One night - no reservations?

Pluto fan girl

Original Poster
Is it possible to walk in to a resort and get a room for a night? Chances of a cheaper price to fill the resort like other hotels do? Getting to disney a day earlier than reservations in a few weeks. Res are for POR. Thought it might be neat for kids to stay at a value for one night?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Is it possible to walk in to a resort and get a room for a night? Chances of a cheaper price to fill the resort like other hotels do? Getting to disney a day earlier than reservations in a few weeks. Res are for POR. Thought it might be neat for kids to stay at a value for one night?
Front desk at Disney hotels will give you a phone to talk to central reservations in most cases. Don't expect to get a deal or even a room. If available, it may well be rack rate.

Pluto fan girl

Original Poster
Front desk at Disney hotels will give you a phone to talk to central reservations in most cases. Don't expect to get a deal or even a room. If available, it may well be rack rate.

That is kind of what I figured. DH and I were stranded at the airport on 9/11/11 (BWI shut down) after a stay at POR - went back to MOVIES - but it was an ordeal.

Thanks for your reply!

Rob562

If you're looking for a deal on a same-night room, try the Hotel Tonight app (available on iPhone and Android), unless you definitely want Disney. It'll give you discounted same-day offers, but Disney hotels don't participate.

For example, I just looked up Orlando in the app, and for tonight it gives the B Resort on Hotel Plaza Blvd for $85 with tax and fees and Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek for $107 with tax and fees.

But @wdwmagic is correct. The front desk of a Disney hotel will have you call Central Reservations.

-Rob

Pluto fan girl

Original Poster
If you're looking for a deal on a same-night room, try the Hotel Tonight app (available on iPhone and Android), unless you definitely want Disney. It'll give you discounted same-day offers, but Disney hotels don't participate.

For example, I just looked up Orlando in the app, and for tonight it gives the B Resort on Hotel Plaza Blvd for $85 with tax and fees and Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek for $107 with tax and fees.

But @wdwmagic is correct. The front desk of a Disney hotel will have you call Central Reservations.

-Rob

Thanks for the app info! I will try it!

HollyAD

-Rob
We have also used our hotels tonight app for deals in Orlando. Good deals.

Dog Ate Mouse

The DWF and I always come down a Day early than when our vacation package begins, most of the times in September and other times early October. She starts calling room reservations the minute we live the welcome to Florida vistor center. Now she spends about 30 minutes going back and fourth and most of the time gets our room for the night at POR for a decent price. Also that room will 9 times out of 10 be the room we will stay in the next Day onward when our vacation package begins. Now after our WDW pcakge end the DW start work right away and gets us booked into All Star Movies or All Star Music. This is normally pay the price at regular asking price and not the best on discounts. But we love to stay at WDW hotels and resorts when we are visiting Sea World and so on after our WDW vacation has ended. This way we feel safe, have clean rooms and still have that Disney Magic Feeling to last a bit longer.

Rob562

The DWF and I always come down a Day early than when our vacation package begins, most of the times in September and other times early October. She starts calling room reservations the minute we live the welcome to Florida vistor center. Now she spends about 30 minutes going back and fourth and most of the time gets our room for the night at POR for a decent price. Also that room will 9 times out of 10 be the room we will stay in the next Day onward when our vacation package begins. Now after our WDW pcakge end the DW start work right away and gets us booked into All Star Movies or All Star Music. This is normally pay the price at regular asking price and not the best on discounts. But we love to stay at WDW hotels and resorts when we are visiting Sea World and so on after our WDW vacation has ended. This way we feel safe, have clean rooms and still have that Disney Magic Feeling to last a bit longer.

I'm confused... If you always do this, and you know you'll be staying those nights, why don't you make a hotel reservation to start with and get a discounted rate when one is available? Why wait until you're an hour away from Disney?

-Rob

mickeysbrother

I usually like to show up a day in advance and ask if a room is avail. Honestly if they said no i would not mind spending 50 dollars right outside the gate.
But every time i have asked they have had a room and i don't have to switch after that night.
As for the price, i ask it to be the same price as my other nights. So far so good have not had a hassle yet.

EvilQueen-T

We've done it 3 times for one night day of BUT I did it by calling the usual reservations number and asked what was available under current discounts. Once we did it because we added 2 nights when I came out to find my car had been rear ended during our stay at the poly, once when we had car trouble driving down which took up half of what was to be a one day no overnight trip, and once just because we were to tired to drive home. My granddaughter thought they were grand adventures especially when we had to buy an outfit and some basic toiletries to do it.

brokedad

-Rob
I have used that app many times, and it has saved me money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom