigmentPigments - for sticking to her guns and keeping the tree, and a minor update to the existing show

Silver Medal
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

@Sephirenn - for taking a bold move and standing up for an IP that you enjoy

Gold Medal
gold_medal.png

@Disney Dad 3000 - for going out on a limb as the first post with a proposal that did a 180 to the prompt, setting the trend.

Congrats and thank you to everyone who participated! Let's get on with Challenge 4!​

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
So @CraniumCommand89 's prompts ended here, and I haven't heard back from him with more, so if you'll pardon me - I'm going to come up with the rest until when/if he returns.

Also as a note I'm not going to be here Wed-Sat. I liked the routine of having them be due Wednesday and Sunday, but I wanted to give an option to everyone.

Would you like the next challenge to be due on Tuesday night instead of Wednesday? And I can post Challenge 5 after that with it given an extra day than usual till next Sunday? Or would you just like one challenge for the week till next Sunday?

Totally your call - and while I come up with some more prompts you can comment below if you have a preference! :)

FigmentPigments

So @CraniumCommand89 's prompts ended here, and I haven't heard back from him with more, so if you'll pardon me - I'm going to come up with the rest until when/if he returns.

Also as a note I'm not going to be here Wed-Sat. I liked the routine of having them be due Wednesday and Sunday, but I wanted to give an option to everyone.

Would you like the next challenge to be due on Tuesday night instead of Wednesday? And I can post Challenge 5 after that with it given an extra day than usual till next Sunday? Or would you just like one challenge for the week till next Sunday?

Totally your call - and while I come up with some more prompts you can comment below if you have a preference! :)
Tuesday is fine with me.

Disney Dad 3000

Like Figment said, Tuesday works, but do whatever works best with your schedule. We'll just change the channel in the meantime. ;)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Season 3 - Episode 3
Challenge 4
--Comedy Central--
1200px-Comedy_Central_2011_Logo.svg.png

We've turned on our TVs and our stop is - Comedy Central!
monsters-inc-laugh-floor-00.jpg

The Monsters Inc Laugh Floor is an acquired taste for Tomorrowland purists wondering what Monsters Inc has to do with Tomorrowland, but for the average guest walking in for a few laughs, it does the job. And especially with today's modern technology, it can be done very well.

However, in this situation, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor is closing, in its place is going a different theater show similar to the Timekeeper. But WDW management still wants a 'comedy club' style attraction within one of its four parks.

In 1-3 Sentences, your task will be to create a new Laugh Floor style show with an IP (or non-IP) and place it in any of the 4 WDW theme parks.

A custom sketch of the designs are optional and aren't necessary (though if you can - more power to you!)

This project will be due Tuesday July 11th at 9PM EST

As always have fun and if you have any questions please feel free to ask! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom